What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Walking Dead

Incorrect

Coach
@Rhino_NQ will be happy at least with some of the finale...

I LOL'd for real when that tiger came from nowhere and started chowing down on that dude just as Negan was about to go all Al Capone/Robert De Niro with the baseball bat on "Coral". Hilarious!

Last edited:

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
As soon as I saw Abraham I knew it would be rubbish. Although I thought it was a flashback at the start I was still right. We've been going at snail pace the entire time and now it's the finale. I know let's slow it down even more and bring back a character for even more filler instead of something actually happening.

DlEHARD

Juniors
You people are quitters!

Although the arty Maggie and Sasha scenes were overdone. Rick looks like a dumbass for trusting the nutters from the junkyard, Negans dialogue after the switch was hilarious.

I'm just trying to suspend my disbelief on the Tiger.

I expected Michonne to be a better fighter, guess not without the sword ey. And took her long enough to remember about her sniper buddy.

Great to see Carol kick ass and Gabriel is a war machine now.

The awful story and boring characters aren't even the biggest problem. The way the episode kept jumping forward and not showing how characters got in situations was terrible. How did Coral get taken alive? How did Rick get grabbed by the bitch with the shit haircut after she kicked him off the fence? Just lazy shit writing

Generalzod

Immortal
http://screenrant.com/walking-dead-season-7-finale-ratings/

The season 7 finale of The Walking Dead aired on Sunday (April 2nd) and saw a drop-off in ratings from seasons past, even while bringing the first chapter of the Negan arc to a tense close. The episode saw Alexandria attempt to rebel against the Saviors, with Negan’s group arriving to make a display of dominance against Rick’s survivors. Having lost the loyalty of the Junkyard community, Rick and co. looked to be in a tight spot until the forces of the Hilltop and Kingdom arrived to save the day. As a result, ‘The First Day of the Rest of Your Life‘ acted as a set-up installment leading into next season’s All Out War arc.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
The awful story and boring characters aren't even the biggest problem. The way the episode kept jumping forward and not showing how characters got in situations was terrible. How did Coral get taken alive? How did Rick get grabbed by the bitch with the shit haircut after she kicked him off the fence? Just lazy shit writing

Not showing Sasha charging into Negan's compound was shit, not showing Rosita/Dwight interacting before the others got back was shit.

Not showing Rick being captured after he was shot and then shoved off a wall however really doesn't take a lot of thought. TWD is slow enough as it is without filling in blanks that don't need to be filled.

Not showing Sasha charging into Negan's compound was shit, not showing Rosita/Dwight interacting before the others got back was shit.

Not showing Rick being captured after he was shot and then shoved off a wall however really doesn't take a lot of thought. TWD is slow enough as it is without filling in blanks that don't need to be filled.
I would agree if the season finale was offering something more than some dumb action but since it didn't I want to see that action play out.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
I would agree if the season finale was offering something more than some dumb action but since it didn't I want to see that action play out.

Which is fine, but that's a personal preference, not better or worse than what was shown, just different. This particular instance has little to do with show quality or lazy writing.

For me it didn't bother me one bit. They showed Rick being shot and kicked off a wall. To me that was there to show him getting incapacitated. From there there's only really 2 scenarios. 1) He gets winded/knocked out long enough to be grabbed by crazy junk chick or the more likely 2) Alexandria was vastly outnumbered, so others could have held Rick at gunpoint until she climbed down.

If some want to see that all good, I was quite fine without it.

Besides, with a multi cam set up it wouldn't surprise me if a lot of what you're not liking comes down to getting cut in the edit rather than not being in the script to begin with. That action scene alone probably could have covered the whole ep with all the footage they probably shot but ended up cutting. Alot of these jumps that bother you would ,more likely be a result of the edit and time saving than anything else.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Watched the finale. First episode I've watched since the last finale. The problem I had was that I understood everything that was happening. I hadn't watched any of the preceding 15 episodes and apart from coming into this thread occasionally I had cut myself from the show. Yet it made no difference, as nothing had happened in those 15 episodes. The trash people were the only thing that confused me, like who are they, but it took 10 seconds to realise they were double crossers. Imagine going from one season finally of GOT to another. There's no chance you'd understand anything going on.
The episode it's self was lol worthy. All the action looked like amateur cos players in a home made movie, of course the main characters where in gun fights with enemies with automatic weapons, out in the open, seperated by a few metres yet no main character was killed in the gun fights. The next season promises 'all out war' (don't understand why they couldn't do it this season) but if it's going to be as bad as that then I don't think many will watch.
Negan is annoying. Why not just kill rick. Even when the ambush comes how hard is it to just put 2 bullets in rick and corals head before fleeing.

The worst think about the show is something I read in a review. The show has so much undeserved sentimentality. Why else would am a episode focus on a character like tara. Or so much time devoted to sasha and Abraham when they were only rooting each other for 5 minutes. It's a b grade show yet it thinks it's something like the wire or sopranos. Take Glenn for instant, the producers and fans make out like he was some legendary character, yet I can't remember many any standout moments from him in his 6 seasons on the show.

DlEHARD

Juniors
Watched the finale. First episode I've watched since the last finale. The problem I had was that I understood everything that was happening. I hadn't watched any of the preceding 15 episodes and apart from coming into this thread occasionally I had cut myself from the show. Yet it made no difference, as nothing had happened in those 15 episodes. The trash people were the only thing that confused me, like who are they, but it took 10 seconds to realise they were double crossers. Imagine going from one season finally of GOT to another. There's no chance you'd understand anything going on.

An excellent point and largely true.

Incorrect

Coach
Take Glenn for instant, the producers and fans make out like he was some legendary character, yet I can't remember many any standout moments from him in his 6 seasons on the show.
My favourite Glen moment...

39A6C24C00000578-3865568-image-a-76_1477285423506.jpg