What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Titanometer

How will you feel about the Gold Coast in 2007?

• Total voters

Misty Bee

First Grade
OK, now that they are part of the landscape again, it's time to state where you stand on the new Titans. I'm interested for 3 reasons:

1) Who is making the move from supporting a current club to the Titties, and why,

2) Whch club will lose the most support because of this, and

3) To see if anyone has developed a hatred of them before a ball is kicked.

For the record, I was saddened that the NRL failed to follow the more deserved path - this code will forever be hollow without the Bears. However, given that here are now 3 coastal clubs between the CBD's of Sydney and Brisbane (and one of them, Manly, are very much frowned upon in my dwelling), I though I'd throw my wishes behind them - even if they were f**king lazy and pinched my clubs colours, like other lazy clubs like NQ and Melboring. (Wear f**king red for f**s sake!!!!).

I'll put the Titans in Souths box. I'll cheer 'em on v most clubs, and cast not a tear in their direction against my mob.

Welcome back Gold Coast. :clap::clap:

Quidgybo

Bench
You've missed one, "I will support them and have previously supported an NRL club who are no longer in the NRL." (eg. the Chargers)

Not quite the same thing as ditching an existing club or never having supported a club.

Leigh.

willvillain

Juniors
My feelings currently: complete indifference. I think they will struggle early, they have no direct rivalry with my club and until they start winning games I don't see them as a threat - basically I have no reason to hate them yet.

Hindyscrack

Bench
I will be a STH, but will still support the Eels. So in a way i will be supporting the Titans, but they will not be my number one club.

Philby

Juniors
I will support them as long as the arent playing the Raiders. I think it was a great move by the NRL. There was a need for another QLD club and i think they have a great supporter base to survive unlike former attempts Seagulls, Giants, Crushers ect

miccle

Bench
I hate them... hell it's our local rivals!

I want a Roosters/Rabbits, St George/Sharks style rivalry here. Hate thy neighbour ;-)

Still hope they do well and stay financially viable and successful with crowd figures etc for the sake of the game.

knights04

Bench
They should do alright, considering they have bought 25 players who have at least some sort of NRL/ESL experience, unlike any other NRL club. I was considering them as a second team, but their fast becoming arrogant like the Broncos.

JW

Coach
I hope they settle into the competition well and successfully establish themselves for the long haul, unlike previous attempts in the region. It'll be fantastic for Queensland Rugby League to have an extra presence at the elite level.

Other than that though, I already hate them with a passion (see miccles post). Having a genuine local rival like many of the Sydney clubs have is something i'm really looking forward to.

Hate thy neighbour indeed!

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
They will be my second team, chances are I will see more of thier games live than I will the Sharks due to geographic contraints. Plus I hate the Broncos.

salivor

First Grade
They'll be one of my fav teams. Obviously there is already a rivalry there with the Broncos but like the cowboys I think it's a pretty friendly rivalry and also like the Cowboys I'll support them in most matches where my side isn't involved.

Misty Bee

First Grade
Quidgybo said:
You've missed one, "I will support them and have previously supported an NRL club who are no longer in the NRL." (eg. the Chargers)

Not quite the same thing as ditching an existing club or never having supported a club.

Leigh.

I'm assuming that ex Charger fans have found someone else to follow.

Redback71

First Grade
you forgot 1 cateogory yes i will support them as my 2nd team but no way in hell am i deserting my current team.

by the way i live up on the gold coast area.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
salivor said:
They'll be one of my fav teams. Obviously there is already a rivalry there with the Broncos but like the cowboys I think it's a pretty friendly rivalry and also like the Cowboys I'll support them in most matches where my side isn't involved.
There may be hope for you yet. If not the Warriors, perhaps the Titans will be your saviour. When are you going to visit SE Qld?

caylo

Bench
couldn't care less about the titans... pff if they failed it wouldn't bother me. It will detract alot of juniors from parramatta. Some of our best prospect are from that region

Latest posts