What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Warriors

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Sure did.

He was ok playing hooker but when they moved him to centre he was rag-dolled. The guy is too small and bit past it now.

Today he had a shocker that led to 10 points.

Certainly didn't deserve to start.

Disagree, thought he was one of our best before he got injured. Agree that he had a shocker today and ideally I think he is an interchange hooker but I think he will be do fine at centre if required. First game back from injury and probably a bit weary of his hand.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
So instead of arrogantly standing for too much, like the roosters, they stand for nothing at all.

And technically, they are the "Vodafone Warriors". Vodafone is even on their logo, which is just bloody embarassing.

You're just bitter because Eric Watson gave Sir Rusty a whipping all those years back. :mrgreen:

The Warriors. As soon as I hear that I know they're from New Zealand and I know they're based in Auckland. No f**ker has to connect the dots for me.

Last edited:

ANTiLAG

First Grade
So instead of arrogantly standing for too much, like the roosters, they stand for nothing at all.

And technically, they are the "Vodafone Warriors". Vodafone is even on their logo, which is just bloody embarassing.

Your club is owned by an arrogant phone throwing New Zealander that New Zealand DOES NOT want to lay claim too. Have him. He's all yours. He stands for the Bunnies, he stands for nothing at all. He could be more embarassing than the Bunnies record for the last 30 years.

Vic Mackey

Referee
havent read the thread but i agree

james maloney is the most under rated player in the comp by a mile

if he played for a sydney team he would be playing origin imo

BunniesMan

Immortal
Your club is owned by an arrogant phone throwing New Zealander that New Zealand DOES NOT want to lay claim too. Have him. He's all yours. He stands for the Bunnies, he stands for nothing at all. He could be more embarassing than the Bunnies record for the last 30 years.
His name isn't on our logo and we're not called the "Russell Rabbitohs". Which is the case with the Warriors. Massive difference.

Cliffhanger

Coach
Warriors are too erratic.

I'd tip them for a top 4 finish, but don't think they are capable of winning a comp.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
i hate to say it, but ropati will score us more tries than he'll concede. a lot of the hate is based on the 5/8 experiment five years ago.

we're a better chance next year. the spine is going to be brilliant next year:

1. fisiiahi/locke
6. maloney (who is going to win a premiership somewhere, and should be playing origin)
7.shaun johnson/pita godinet/brett seymour - seymour only counted because he's not a speedbump in defence
9. friend/mara

actually not terrible.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
A tough team to beat on their day but I don't think they have what it takes to go all the way.

A bit off topic but I still don't understand how a team called the 'New Zealand' Warriors is in the NRL. A whole country vs a suburb of sydney like Cronulla as an e.g.

Oh well...

because it's an advertising gimmick. it's auckland.

if you somehow think otherwise you're an idiot.

ToiletDuck

Juniors
Look to be hitting a similar sort of run to previous seasons, albeit earlier in the season.

Not top 4 material, but should be pushing for 5th or 6th. Mateo creating from the backrow is a massive plus however lack of halves and a standout hooker will hurt us come finals.

And Braybrook/Belcher are awful. I'm not a fan of Jnr Pearce but I'd take him in a heartbeat over Belcher.

Defence from both teams was U20s quality.

Terrible call. Most ov the Knights breaks came down the Warriors left edge where Berrigan was defending with one hand (injury). Warriors shut them out for the whole 2nd half despite defending their line for 5-6 sets in a row.

Warriors wouldn't be too hard done losing a couple ov games in a row sometime soon, just to get Seymour on the chopping block. He's useless, bring in John or Son. My only other gripe would be long kicking game, which must be the worst in the league.

However, Kevin Locke = Kiwi Slater. Should've been at the back a loooooong time ago.

Warrior@Heart

Juniors
Dragons, Storm & Broncos are probably the form sides of the comp. After that Manly, Dogs, Cowboys & The Warriors are about even. Cowboys and Dogs will probably take a hit around origin so top 4 could come down to us & Manly. But I don't think we can win the comp with Seymour, hopefully Shaun Johnson gets a shot soon.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Dragons, Storm & Broncos are probably the form sides of the comp. After that Manly, Dogs, Cowboys & The Warriors are about even. Cowboys and Dogs will probably take a hit around origin so top 4 could come down to us & Manly. But I don't think we can win the comp with Seymour, hopefully Shaun Johnson gets a shot soon.

Is that the controversial signing?