What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Ultimate Test of Fan Loyalty: Name your price.

Mr Saab

Referee
Red and Blue Knight said:
f**king bullsh*t artists, the lot of you. If Kerry Packer said here's $20,000 for you if you don't watch or have anything to do with your team for a year you would all take it no questions asked. :lol:

20k no
500k minimum yes.

RABK

Referee
Yeh ok Saab and Scotty unless you're both sitting on multi million dollar property portfolios and in executive positions then i might believe you.

$20,000 is 4 months tax free pay for the average Australian, 99% of people would take it as financial success is a lot more important then football. I still maintain that if someone waved $20,000 for that deal you'd both take it.

Dutchy

Immortal
multi-million no...

160k inheritance - yes

Plus I work part time and studying a teaching degree....Im fine..I dont need any more

Mr Saab

Referee
20k wouldnt last 10 minutes.
What would you do with it? Seriously? Spend it on a car? Invest it in shares? Term Deposit? Super? 20k is F all.
100k plus (500k for me) then i would seriously consider it.

RABK

Referee
I stand to recieve 1.5 million when my mother sells her 12 million dollar 25 acre property at Shoalhaven Heads on the NSW south Coast - i'm set up quite well financially myself.

But $20,000 tax free - easiest $20,000 i'd ever earn.

RABK

Referee
20k ain't f**k all, That's a deposit on a home for a lot of families. Buy shares - Could turn $20,000 into $100,000 if you know what you're doing.

Dutchy

Immortal
Well I have to say is that my idea of being Financially safe is a lot less money than others would be considered safe. I dont go spending my money on crap, I still drive a 96 Falcon insteading of going out and buying a new commodore like most would.
I'll leave it at that.

Mr Saab

Referee
Yeah it is, but i wouldnt stop watching league for one yr for 20k.
20k is nothing in todays economical climate.
Sure, you can buy a great home entertainment package...or go overseas for 5-6 weeks, but then what?

Mr Saab said:
Yeah it is, but i wouldnt stop watching league for one yr for 20k.
20k is nothing in todays economical climate.
Sure, you can buy a great home entertainment package...or go overseas for 5-6 weeks, but then what?

maybe pay your bills for a few months considering u did jack sh*t to earn the money?

RABK

Referee
Meh - i'll respect your decision and if true admire your ability to turn down a $20,000 tax free gift. :)

BlaC_WIte_"N"_BlUE said:
pfffft are you for real? That thread at least has substance this doesn't. No offence we all make bad ones from time to time others just make more bad threads :lol:

atleast u have humour :lol:

$20,000 tax free for someone renting a unit at say $250 p/w is around about a year and a half free rent, tell a single parent with kids if that money isn't sh*t, sorry, but when so many people struggle these days, your argument doesn't stack up

Mr Saab

Referee
Telling the truth. I would not accept 20k to not watch NRL for an entire season.
And i am not a single parent with kids.
I am not mocking those that would take it....everyones financial position is different

500k i definately would

innsaneink

Referee
Mr Saab said:
Telling the truth. I would not accept 20k to not watch NRL for an entire season.
And i am not a single parent with kids.
I am not mocking those that would take it....everyones financial position is different

500k i definately would

That aint the deal, you must support your most hated club, watch em, buy merch etc...who's ur most hated opponent chuck?

_Johnsy

Referee
- nothing, no money could compensate
- nothing, no money could compensate
- 50k a week.
- 100k a week.
- do you have access to fort knox ?

Knightmare

Coach
The Lucky State said:
Lets see how loyal fans really are. Be honest when answering these questions. How much money would it take for you to do the following.

- Not watch one minute of your team for the whole of next season.
- Not be able to read about your team, talk about your or team or know anything about their results.
- You must follow the progress of your least favourite team. Reading articles every week, watching every game of theirs (unless your team is involved) and talking nightly about them on league unlimited. 300 words of posts per day about them.
- You must attend all their games and some team functions.
- You must tell other people you now support them and buy team memorabilia.

So how much would you want to be paid to do this for a year? What about 2 years? What about 5 years? A lot of fans think players shouldn’t change clubs if they are not going to make at least 50 grand more. But wouldn’t a lot of fans do the above for well under 10 grand? Lets hear it.

1. $300, 000.86c

2. $846,000. 69c

3. Lifetime supply of free fuel

4. Lifetime supply of free fuel and $846,000. 69c

5. Give me Ruprt Murdoch's head on a plate with his bank details and we'll talk...

Latest posts