What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Uele try assist

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
One of the most freakish plays I've ever seen from a bloke that size....Artie would've been proud of that. While we had high hopes for a lot of these other young blokes Uele has by far exceeded my expectations. Imagine seeing off Fifi only for that beast to come on.... and he's 22....Scary.

Last edited:

Jimmy O

Juniors
There is a lota love deserved to Uele. He’s playing well. Such a headache For j moz on selection in the next few weeks.

coolumsharkie

Referee
What about the disallowed try with williams interfering with no 17.

Fphark off.

Yes it was a crock but not outside the rules, as Williams did interfere with the defender (pushing him over) I've seen this so many times being awarded a try in similar circumstances, just hope they remain consistent.

sandshark

Bench

Fphark off.
Forgive me if I'm wrong, I do not have a PhD in disallowing tries but I believe it was called due to the defence having Uele "held" whilst standing followed by Williams proceeding to push no 17 which causes everyone to fall down resulting in Uele gaining the advantage and momentum to score a try.
I think it's all on the refs though, they should've seen that Uele was going nowhere and called it held up.

Anyways that's my 2 cents on the matter.

Last edited:

Card Shark

Immortal

Fphark off.

You can’t push your teammate over the line but it was a made up excuse not to give it, calling interference with 17.

Why didn’t he just say “no try, can’t push them across the line”.

I don’t think he gets there without the help but I would like to have seen!

Frenzy.

Immortal
One of the most freakish plays I've ever seen from a bloke that size....Artie would've been proud of that. While we had high hopes for a lot of these other young blokes Uele has by far exceeded my expectations. Imagine seeing off Fifi only for that beast to come on.... and he's 22....Scary.

Yep. I wasn’t a fan of his when he was running around for the Jets. Nor when he hit the NRL early. Seemed sluggish and lazy.

Now he’s got the pace of the game he has improved exponentially

Could be anything in 2 years.

Frenzy.

Immortal

Fphark off.
Yes it was a crock but not outside the rules, as Williams did interfere with the defender (pushing him over) I've seen this so many times being awarded a try in similar circumstances, just hope they remain consistent.
Forgive me if I'm wrong, I do not have a PhD in disallowing tries but I believe it was called due to the defence having Uele "held" whilst standing followed by Williams proceeding to push no 17 which causes everyone to fall down resulting in Uele gaining the advantage and momentum to score a try.
I think it's all on the refs though, they should've seen that Uele was going nowhere and called it held up.

Anyways that's my 2 cents on the matter.
You can’t push your teammate over the line but it was a made up excuse not to give it, calling interference with 17.

Why didn’t he just say “no try, can’t push them across the line”.

I don’t think he gets there without the help but I would like to have seen!

It was just the balancer for the miss when PJ knocked on from the kick.

Would have been a try 9/10 times despite the rule otherwise

dellul

Juniors
You can push your teammate over the line as long as you don't touch any defenders. Williams had a hand on a defender.

Jimmy O

Juniors
There is no headache. Feefs, Prior, Woodso & Uele all play.
Haha. Come coifs admit it, there is a headache. That bench is a lot shorter. I would have Uele no matter what.
However, Not to go off topic into team selections but in relation to our legendary new coach’s headache When/ if we have a full team in a few weeks Our bench will have one spot left after woods, Uele, graham/capes one starts. Who does he pick?
The beast Williams, razzle dazzle Xerri, brailey 2. Boogs, flano jr.
Who is the 4th?
I would prob drop one of the wingers but it is still a headache!

Quigs

Immortal
I remember when - was it Johnny Morris or old Robbo got pinged for the same thing with a disallowed try at Shark Park.

Was down at the northern end.

I think it’s B1 or B2 to miss. Gotta be an 80 min hooker. Stick n pick. Especially with so much awesome in the pack & Capes/Briton/Wado/Moyza/Duges offering so much versatility coverage for reshuffling the backline. Sorry FJ (and I totally rate FJ btw)

jc155776

Coach
It wasn’t the skill that impressed me as much as the heads up play to see a knock on and not just go and slap someone’s back but jump on the ball and take advantage of a fractured defensive line.

When JTbwould play any drop ball he’d dive on, if only to kill the play. Or would be looking to play the whistle etc.

I f**king hate seeing players on defence force a knock on and then just stand around and take the scrum, it’s the perfect time to counter or get a quick play the ball with the opposition not set in defence.

Seeing so many ‘smarter’ football plays this year. The real 1%er type plays. Gotta be coach induced.