What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The treatment of Brett Finch

sydraider

First Grade
Raider Ultra said:
She is great, he has won bugger all there, and looks like doing so for the rest of his career. I look forward to him being released to Souths next year :D

That would be a backwards step for souths, with the likes of sutton, moran and champion coming through. I think finchy will either go to the old dart or end up back at home with the knights LOL

Prodigiousman

Juniors
Just on the paragraph issue - if you couldn't tell that was a emotive piece vs a journalistic piece then I'm sorry. I wasn't entering Forum7s or putting a piece up for FTC with it, it was just a culmination of how I felt about the way we as fans can act to the detriment of our club and putting paragraphs in to make everyone happy didn't seem really that important. I could start a new paragraph now (or earlier in this paragraph) if you like but I'm finished.

I guess all in all what I was hoping to get across is we never help the club with personal attacks on players or staff - there is a marked difference between criticising and attacking members of the club and that is the essence of what my 'too hard to read' post was all about.

Sully

Juniors
Thank you for the clarification Warrick Nicolson.

Now piss off!

Mate, These guys are professional business men(players) if you are paid 6 figures a year set up!

Im sure in your line of business Warrick and mine if we are under performing or failing to do the basics we get pulled in.

In the case of Finch he is a dirty, greedy bastard.

END OF STORY.

edabomb

First Grade
I agree they have to take whats dished out.

But I also see Warricks point that we may become an undesirable place to play if current trends continue. Finch was treated poorly, as J_Monas has been. We may say they deserve it, but its hardly making Canberra look any more attractive to free agents.

Sully

Juniors
Ed...

If we had decent upper management and coaching staff with half a brain we would be dangerous.

Canberra offers so much and look when Sheens was head coach how he use to source player from everywhere!

Also retaining Jnr's is a key aswell we have let some cracking players go!

edabomb

First Grade
Fair call. Our management doesn't seem to have much idea on finding talent. The Kiwis we've recruited recently have been poor, we've also got alot of ordinary Queenslanders. Canberra should tour NZ again, remember they picked up Hoppe, Wiki, Lomax, Pongia and Nadruku (from the sevens) all between 1992 and 1993.

Raider_69

Post Whore
FINCH IS SCUM!
he deserves everything he gets
suck sh*t finch, cop it sweetly on your buck teeth, your a nuffy who has made a career on being carried by Fittler and Daley

I had to post this here...

The NRL have announced plans for a blockbuster book at the end of the season.

The book is based around the Roosters, and it details their lack of success since a certain player joined the Bondi Junction club a few years ago.

I have an exclusive screenshot of the book cover that I can reveal here.

*drumroll*

dafinchycode.jpg

newbook.jpg

As you can see, I'm extremely bored...

Raider_69

Post Whore
:lol:
and that book would outline what exactly?
how to dash premiership hopes?
how to take incredably poor 5th tackle options?
How to turn a team of internationals into a rabble?

Da Finchy Code, gold! :lol:

brenno

Juniors
Finch is ordinary. I predicted this at the start of the season that the Roosters would struggle with Finch as their go 2 guy in the halves once Freddy left. Even with a star studded foward pack Finch can't get it done. The Roosters wasted over 600k a year on two very ordinary former Raiders players. Great complimentary player but, when the going gets tough Finchy crumbles quicker than you can say overrated.

sydraider

First Grade
Maybe that book explains that mona lisa is actually smiling because finch STILL hasnt won any domestic silverware!

Boing Boing

Juniors
Prodigiousman said:
Just on the paragraph issue - if you couldn't tell that was a emotive piece vs a journalistic piece then I'm sorry. I wasn't entering Forum7s or putting a piece up for FTC with it, it was just a culmination of how I felt about the way we as fans can act to the detriment of our club and putting paragraphs in to make everyone happy didn't seem really that important. I could start a new paragraph now (or earlier in this paragraph) if you like but I'm finished.

I guess all in all what I was hoping to get across is we never help the club with personal attacks on players or staff - there is a marked difference between criticising and attacking members of the club and that is the essence of what my 'too hard to read' post was all about.

Just on the paragraph issue mate: Emotive piece or not, all bodies of writing should be subject to paragraphs. It breaks up the piece and makes it much easier to read.

Just on the rest of your piece, I can't really comment honestly, because I didn't really watch the Raiders much until 2003, my team having been shafted from the comp a few years prior. I agree with your sentiments to a point, but also, Finch deserves everything he gets, I've met the bastard and he sure isn't worth a ball of my spit.

BAY72

Juniors
Don't forget,

We watch this great game for entertainment, and if we aren't entertained then we have a right to be up set.

As Sully pointed out, this is not just a game, look at it from a buisness point of view, they train all week and only have to perform for 80 min. and some can't even do that, and then next week they don't get dropped.
any other buisness would have them out on their ear, especially if this happened week after week.

I love my team and I pump a lot of time, Money and effort in to seeing them play every week. but just cause I turn up every week dosn't mean I have to love every player nor do I have to agree with every decission made by the coach, staff or the players on the day.

This is my / your right as a supporter, and you can feel free to voice you opinions as loud or as quiet as you like.

But for those of you that believe that Finch is a wanker, and deserves nothing more than what's coming to him, then you're welcom to join me in exercising our right to let him know at the next Raiders V Roosters game.

cooba

Juniors
Good on yer Toots for visiting the "Crookwell Witch" she was thrilled with your visit. No matter what "Sticky" does she cannot change the curse-it holds until he sees the light and gets rid of him-Sticky knows that!!