What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The TNA Impact Thread **Spoilers**

Ari Gold

Bench
So Joe loses to Lashley and Daniels loses a forgettable X Division match yet both are rewarded with title shots? Got to love wrestling logic sometimes. I would've prefered to of seen a Styles/Angle clash, with added stipulations of course.

Angle/McGuiness should be great though - great coup TNA.

It was an insane match, maybe you should comment on a wrestling program you actually watch and not go off on what some marks say on some wrestling forum.

when will Tna diez?? LOL OMGF

Big Pete

Referee
It was a spot fest which has been done over and over and over and over...

If I did enjoy it, I'd also enjoy a promotion like WSX. :lol:

Misanthrope

Staff member
I agree with that statement but I fail to see how this show really demonstrated the perfect blend.

I never said it was.

The championship match literally came out of no where, without any rhyme or reason. I would've been fine with the announcement had it come later in the show following an altercation with all three wrestlers but creative obviously continued it's pursuit to copy the WWE and just throw together a match that people will enjoy without laying the ground work and getting potential audiences interested.

When did the WWE last give fans a match they wanted? I'm confused as to where TNA are 'copying' the WWE on this. And even if they were - you make it sound like a bad thing that a company is catering to its fanbase. Isn't that what a wrestling promotion is supposed to do?

If I did enjoy it, I'd also enjoy a promotion like WSX

If you are honestly likening the Ultimate X to WSX, you obviously didn't watch much WSX.

This years BFG Ultimate X > This year's Money In The Bank.

Nigel debuts, right in an angle with Angle? I LOVE THIS. I'm tuning in. Great pick up.

Phasing out the vets? I like it.

Breaking kayfabe? Don't mind it.

I'm very interested.

I also heard Danielson may be signing to TNA instead of WWE.

I enjoyed reading that Rhino/Team 3D segment too. Because I'm a Rhino mark.

Big Pete

Referee
When did the WWE last give fans a match they wanted? I'm confused as to where TNA are 'copying' the WWE on this. And even if they were - you make it sound like a bad thing that a company is catering to its fanbase. Isn't that what a wrestling promotion is supposed to do?

They're similar in TNA booking certain main event matches together with little logic which is very reminiscent of the WWE booking stipulations to matches with little logic. Where the two differ is the WWE are marketing to a larger audience while TNA is marketing towards the smarks, a community they shunned ever since I can remember. (Well, to be fair, they've made efforts to engage them, terrible terrible efforts). In saying, TNA should be trying to cater towards both markets. Promote good wrestling and captivating gimmicks. Unfortunately TNA can never find the right combination and only fulfill one side of the ledger. I mean, when a referee turned professional wrestler received a better build up than the likes of Styles, Joe or Daniels you know something is wrong within the company.

If you are honestly likening the Ultimate X to WSX, you obviously didn't watch much WSX.

Glorified spot wrestling with no-names? I believe I'm on the mark.

EDIT:
Neither Joe, Styles or Daniels make an appearance on the next edition of Impact...what a fantastic way to build up your main event. How are mainstream fans supposed to care about either Joe or Daniels?

Last edited:

azzah72

Bench
They're similar in TNA booking certain main event matches together with little logic which is very reminiscent of the WWE booking stipulations to matches with little logic. Where the two differ is the WWE are marketing to a larger audience while TNA is marketing towards the smarks, a community they shunned ever since I can remember. (Well, to be fair, they've made efforts to engage them, terrible terrible efforts). In saying, TNA should be trying to cater towards both markets. Promote good wrestling and captivating gimmicks. Unfortunately TNA can never find the right combination and only fulfill one side of the ledger. I mean, when a referee turned professional wrestler received a better build up than the likes of Styles, Joe or Daniels you know something is wrong within the company.

Glorified spot wrestling with no-names? I believe I'm on the mark.

EDIT:
Neither Joe, Styles or Daniels make an appearance on the next edition of Impact...what a fantastic way to build up your main event. How are mainstream fans supposed to care about either Joe or Daniels?

You will find that the editing will be different, i believe leading up to BFG, that styles/sting weren't on the "show" but on the actual televised show they were in sit down interviews and what not. They may be doing something like that.

Ari Gold

Bench
They're in the main event this week, Joe and Nash v AJ and Daniels..... and next week there'll probably be a backstage segment of some sort.

Ari Gold

Bench
Guess who scores the pinfall?

And your point? He's been pinned several times in the past 2 months (by younger wrestlers) so it doesn't really matter.

Anything else you'd like to bitch and moan about TNA?

Did you enjoy your Snoopy Dogg and Hornswoggle this week?

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Danielson won't be joining "Desmond" :crazy: in TNA. He'll be making his debut in WWE soon enough.

Good pickup for TNA though.

As for the Main Event, I'm not going to argue with Joe V Styles V Daniels. Don't care how bad the booking is, that's just a match I'm not going to argue with. Although it does annoy me that Joe is constantly used as a Sacrificial Lamb whenever WWE talent crosses over. First Angle, now Lashley, and I believe even Tomko scored a win over Joe.

TNA are basically saying that anyone can come over and beat TNA's best right from the start.

Big Pete

Referee
And your point? He's been pinned several times in the past 2 months (by younger wrestlers) so it doesn't really matter.

Anything else you'd like to bitch and moan about TNA?

Did you enjoy your Snoopy Dogg and Hornswoggle this week?

:lol: So how are marks meant to get behind Daniels? You know, the real fans who provide promotions with revenue?

Yes, Styles should wrestle more and talk less. He's worse than Benoit on the microphone, far worse. Also, he shouldn't be made to look like a shrub against Angle.

:lol: So how are marks meant to get behind Daniels? You know, the real fans who provide promotions with revenue?

Yes, Styles should wrestle more and talk less. He's worse than Benoit on the microphone, far worse. Also, he shouldn't be made to look like a shrub against Angle.

AJ isnt that bad on the mic
how are marks real fan????

DB

First Grade
How many people above 15 do you see wearing wrestling gear, and compare it to the number below 15.....

Big Pete

Referee
I've noticed there's a lot of closet wrestling fans out there over the age of 15. Until you slide in a casual WWE reference and wait to see if they correct you, you'll never hear boo from them.

Big Pete

Referee
I'm refering to the perceived stereotypical version who buys the merch, PPVs, etc.

Cheer the faces, boo the heels, etc.

Last edited:

Latest posts