What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The team v Storm

Meth

Staff member
VODAFONE WARRIORS

1 LANCE HOHAIA
2 KEVIN LOCKE
3 BRENT TATE
4 JEROME ROPATI
5 MANU VATUVEI
6 JAMES MALONEY
7 BRETT SEYMOUR
8 JESSE ROYAL
9 AARON HEREMAIA
10 RUSSELL PACKER
11 SIMON MANNERING (c)
12 LEWIS BROWN
13 MICHEAL LUCK
Interchange:
14 IAN HENDERSON
15 BEN MATULINO
16 JEREMY LATIMORE
17 UKUMA TA’AI
18 SIONE LOUSI

So Hohaia, Locke, Tate and Seymour in. Tupou, Moon, John and I'm presuming Lousi out

http://www.warriors.co.nz/news/652/Quartet-recalled-to-take-on-Storm

Last edited by a moderator:

NZ Warrior

First Grade
Great looking team. I hope they all are fit to play.
Let's f**king give it to those cheating scum!!!

Scorpio30

Bench
Shame for those guys who have played well over the last couple of weeks.
I prefer the idea of not changing a winning team TBH.

Martli

Coach
Shame for those guys who have played well over the last couple of weeks.
I prefer the idea of not changing a winning team TBH.

The only two that have really been "dropped" are Moon and Lousi. Tupou and John both picked up injuries according to the article.

Meth

Staff member
Let's be honest though- only John was really in with a shot of keeping his spot.

Meth

Staff member
Storm

1. Billy Slater
2. Matt Duffie
3. Chase Stanley
4. Greg Inglis
5. Dane Nielsen
6. Brett Finch
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Bryan Norrie
9. Cam Smith ©
10. Brett White
11. Adam Blair
12. Sika Manu
13. Kevin Proctor

Interchange:
14. Ryan Hinchcliffe
15. Todd Lowrie
16. Aiden Tolman
17. Jeff Lima
18. Ryan Hoffman

Rich102

Staff member
Why's and wherefore's aside there are too many changes to a winning team for me.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
Why's and wherefore's aside there are too many changes to a winning team for me.

They are logical choices though, Richy. The makeshift team has been doing a great job, but you can't leave players like Tate, Seymour, Hohaia & Locke out.

The Storm are going to be tough, so we need our A Team on board.

PASSION

Juniors
Let's be honest though- only John was really in with a shot of keeping his spot.

Yeah a shame alright! Has shown his ability and i can see he is getting more confident with every game. I hope the knee inquiry is not too bad. We still differently need him.

Should be a stronger team with those 4 changes. Now we just need Sammy back and we will be a full strength (except of course for Pricey but he's gone for good now).

Micistm

Bench
They are logical choices though, Richy. The makeshift team has been doing a great job, but you can't leave players like Tate, Seymour, Hohaia & Locke out.

The Storm are going to be tough, so we need our A Team on board.

Not to mention some fresh players will help after last week. They'd be feeling pretty poked.

One Warrior

Bench
Happy with the team, would of been equally if Ropati stayed at fullback and Brown in the centres, Locke had to come back for Tupou and Seymour for John because of injury.

ozreece77

Juniors
mixed feelings about the changes as i dont think the "A team" could have done any better on Sunday. But changes had to be made just for the fact that the A players have hardly played with each other this season and need to get some combinations going (both on defense and attack) if we are going to be any chance for the playoffs.

I dont think we have seen the last of John. I get the impression that Seymour is "fragile"...

And if Hohaia has a groin issue, he should really get it right completely and not come back too early. So half hoping he pulls out of this weeks game.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
Not taking anything away from Isaac John, but I think the team looks more structured with Seymour in the team.

Yes, that comes with more experience. But it also allows Maloney to play a more natural game, with Seymour directing the team. So I think those 2 players compliment each other well.

It's certainly a good position to be in, having flexibility in the halves. But it's just sad that someone has to miss out.

Scott

Bench
It appears that John has done his ACL. Gorne for the season. I'd say this means we can't really afford another injury to Buster or Maloney.