What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The truth on each player

Vicious

Bench
Hodgo - been a great player for us, but he`s lost a yard of pace that made him so dangerous and IT WAS THE CORRECT DECISION to let him go. We need to find someone younger, hungrier and more electric !

Tuiaki - i think he`d be somewhere in the top 17 in most NRL clubs. He does a reasonable job out on the wing, but I think we should be getting him back in the back row.

McDonnell - Not a winger, too small to be a decent winger. In saying this he`s a very good broken play ball runner and if gets his confidence back he could be a good option at fullback. I know he has ability, but i`d still send him elsewhere

Ryan - He does a reasonable job on the wing, but really is a centre. I like his enthusiasm and he plays with a bit of aggression. He should be kept and given more of a go in the centres for the rest of this season.

Collis - has done very little over the past 2 seasons. Has talent, but seems to lack pace and no aggression to make up for it. Send him to French Rugby

Lawrence - He is a genuine star in the making. He has been a little disappointing this season, but is still showing glimpses of class and i`m sure he`ll kick on with some decent players around him.

Marshall - Obviously nowhere near his best, but he`s still proving to be by far our most dangerous player. We need to provide him with a decent forward pack and some players with some heart and aggression around him.

Head - Very good player when right, but he`s very rarely right and not a good fit at the Wests Tigers, flick him.

Morris - A reasonably good hooker, no good to us we have a dozen good hookers, just not much else. Surely one of the new Super League clubs could find use for him ?

Halatau - The most over rated player i`ve ever seen in my life. Does not know how to pass a football other than from dummy half and one of the worst arm grabbers to ever play first grade. He`s only of first grade standard as a hooker as he is a good dummy half runner, but he`s not gonna be our first choice and he`s on too much money to be a bench player. Get rid of him.

Fulton - Plenty of ability and always puts in defensively, but he`s obviously down on confidence as he just doesn`t seem to be able to find a way to do something usefull in attack. Then again our ball players wouldn`t exactly give you much confidence when running onto the ball either. I`d persist with him, but get someone to let him know, fire up in attack or look for another employer.

Heighington - He`s had a couple of sub standard games himself, but the big picture says he`s really the only bloke who can say that he`s had a good season thus far.

Harrison - I`ve always been a fan of his, but his defence is getting worse and he`s not running onto the ball with any venom. We don`t exactly have many damaging ball runners now that Te`o has gone, so we have to persist with him, but I fear his confidence is shot beyond repair ?

Te`o - Well he`s now gone, so really not much point in playing him in first grade for the rest of the season. Massive potential, but his whole attitude has been most disappointing.

Payne - Ihaven`t heard of anyone anywhere that has anything good to say about his footballing ability and that about sums it up.

Galea - thaught he`s was one of our more hard hitting defenders before his season ending injury. He`s contracted to us for next season and theer`s certainly far worse players than him running around in the NRL, but please don`t play him at prop, not a props backside.

Gibbs - Another who i`ve always been a fan of and thaught it would only be a matter of time before he lives up to his potential, but gee i`m running out of patience. Played like a scared cat last night and has done so far too regularly over the past couple of seasons.

Farah - obviously a very classy player when close to his best, but i believe he`s let his ego get in the way this season and has played like a reserve grader for most of it !

Galloway - a bit of a shining light this season. Pity that injury has restricted him as he was really starting to get confident and aggressive.

Payten - obviously we`ve missed him heaps. A real forward leader these days who certainly makes a difference when he`s playing, but what is the go with this injury he has, the time it`s taken for him to recover is beyond a joke.

Laurie - another who has been a real breath of fresh air for us. Plenty of potential, just a pity he`s so far had to play alongside of one of the softest forward packs in the games history !

Tandy and Metuisela - not given much of a go, but i`ve noticed a few supporters pushing their barrows, they are not first grade standard.

Trimarchi - similar to the above two mentioned, he hasn`t be given much of a go and his lack of size is no good to us whatsoever, but he has some ability.

Flanagan - a class act and will prove this next season once he is surrounded by some forwards that will have a go, similar to Te`o !!!

Last edited:

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Hodgo - been a great player for us, but he`s lost a yard of pace that made him so dangerous and IT WAS THE CORRECT DECISION to let him go. We need to find someone younger, hungrier and more electric !

Tuiaki - i think he`d be somewhere in the top 17 in most NRL clubs. He does a reasonable job out on the wing, but I think we should be getting him back in the back row.

McDonnell - Not a winger, too small to be a decent winger. In saying this he`s a very good broken play ball runner and if gets his confidence back he could be a good option at fullback. I know he has ability, but i`d still send him elsewhere

Ryan - He does a reasonable job on the wing, but really is a centre. I like his enthusiasm and he plays with a bit of aggression. He should be kept and given more of a go in the centres for the rest of this season.

Collis - has done very little over the past 2 seasons. Has talent, but seems to lack pace and no aggression to make up for it. Send him to French Rugby

Lawrence - He is a genuine star in the making. He has been a little disappointing this season, but is still showing glimpses of class and i`m sure he`ll kick on with some decent players around him.

