What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Witcher 3

AlexBro

Juniors
Played the Witcher 3 in 2016.. the best rpg ever. Every quest presents the unique story and graphic is too cool to compare it with Skyrim.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
If i had to criticise the game they underestimated how much time people would spend in velen just fooling about. I am already over levelled and from this point on the game is a breeze even on the toughest levels.

Like im level ten in death march (so harder to level up) and ive not finished the main mission in velen which is level 6-7. Level 10 is the suggested level to start novigrad.

If anyone is a psychotic a fun attack is to hit mobs with dancing star and just stand there watching them scream in pain as they burn. I took out a drowner and waterhag with it and its pretty funny

OVP

Coach
Well I'm about level 19 now and still mucking around in Velen/Novagrad. I was supposed to sail to Skellige about 3-4 levels ago, but I'm having too much fun. Pretty much want to finish off the side quests/contracts, but I need to go to Skellige to get some ingredients for superior oils and bombs that I have the recipe for already and also to meet some master blacksmiths to craft some greater runes and signs. So tonight its off to Skellige I go to get some devourers blood...

i hope :) These side missions are so interesting, soooo I'm still in two minds about whether to go yet lol.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Well I'm about level 19 now and still mucking around in Velen/Novagrad. I was supposed to sail to Skellige about 3-4 levels ago, but I'm having too much fun. Pretty much want to finish off the side quests/contracts, but I need to go to Skellige to get some ingredients for superior oils and bombs that I have the recipe for already and also to meet some master blacksmiths to craft some greater runes and signs. So tonight its off to Skellige I go to get some devourers blood...

i hope :) These side missions are so interesting, soooo I'm still in two minds about whether to go yet lol.

Sounds like I’m pretty much where you are. I’m Level 19 however have gone to Skillege (haven’t done a huge amount there though).

I still have heaps to do in Velen aswell. The main story is kinda boring to me, the contracts, treasure hunts, secondary quests are much more fun.

Reactions: OVP

OVP

Coach
Sounds like I’m pretty much where you are. I’m Level 19 however have gone to Skillege (haven’t done a huge amount there though).

I still have heaps to do in Velen aswell. The main story is kinda boring to me, the contracts, treasure hunts, secondary quests are much more fun.

Yep that's it in a nutshell. I'm currently doing the mission that follows immediately after the Cabaret side mission you do for Dandelion. It's the sadistic religious freak serial killer one. Man it's just so good, about 100000 times better than the main questline it's not funny. Feeling very sorry for his/her victims though. Loving all the side quests much more than the main quest as well.

Vic Mackey

Referee
So Triss just left. I kissed her at the ball thing, told her to stay but then said I’ll miss her or something. Is she really gone? I didn’t even get to bang her..

OVP

Coach
So Triss just left. I kissed her at the ball thing, told her to stay but then said I’ll miss her or something. Is she really gone? I didn’t even get to bang her..

Well I banged all 3 so there is a way to bed her. That was a while ago for me so I can't remember what I said, but there is a run thru of all the options on the wiki for that mission. That tells you how.

I'm now level 31, got my superior cat armour and blades, and ready to finish off the main storyline. I'm styling in this new gear :D

Vic Mackey

Referee
Well I banged all 3 so there is a way to bed her. That was a while ago for me so I can't remember what I said, but there is a run thru of all the options on the wiki for that mission. That tells you how.

I'm now level 31, got my superior cat armour and blades, and ready to finish off the main storyline. I'm styling in this new gear :D

yeah cheers had a look and seems i have to tell her i love her. i think ill go back to a saved game, redo it, stop being a pussy and tell her. id just done the Yen thing on the mountain so believe it or not i felt guilty and wouldnt do it. if i cant cheat on my wife in real life i may aswell do it on here.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Went back, told Triss I loved her then banged her. Instantly regret it, bitch starts getting all needy and clingy immediately. Lucky Geraldts infertile cause she’d babytrap you in a flash.

OVP

Coach
I've banged Yen twice but I'm kind of hoping to sneak away with Triss for a while under her nose. Would be hilarious if she found out .... mmmm cat fight threesome :D

Pete Cash

Post Whore

The first feline armour is the best in the game from an aesthetic point of view. Geralt has been hitting the gym hard between witcher 2 and 3 so the feline armour is best for showing off his guns

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Also what style of combat do people use ?

I prefer alchemy and swords its quite overpowered by the end of the game. For example if I have to fight a large mob of bandits or what have you its the same strategy every time. Drink blizzard and Thunderbolt and group them together and hit them with dancing star and while they burn jump in and start swinging. Blizzards ability to slow down time means you can normally just cut a bloke down before he responds triggering another slow down until everyone is dead.

OVP

Coach
Also what style of combat do people use ?

I prefer alchemy and swords its quite overpowered by the end of the game. For example if I have to fight a large mob of bandits or what have you its the same strategy every time. Drink blizzard and Thunderbolt and group them together and hit them with dancing star and while they burn jump in and start swinging. Blizzards ability to slow down time means you can normally just cut a bloke down before he responds triggering another slow down until everyone is dead.

Pretty much use whatever blade oil is applicable + predominately a combo of aard and axxi for bandits (depends on my mood, either a group knockdown or take them out one by one), aard for draconids, flying f**kers and small creatures, quen + igni + northern wind for big buggers like elementals, trolls, gargoyles, golems etc. Yrden's magic trap for spectres, but Im starting to wonder if sustained glyphs is better as you can put down 2 circles at a time. And I don't really use a lot of bombs and only really when i need to, i prefer sword work to take down anything really.

Also i use thunderbolt + petri's filter for higher level monsters too. Tis a tad on the OP side those two together tho lol.

And since I just upgraded to mastercrafted cat armour (I though the superior looked better personally) and blades, nothing is much of a problem anymore lol. I've put mostly greater igni glyphs plus greater aard glyphs on all my armour, and greater dahzbog + triglav runes on my swords (fire+stun).

Last edited:

OVP

Coach
Hey guys, I finished the main questline last Sunday and have been playing the Heart of Stone DLC atm

Just a quick recommendation from you guys, should I play the DLC's one at a time or both simultaneously ?

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Hey guys, I finished the main questline last Sunday and have been playing the Heart of Stone DLC atm

Just a quick recommendation from you guys, should I play the DLC's one at a time or both simultaneously ?

Complete the main story of heart of stone first and then do blood and wine

Vic Mackey

Referee
So I’m up to the part where I have to recruit fighters to defend Kaer Morhen against the Wild Hunt. Am I getting close to the end of the main story? I still have a decent amount of contracts etc to do and wondering if I should stay on them for the time being?

So I’m up to the part where I have to recruit fighters to defend Kaer Morhen against the Wild Hunt. Am I getting close to the end of the main story? I still have a decent amount of contracts etc to do and wondering if I should stay on them for the time being?
Well getting close from memory BUT you've still got hearts of stone and blood and wine which is contracts included up to another 40 hours of Geraltyness before you have to say goodbye

I'm not sure any game character will ever be in line with Geralt.... he's such a boss

Vic Mackey

Referee
Well getting close from memory BUT you've still got hearts of stone and blood and wine which is contracts included up to another 40 hours of Geraltyness before you have to say goodbye

I'm not sure any game character will ever be in line with Geralt.... he's such a boss

Thanks mate. Ive got both expansions. Do those stories just continue on when I finish the main quest here?

Latest posts