What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Washup

Since 73

First Grade
  • Stop the ride I want to get off.
  • There's 80 minutes of my life wasted watching that. How do I go about getting it back? Contact the club perhaps.
  • However, I have been converted to Flano's cause - the identification of our need for a wingers. That was where the game was lost today without a doubt.

Quigs

Immortal
I am one up of you '73' well 38 minutes up on you at least.

I was watching that sh!t on Mr Fox at the local hotel.

I was gutted watching our tryline defence - well lack of it in the frist half. I said to my souffs mate, that him and I could work a move and stroll through those gaps whilst showing our birth certificates and score tries.

Well two minutes after the resumption was enough for me. Toups dropping the ball second tackle then whoever spilling it 2nd tackle from a scrum.... I was out of there.

I couldn't sit through another half of that sh!t.

I drove home and watched the arts shows on ABC till the Pennies game came on.

That was soul breaking stuff today.

I think the side has no heart left now... and sh!t like Fergo's crap is having the outcome I was watching today.

Hate to see the score if we were up against a top side today.

It's going to be a long run home to September.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

Weaponhead

Coach
Newcastle are a terrible side and we still should have been lapped. That was an awful display today. The progress that was made a few weeks ago is gone again.

Zero organisation and zero footy nous. It gets said over and over that we just have a dumb footy side. Players don't know where to run and don't communicate.

Ricky Stuart needs to go now so we can start planning for next year. This gives Flanagan a head start in some real action to begin to get his philosophies across to the players. Leaving Stuart in charge to keep dishing up that crap is beyond moronic. But as any long time Sharks supporter knows, waiting for the club to show leadership is a bloody long wait. With no CEO in place who is going to make the decision?

Sharkelicious

Juniors
I think the side has no heart left now... and sh!t like Fergo's crap is having the outcome I was watching today.

Quigs, I could not agree with you more mate.

But what annoys me more than the fact you have just highlighted is the fact that the Sharks board and coach will not do a god damn thing to change it.

It is time for Ricky to either walk or be shown the door and let Flanagan take over now. Atleast that will give him time to bond with his players. FFS, he can't do a worse job that Ricky can he, well can he ??

roboshark

Coach
our club, from top to bottom would have to be one of, if not the most inept club in any sport in the country

imasharkie

Coach
Should ensure a bumper crowd for next weeks home game.....

The shire should protest with their "no show" at next weeks game.
Maybe our leaders will show some spine and politely remind Stuart that he has farked our club and our spirit.
Even as a longtime supporter I thought todays team play was pathetic and ruined my day.

roboshark

Coach
Maybe our leaders will show some spine and politely remind Stuart that he has farked our club and our spirit.
Even as a longtime supporter I thought todays team play was pathetic and ruined my day.

ruined your day ima...i spent almost $200 on stuff, sat in the rain, listened to dickhead knigts supporters all day....and then saw our useless bunch of park footballers dish up that sh*t...oh, and sat on the dry hill

Feej

First Grade
Problem with that Ima, is that eventually enough "no shows" spell the end of our club. Unfortunately I don't have much faith that we'll be there much longer anyway - It's almost like a death rattle.

They haven't ruined my day for a loooong time. I have no high hopes at the moment, so there's no disappointment when they roll over like today. Just resignation that we can't compete at this level at the moment.

Getting older helps too...... :)

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
I'm going to channel BTR here.....

Stickys doing a great f**king job you bunch of know nothing catastrophisers.

What? You want a performance that is up to at least reserve grade standard?

f**k sake. How many times do I have to tell you all - we don't have the operational budget of Melbourne & Manly and in fact we are about 17 million dollars ayear short of each of thise sides.

I'm happy to put up with this sh*t until the club no longer exists. All you farkwits who just want to feel good on Mondays aren't true supporters. Demanding aptitude. What the f**k are youse? Stinking Dragons supporetrs or something.

Ricky is the greatest, Ricky is the greatest,Ricky is the greatest,Ricky is the greatest,Ricky is the greatest,Ricky is the greatest,Ricky is the greatest,Ricky is the greatest,Ricky is the greatest,Ricky is the greatest,

Since 73

First Grade
I am one up of you '73' well 38 minutes up on you at least.

Unfortunately i'd just bought a beer Quigs.

Couldn't walk out on that.

interestingly enuff we played very good football from the 75th minute.
A couple of excellent sets with good hands, support and looked like a football team.

Why?

Well I reckon once we knew the game was over the pressure was off and the players relaxed.

The problem with this side singular - not plural.

That problem is mental.

They are screwed before the game and at crucial times during each game. What do we do when we're behind?...in front?... Can we score?....doubt...doubt...doubt.

For a guy like Tim Smith this it's ground hog day. He unravels as soon as the pressure starts.

When does the pressure start?
When the whistle blows.

And what causes a team to be screwed in the head?

The attitude at training and in the shed.

Who creates that attitude?

The coach.

roboshark

Coach
today again the sharks were out on the field warming up well after the knights had gone into the sheds..i have seen this so many times this year...i just dont get it

they went in and 5 mins later were back out for the kickoff

Ausguy

Coach
I'm going to channel BTR here.....

Stickys doing a great f**king job you bunch of know nothing catastrophisers.

What? You want a performance that is up to at least reserve grade standard?

f**k sake. How many times do I have to tell you all - we don't have the operational budget of Melbourne & Manly and in fact we are about 17 million dollars ayear short of each of thise sides.

I'm happy to put up with this sh*t until the club no longer exists. All you farkwits who just want to feel good on Mondays aren't true supporters. Demanding aptitude. What the f**k are youse? Stinking Dragons supporetrs or something.

Ricky is the greatest, Ricky is the greatest,Ricky is the greatest,Ricky is the greatest,Ricky is the greatest,Ricky is the greatest,Ricky is the greatest,Ricky is the greatest,Ricky is the greatest,Ricky is the greatest,

+1

Since 73

First Grade
And what causes a team to be screwed in the head?

The attitude at training and in the shed.

Who creates that attitude?

The coach.

Ben Elias raised a very good point a few weeks ago between origins 2 and 3.

He said when he sees the Qlders in camp they are always smiling, enjoying training, taking the piss and confident.
Whereas the Blues look the opposite.
Doubt, injuries, drama, looking pressured, always talking about going the biff, and so on.

He said Bellyache is probably the best NRL coach but the intensity he brings to the origin camp rubs off on the players.
Their best performance was the last game.

The series was over. Their fate was sealed and there was a large amount of pressure off.

Sticky's history at the Rorters is this:
A 5 million dollar team which went from the penthouse to the basement in a short number of years as players were burnt out by his intensity.
The most formidable side on paper in the comp were being beaten week after week in his last 2 years as they played like strangers.

Our best football today was reserved for when our fate was sealed.
After the Knights had finished us off.

This team does not enjoy football.
Not because they are losing.

They are losing becasue they don't enjoy football.

Latest posts