Marshall - Obviously nowhere near his best, but he`s still proving to be by far our most dangerous player. We need to provide him with a decent forward pack and some players with some heart and aggression around him.

Head - Very good player when right, but he`s very rarely right and not a good fit at the Wests Tigers, flick him.

Morris - A reasonably good hooker, no good to us we have a dozen good hookers, just not much else. Surely one of the new Super League clubs could find use for him ?

Halatau - The most over rated player i`ve ever seen in my life. Does not know how to pass a football other than from dummy half and one of the worst arm grabbers to ever play first grade. He`s only of first grade standard as a hooker as he is a good dummy half runner, but he`s not gonna be our first choice and he`s on too much money to be a bench player. Get rid of him.

Fulton - Plenty of ability and always puts in defensively, but he`s obviously down on confidence as he just doesn`t seem to be able to find a way to do something usefull in attack. Then again our ball players wouldn`t exactly give you much confidence when running onto the ball either. I`d persist with him, but get someone to let him know, fire up in attack or look for another employer.

Heighington - He`s had a couple of sub standard games himself, but the big picture says he`s really the only bloke who can say that he`s had a good season thus far.

Harrison - I`ve always been a fan of his, but his defence is getting worse and he`s not running onto the ball with any venom. We don`t exactly have many damaging ball runners now that Te`o has gone, so we have to persist with him, but I fear his confidence is shot beyond repair ?

Te`o - Well he`s now gone, so really not much point in playing him in first grade for the rest of the season. Massive potential, but his whole attitude has been most disappointing.

Payne - Ihaven`t heard of anyone anywhere that has anything good to say about his footballing ability and that about sums it up.

Galea - thaught he`s was one of our more hard hitting defenders before his season ending injury. He`s contracted to us for next season and theer`s certainly far worse players than him running around in the NRL, but please don`t play him at prop, not a props backside.

Gibbs - Another who i`ve always been a fan of and thaught it would only be a matter of time before he lives up to his potential, but gee i`m running out of patience. Played like a scared cat last night and has done so far too regularly over the past couple of seasons.

Farah - obviously a very classy player when close to his best, but i believe he`s let his ego get in the way this season and has played like a reserve grader for most of it !

Galloway - a bit of a shining light this season. Pity that injury has restricted him as he was really starting to get confident and aggressive.

Payten - obviously we`ve missed him heaps. A real forward leader these days who certainly makes a difference when he`s playing, but what is the go with this injury he has, the time it`s taken for him to recover is beyond a joke.

Laurie - another who has been a real breath of fresh air for us. Plenty of potential, just a pity he`s so far had to play alongside of one of the softest forward packs in the games history !

Tandy and Metuisela - not given much of a go, but i`ve noticed a few supporters pushing their barrows, they are not first grade standard.

Trimarchi - similar to the above two mentioned, he hasn`t be given much of a go and his lack of size is no good to us whatsoever, but he has some ability.

Flanagan - a class act and will prove this next season once he is surrounded by some forwards that will have a go, similar to Te`o !!!
A fairly decent sum up there Vish and would have to agree with most of it. Just on Fulton, I honestly think he does his best in attack, because he runs some absolutely beautiful lines, but he's too small to do any damage! I was really hoping he'd develop more physically since 2005 but he just hasn't. As much as I think he still has potential I can't justify keeping him on past this year.

And whilst Halatau is fairly one dimensional, I wouldn't call him the most overrated EVER! That's a massive statement.

Farah started the season well, first two games were great but then suffered through injury since. Flanagan, well I don't see what you see in him, never been anything more than a back-up, might kick on elsewhere but he's clearly second best in this side and proved it with a very poor performance (again) Monday night.

For mine, Flanagan & Te'o shouldn't play again this year, why bother with them? I think there are better options and their heart doesn't appear to be in it this year.

Spank

Juniors
Most of what you say is accurate cept i completely disagree with Halatau, i think when he is selected in the correct position he is fantastic... but like most of the boys he has been used out of position all year.

I still cant get over Robbie being selected at halfback for this week, we have tried it multiple times and it never works... although he did do a decent job in the first half on Monday night... but why take the best dummy half in the league and play him out of position, i just dont get it. Then again this is the same team that wants Teo to start hahaha thats just laughable.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
If anyone deserves to be punted its Gibbs.

I've been hearing for four years that he'll "develop" into a top shelf prop. What garbage.

While I don't doubt his effort and his decent defence, he's too lazy at times, his hit ups lack venom and he doesn't have enough leg drive. He's also an idiot and loves giving away penalties.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Hodgo - been a great player for us, but he`s lost a yard of pace that made him so dangerous and IT WAS THE CORRECT DECISION to let him go. We need to find someone younger, hungrier and more electric !!

I disagree.

Next year when the opposition decides to put bombs up, everyone will be sh1tting their pants.

With Hodgo, you know that 99% of the time, he'll take it. He's safe as houses.

