What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Warriors

Warrior@Heart

Juniors
Nope, that's Shaun Metcalfe who isn't really that good anyway which is why they'd rather play backrowers and hookers in the centres. Shaun Johnson toyota cup winning halfback.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Nope, that's Shaun Metcalfe who isn't really that good anyway which is why they'd rather play backrowers and hookers in the centres. Shaun Johnson toyota cup winning halfback.

Ahh my bad. Good win yesterday away from home by the Wazzas, they can certainly make the top 4

franklin2323

Immortal
The start of the year I actually chucked $20 on a Warriors/Titans double (warriors 1st/Titans last). The next few weeks they won't be hampered by origin was my reasoning. Whether they win the whole thing is the question but should they finish top 2. A NZ premlin would make them almost unbeatable you would think

Meth

Staff member
Much is made of the Warriors' away record; Mt Smart has been less of a fortress in previous years, and I think we have acclimatized to playing away a bit more. This year, our away record is 4 from 6 (admittedly one of those games was the Sharks' 'home game' in Taupo). Our recent away wins v Melbourne, Gold Coast and Newcastle have been very heartening

shiznit

Coach
No not quite. In 2002 the Warriors played the prelim in Homebush.
No not quite. the home final guidelines hes talking about weren't around in 2002.

this was the venue info from 2010...

from: http://www.nrl.com/nrlhome/grandfinalticketinformation/tabid/10894/default.aspx

2010 Finals Series Venue Information

Week One: Qualifying Finals
The highest qualifying teams after 26 Rounds will host each match at their normal home venue.

* Home venues subject to NRL approval as suitable to host a Final

Week Two: Semi Finals
The highest qualifying teams (after re-ranking following week 1 results) in each match (winners 3 & 4) will host in their home city.

The following home City venues may qualify to host a Final in Week 2:

New South Wales / ACT:
Sydney: Sydney Football Stadium, ANZ Stadium
Canberra: Canberra Stadium
Newcastle: Energy Australia Stadium

Queensland:
Brisbane: Suncorp Stadium
Gold Coast: Skilled Park
Townsville: Dairy Farmers Stadium

Victoria:
Melbourne: Etihad Stadium, MCG

New Zealand:
Auckland: Mt Smart Stadium

* A decision on which days both Finals will be played will be made following the completion of Week 1

Week Three: Preliminary Finals
The highest qualifying teams (after re-ranking following week 1 results) in each match (winners 1 & 2) will host in their home Region.

The following Regions and venues may qualify to host a Final in Week 3:

New South Wales/ACT:
All Teams: Sydney Football Stadium, ANZ Stadium

Queensland:
South East Queensland Region: Suncorp Stadium
North Queensland Region: Dairy Farmers Stadium

Victoria:
Melbourne: Etihad Stadium, MCG

New Zealand:
Auckland: Mt Smart Stadium

* A decision on which days both Finals will be played will be made following the completion of Week 2

So if the Warriors get a Prelim final it will be held at Mt Smart.

flippikat

Bench
No not quite. the home final guidelines hes talking about weren't around in 2002.

this was the venue info from 2010...

from: http://www.nrl.com/nrlhome/grandfinalticketinformation/tabid/10894/default.aspx

So if the Warriors get a Prelim final it will be held at Mt Smart.

I have a feeling however that if the Warriors get as far as a home preliminary final - they'd be tempted to move it to Eden Park (higher capacity).

Of course, that depends on what commitments Eden Park has - this year it will be tied-up with the Rugby World Cup so the Warriors will have to stay with Mt Smart.

In a usual year, September is right in the middle of the NPC rugby championship - but with a little give-and-take it may be feasible to switch to Eden Park.. even for an earlier playoff game.

Iafeta

Referee
They beat an average team, who cares. They're not contenders, they're going to run into an inform Souths next week, we'll put them in their place (no better than mid table) as we continue our climb up the ladder.

How'd that go for you chump?

Panther_Daz

Staff member
A bit of a selfish bump :D

Thought they were geniune contenders, at the time i couldn't predict the slide of the Dragons though.

From the punting thread...
POSTED BY ME
Had a few quinellas for the GF,last Monday.
Boxed Warriors,Tigs,dragons,Canberra.
Plus had two saving bets .Warriors V Souths & Warriors V Melbourne.

Am very confident that the Warriors will be in the Gf this yr.
Outlaid $300 ,my biggest return is A Canb V Warriors GF...had $40 on at $141.
Within a Week its come into $101

Mate i was very impressed with them last yr..They have learnt to win away from home,They have learnt how to tough out a win(Sadly lacking in those two departments till 2010).They also played a large chunk of the season without their Two international props(price & Rapira.)& the younger forwards really impressed me.

They have bought well for this yr & the players coming through from the Toyota cup look very promising.
Plus SOO doesnt affect them .
I just think if they keep improving on last yr they are a real chance.

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=375311