What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The West coast Sharks or Western Rabbits?

Sharks to Adelaide or Souths to Perth?

• Sharks to Adelaide

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Souths to Perth

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Both should go Interstate

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

woodyk2

First Grade
SA have a Rugby league competition with no NRL representation, In the super league we had a team.. From memory twas called Adelaide Rams? Joel Reddy was a SA junior.
Indeed it was the Rams.SA isn't mad on league whereas places like PNG are,they absolutely adore the game and have for yonks.Port Moresby sharks?

gyallop

Juniors
neither...everyone knows that game cantshouldnt sustain 9 clubs in sydney especially the clubs themselves. They and the Gold Coast battled to hang on till the new TV deal and they shit canned expansion so they could get get a share of the cash. Now they have it does any one think they are going to make a decision based on the good of the game instead of preservation of themselves?

They wont even think of meeting half way and copying the Qld Cup.

deadset dinosaurs ...die rather than evolve!!

Fire

First Grade
Merge Sharks and Rabbitohs and call them the Sharkitohs.

4 games in Perth
4 games in Adelaide
4 games in China

Ausguy

Coach
Bellyache strikes again. Or should I say Wayne Bennett. Or kmav.

Thread of the year.

Hurts so much they are now safe doesn't it.

Fire

First Grade
neither...everyone knows that game cantshouldnt sustain 9 clubs in sydney especially the clubs themselves. They and the Gold Coast battled to hang on till the new TV deal and they shit canned expansion so they could get get a share of the cash. Now they have it does any one think they are going to make a decision based on the good of the game instead of preservation of themselves?

They wont even think of meeting half way and copying the Qld Cup.

deadset dinosaurs ...die rather than evolve!!

Your post really is food for thought.

In my opinion Saints are safe for the next 50 years, but I wonder if there will still be nine Sydney clubs in 10-15 years. Maybe this is why we are seeing teams like the Dogs and Rabbitohs taking home games across the country.

Still, shit go, I don't want to see any club fold.

Clarke

Juniors
Games are being taken to other areas as part of the games strategic plan to play more games across more areas in what is finally starting to look like a real National Rugby League competition even if the teams locations aren't that way atm. The Strongest Sydney clubs like Canterbury, Souths (etc) are the ones that are leading the way in taking these games around Australia and they are the ones that will never leave their areas due to their strength in those areas for what would be a roll of the dice area. Only struggling clubs this will become an option to.

Good to have a laugh over it all and the subject of the OP though.

The Great Dane

First Grade
Your post really is food for thought.

In my opinion Saints are safe for the next 50 years, but I wonder if there will still be nine Sydney clubs in 10-15 years. Maybe this is why we are seeing teams like the Dogs and Rabbitohs taking home games across the country.

Still, shit go, I don't want to see any club fold.

If clubs do not relocate on their own eventuality the ARLC will be forced to relocate, merge or remove them, but it will take more then 10-15 years, a more realistic time frame would be 25-35 years.

Also I agree with your opinion, the Saints definitely have a larger time frame before they will be in danger. If it looks like Sydney teams might be forced to relocate, merge or worst of all fold the dragons can simply move to Wollongong full time and they will be safe.