It's going to be a long year in 09.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gibbs first 2 games after his injury were his best ever. As it stands he's career is secure with us for a while as we are low on big men.

matty-ducati

Juniors

u off ur chops or what? halatau most over rated, he is showing form, one of the best onfield mon night, i dont rate him as a 9, put him in the centers thats where he will shine. Then in the same topic to give marshall half a wrap, please he aint showing sh*t, poor passing game, terrible decision making, and a no where kicking game... give urself a uppercut for this whole topic u goose

Vicious

Bench
u off ur chops or what? halatau most over rated, he is showing form, one of the best onfield mon night, i dont rate him as a 9, put him in the centers thats where he will shine. Then in the same topic to give marshall half a wrap, please he aint showing sh*t, poor passing game, terrible decision making, and a no where kicking game... give urself a uppercut for this whole topic u goose

Get rid of Benji and where will our points come from ???
And wait and see how Halatau goes in the centres this weekend, Beau Champion will make him look second rate. You are an imbocile MD !

Spank

Juniors
There is no way Beai Champion is a better centre then Kapow, i guess we will see on Sunday

scarcev

Juniors
And wait and see how Halatau goes in the centres this weekend, Beau Champion will make him look second rate. You are an imbocile MD !

at least if we get rid of Marshall we know where the opposition points wont come from. Halatau Im no wrap for but he's been far from our worst. I agree we have some many guys there with potential (Collis, Lawrence, Harrison, Gibbs), but potential doesnt win you footy games. Payne, Teo the sooner they go the better. Fulton could be an absolute star but he's giving away that one or two dumb penalties every week out of frustration atm. Trimarchi would go well at another club, I rate the bloke but you cant have too many small blokes (well except for us of course) and at a club with a decent sized pack he'd go well.

Aside from the obvious disagreement we have about Marshall I reckon its pretty spot on.

I disagree.

Next year when the opposition decides to put bombs up, everyone will be sh1tting their pants.

With Hodgo, you know that 99% of the time, he'll take it. He's safe as houses.

It's going to be a long year in 09.

Apparently, before the Storm game Gus Gould mentioned that the Tigers have conceded the least tries from bombs of all the teams.

Now, being cynical I would suggest that the opposition rarely need to kick because they've already scored before the 5th tackle, although credit should also be given to the back three for defusing the bombs on the rare occasions that they go up.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Apparently, before the Storm game Gus Gould mentioned that the Tigers have conceded the least tries from bombs of all the teams.

Now, being cynical I would suggest that the opposition rarely need to kick because they've already scored before the 5th tackle, although credit should also be given to the back three for defusing the bombs on the rare occasions that they go up.

I agree, though I'm surprised Tuiaki hasn't been targetted more considering he's shaky under the high ball.

But Hodgo 99% of the time will catch any bomb. Next year we won't have that luxury.

super_coach

First Grade
Look right through our playing roster, not many would make it into the good sides top 17. Players like Gibbs,Harrison,Ryan,junior Burger,Payne, Gelea are friinge FG at very best. Sheens and his team have put togther a very average playing roster for a lot of money. The broom is needed starting with the coach

joey007

Juniors
Most of what you say is accurate cept i completely disagree with Halatau, i think when he is selected in the correct position he is fantastic... but like most of the boys he has been used out of position all year.

I still cant get over Robbie being selected at halfback for this week, we have tried it multiple times and it never works... although he did do a decent job in the first half on Monday night... but why take the best dummy half in the league and play him out of position, i just dont get it. Then again this is the same team that wants Teo to start hahaha thats just laughable.

What he said! :thumb

Then in the same topic to give marshall half a wrap, please he aint showing sh*t, poor passing game, terrible decision making, and a no where kicking game... give urself a uppercut for this whole topic u goose

I don't think we should cut Marshall, just change how we use him. He tries to do everything, and he just isn't that type of player. Give him the ball once a set, twice at the maximum, and let him do his thing. Under no circumstances though should he kick a ball.

matty-ducati

Juniors

where would our points come from.... pfft plz how many points does he let in?!?! alot more then he gives us!!!! take him out of the team and put someone else in who DESERVES their spot. Mate the guy is sh*t, he has no form, he isnt playing NRL footy its that simple. I dunno what game your watching, but f**k fans can see it, commentators can see it. Open ur eyes, or maybe ill have to watch the game again and put every min he f**ks up. Dont get me wrong i got heart for the guy, would love to see him in killer form, but he aint in form, and if it was any other player he would of been punted by now!

matty-ducati

Juniors
I don't think we should cut Marshall, just change how we use him. He tries to do everything, and he just isn't that type of player. Give him the ball once a set, twice at the maximum, and let him do his thing. Under no circumstances though should he kick a ball.

why shouldnt marshall be cut?? his defence is wofel at the best of times, he has let alot of soft breaks/trys happen, his attack has been patchy, kicking game has been disgraceful, and passing is absolute crap! teo was lazy in defence yet he was pulled off the field, yet he has scored more tries, sure marshall has the assists, but any half 5/8 should. wake upto urself benji lovers, the bloke has cost us more then he has won us, the sooner u all realise it the better, untill he hits form f**k him off too a lower grade, and dont give me the rubbish he costs us too much to play in a lower grade... more like costs us too much to sit on the sideline injured for long stints!

your a f**king clown Halatau the most overrated player you f**king idiot get off benjis dick u sad prick