What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The surprise packet of 2005 ??

bartman

Immortal
This time last year I predicted big years for Luke Burt and Ash Graham... oh well!

Surprise packet player for next year could be someone stepping up into the centres or halves. So out of Davis, B Smith, O'Dwyer, Perenara, T Smith, Green?

mickyj

Bench
Just on Paul Stringer. Did anyone read his interview in Big League. He is very very keen to come and whatta you know he mentioned our "professional setup". I think he will provide a spark to our bench with his always trying attitude and quick play the balls.

Souths fans biggist problem with Stringer was he was very slow in the pall the ball.

bartman

Immortal
Wasn't stringer the one who went off at his Souths team mates early in the season (or season before) about being unprofessional etc? "Playing with a bunch of idiots" I think was the quote? :lol:

Utey

Coach
If you reckon Stringer plays the ball slow your blind. He always makes good meters and plays it a lot quicker than other props.

Utey

Coach
His an honest forward who even with souths never gave up. I reckon he could do us very weell off the bench. I dont really rate him as a starting player because he was always played off the bench at souths.

The Colonel

Immortal
His an honest forward who even with souths never gave up. I reckon he could do us very weell off the bench. I dont really rate him as a starting player because he was always played off the bench at souths.

This year he was. Twelve months ago or more he was starting and their captain. Fit I rate him alongside O'Meley......

Pazza

First Grade
Well the bulldogs rate stringer pretty highly. Everytime he has come of contract they have show alot of interest.

Utey

Coach
But his a very big gamble. I think we bought him for 200K and with that back injury of his Iam not sure how much he will play.

Pazza

First Grade
Afasamaga is a name people are forgeting when they are talking about next season. He is young, big, mobile with good foot work and put him in a pack with experianced players such as Hindmarsh, Cayless, Morrison and Stringer all playing well then i can see him developing really well. He is a real diamond in the rough.

stuke

Bench
i actually agree with the call on vella...his contract is up at the end of 2005 and how many times do you see players step up in the year that it occurs.

look I hope he proves me wrong but nothing he can do this year will make Parra resign him and If Parra do resign him it will be for a 1/4 of what he was getting.

Adam Spadam

Juniors
look I hope he proves me wrong but nothing he can do this year will make Parra resign him and If Parra do resign him it will be for a 1/4 of what he was getting.

If you were in charge maybe, but you arent...

Utey

Coach
I have been very bored and watching the old games of 02 and 03 and in some games his agression and the meters he gained was incredible. Anyone remember our comeback against Warriors? I know times changed but uninjured he can be as good as any other prop. Just remmeber he used to play wing

BlueNGoldBlood

Juniors
vella is deceivingly fast for such a dopey looking fella
i really do hope he does have a big year for us..but i wont hold my breath :oops: