What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Swamp

Bandwagon

Staff member
Yeah and it's all true too.

I've done my research and have some experience with them. Thanks for the advice though, even if it was shit.

I had a coupla trees for about fifteen years, TBH all I ever did with them is dehusk and leave 'em in a bucket or plastic tub till I could be arsed cracking them, for which I used a 9/16 ringspanner and a hammer.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I had a coupla trees for about fifteen years, TBH all I ever did with them is dehusk and leave 'em in a bucket or plastic tub till I could be arsed cracking them, for which I used a 9/16 ringspanner and a hammer.
New winner re: number of euphemisms.

That's about what i was going to do, minus the spanner but it's been so moist lately that I fear a fungal invasion in the small cracks in the shell. Not only that but the moisture in the nut will take longer to evaporate in a bucket so a screened drying table it will be. I am a dab hand a cracking them open with my ball pein hammer so the spanner is not required. I intend to roast some and smoke some with various different flavours..... salt, garlic, chili etc etc. I never took them too serious before but am determined to do a bang up job of it this year.

Bandwagon

Staff member
That's about what i was going to do, minus the spanner but it's been so moist lately that I fear a fungal invasion in the small cracks in the shell. Not only that but the moisture in the nut will take longer to evaporate in a bucket so a screened drying table it will be. I am a dab hand a cracking them open with my ball pein hammer so the spanner is not required. I intend to roast some and smoke some with various different flavours..... salt, garlic, chili etc etc. I never took them too serious before but am determined to do a bang up job of it this year.

The spanner just holds them in place a limits the likelihood of busting up the kernel, but yeah, ball pein is the way to go, Lolz.

If you tend to break a few, crushed and mixed with panko makes a tasty coating for near any thing you'd crumb and fry.

The spanner just holds them in place a limits the likelihood of busting up the kernel, but yeah, ball pein is the way to go, Lolz.

If you tend to break a few, crushed and mixed with panko makes a tasty coating for near any thing you'd crumb and fry.
I never thought of that. I have been wondering what to do with them bits. Sounds perfect. Thanks a million.

[Insert vaguely funny at the time but now piss poor ad from the 1980s]
It would have been funnier if you could have produced one that even remotely kept the theme going Gary. I'm a bit disappointed and feel you could do better. You're slipping mate. Get your shit together and get with the programme.