What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

the warriors give away

El Duque said:
Go here and you'll find out what's not allowed http://www.lawlink.nsw.gov.au/adb.nsf/pages/complainform

NSW Anti-Discrimination Board said:
The Board can only help you if the treatment you're complaining about happened in certain areas of public life. These areas are:

employment
goods and services
education
accommodation
registered clubs.

El Duque, just wondering under which of those you have been discriminated against?

I had a spare ticket to the last test GB v AUS match but I gave it to an English mate because I thought there should be more Lions fans there. Please don't sue me. 8)

El Diablo

Post Whore
Dean Moriarty said:
El Duque said:
Go here and you'll find out what's not allowed http://www.lawlink.nsw.gov.au/adb.nsf/pages/complainform

NSW Anti-Discrimination Board said:
The Board can only help you if the treatment you're complaining about happened in certain areas of public life. These areas are:

employment
goods and services
education
accommodation
registered clubs.

El Duque, just wondering under which of those you have been discriminated against?

I had a spare ticket to the last test GB v AUS match but I gave it to an English mate because I thought there should be more Lions fans there. Please don't sue me. 8)

I haven't been discriminated against. I'm not going.

I believe it would co,e under goods and services. Not sure though. I do remember being told last year that it was wrong though when I rang the anti discrimination mob.

Canterbury

Juniors
Question: In England, France & New Zeland do they play aussie rules?

To my knowledge they don't.

b'cause Our code in England goes alright... and while Soccer will always be #1 there Internationally, people appreciate the elite sport of League. and rightly so.

Obviously no other country will ever be able to touch australia in league for at least another 20 years, but they appreciate what they've got and a decent amount of interest is generated into the Super League over there.

International rugby league is definately where it's at. Start investing gallop and co.

El Diablo

Post Whore
SpaceMonkey said:
El Duque said:
Grantwhy said:
El Duque said:
The government can't do sh*t about it because Eric Watson is a private individual and he can give the tiickets to whoever he damn well wants to. And nobody cares but you anyway.

That's what you think. Private individuals own Night Clubs and I suppose you'd think it was legit if Aussies got in for free and Kiwis had to pay :roll:

syphon

Juniors
and i just bought 10,000 tickets and decided i will only give them out to white people :roll:

El Diablo

Post Whore
syphon said:
and i just bought 10,000 tickets and decided i will only give them out to white people :roll:

According to Spacemonkey's logic the Grand Wizard of the KKK could do that and it would be sweet. :roll:

Grantwhy

Juniors
El Duque said:
SpaceMonkey said:
El Duque said:
Grantwhy said:
El Duque said:
The government can't do sh*t about it because Eric Watson is a private individual and he can give the tiickets to whoever he damn well wants to. And nobody cares but you anyway.

That's what you think. Private individuals own Night Clubs and I suppose you'd think it was legit if Aussies got in for free and Kiwis had to pay :roll:

but it's ok for them to let women in for free but the guys have to pay to get in?

El Diablo

Post Whore
Grantwhy said:
El Duque said:
SpaceMonkey said:
El Duque said:
Grantwhy said:
El Duque said:

but it's ok for them to let women in for free but the guys have to pay to get in?

I gabve you a link before. They have a phone number on their site. RING THEM.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
It's not about race anyway, given that people of all races can hold NZ passports. Get over it.

Also I'd have no problem if the situation was reversed, for example if Mundine fought in Auckland and gave out free tickets to his fight to Aussies.

Syphon, I think the petrol fumes are getting to you.

El Diablo

Post Whore
SpaceMonkey said:
It's not about race anyway, given that people of all races can hold NZ passports. Get over it.

Also I'd have no problem if the situation was reversed, for example if Mundine fought in Auckland and gave out free tickets to his fight to Aussies.

I have no real issues otherwise I'd file a complaint.

If I lived in Sydney and was a Raiders fan and saw Kiwi Raiders fans getting freebies I'd have an issue though.

I'd also hate to be an Aussie Warriors fan who forked out money to go to their games when they played here.

syphon

Juniors
SpaceMonkey said:

so it'd be ok for an employer to only take new zealand based applicants basically because it is his company and he can do what he likes?

i think you've been hitting the fumes pal.

Moffo

Referee
El, the distinguishing feature of this is that Eric Watson is a private individual. He purchased the tickets off his own back, he can distribute how he wants. If that involves the segregation of the community, then so be it.

If i bought tickets, i could give them to whoever i wanted to do. If i had 10 tickets to a nightclub and said that you had to be blonde and blue eyes to get one, then i fail to see how a breach of discrimination could ever be bought against me and successfully won. It's a private choice. For instance, once tickets are sold, people are allowed to sell them on to other people, as long as the price isn't increased. Thats another example of the choices that a person has once they purchase the tickets

Cheers,
Moffo

El Diablo

Post Whore
Moff, when they did the same thing last year I rang the anti discrmination mob out of curiosity. I told them what the scenario was and the person on the phone seemed to think it was wrong.

Moffo

Referee
El Duque said:
Moff, when they did the same thing last year I rang the anti discrmination mob out of curiosity. I told them what the scenario was and the person on the phone seemed to think it was wrong.

Fair enough mate, id like to know what their justification was though

Cheers,
Moffo

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Moffo said:
El Duque said:

Cheers,
Moffo
They were probably an Eels fan.

El Diablo

Post Whore
SpaceMonkey said:
Moffo said:
El Duque said:

Cheers,
Moffo
They were probably an Eels fan.

Which would make them highly intelligent.

Canterbury said:
Question: In England, France & New Zeland do they play aussie rules?

To my knowledge they don't.

England, a little bit, mostly expats. NZ a little bit. France, no.

The only places outside Oz that have decent numbers playing Aussie Rules are PNG and the USA.