What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The T.V Rights Thread Part III

How much will the Total Broadcast Rights Deal be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

undertaker

Coach
Why Ch9 can't show the Sunday 4pm game live is beyond me. I'm sorry, but to all those ppl on this forum who say they love watching delayed telecasts, delayed telecasts are a thing of the past. We're now in the 21st century. Even Ch7 was forced to televise their AFL matches live into Melbourne

After watching the Sea Eagles/Knights game live online last Sunday, I'm going to stay well away from watching the delayed broadcast on Ch9 if they still have any intention of showing that game on delay in the next rights deal. It's an absolute disgrace that we get the game on delay here with blocks of ads at the most inappropriate moments, yet ppl in NZ and the UK can watch it live and in HD. When you watch a game live, and then watch the delayed broadcast on Ch9, it's like watching two completely different sports. The whole flow and momentum of the game is stifled. Not only that, but the fact that we have to put up with the two "Rays" (one of them is 5-10 yrs past his use-by date, the other doesn't give a rat's arse about league, full stop) and Voss is pretty much going to disappear into league oblivion is a joke

If Ch9 did the right thing and gave the fans the coverage they deserve, there wouldn't be online streams in the first place. I don't care if the online broadcast is not as clear as on tv, at least I don't get treated with the contempt that Ch9 loves to thrust upon its viewers

Last edited:

BunniesMan

Immortal
The fans won't see any money

We wanted better access to games

We got the same old shit
This crystalizes the issue perfectly. It's not our f**ken money. What affects fans first and foremost is access to games and we're seeing no improvements there.

And fmd watching Grant act like he's done a good job is giving me the shits. And Gyngell is a fat ugly f**k.

docbrown

Coach
Told you guys Nine folded on fixed scheduling :lol:

I hate 9 but it's a good deal in terms of money and scheduling and will end up around the $1.1 to $1.2 billion mark with the new sponsorship and NZ rights etc

Evenflow

Bench
Lol how does Foxsports get away with offering such a pissweak amount and then showing every game?

Foxtel aren't guaranteed hundreds of millions in advertising revenue given they have no ads in play. Unlike 9 who squeeze in as many as they can wherever they can.

Ray Mosters

Juniors
Right, theres the kicker

Nine and Fox have given up their First and Last bid rights for all subsequent deals. Seemingly in exchange for these set of rights.

Knightmare

Coach
Fixed scheduling sounds good. I hope Grant is fair dinkum about there being live coverage across Australia for FTA.

I hope they make a sensible decision regarding expansion. Perth, Central Coast and CQ are all shaping well as bids, it would be ridiculous to exclude even one of them.

Springs

First Grade
Anybody happy with this deal is easily pleased IMO, nothing has changed a little but more money but the same arrogant wankers will treating RL viewers like shit again. One FTA game a week and on SD is just not f**king good enough in this day and age.

That's it. It's not just about the money, it's about putting up with the same bullshit nine has given us for the last however many god damn years. We need more live games a week, we need live Sunday games, we need live games into Victoria and the western states, we need live International matches, we need more fixed scheduling, we need less shitty timeslots like sunday night, we need live games into local areas, we need less f**king betting ads etc.

jc155776

Coach
Schedule may be fixed but by whom.

Will there be a fair distribution of free to air games for the first 20 rounds?

How far out will the final 6 rounds be scheduled?

Status
Not open for further replies.