What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The wolfman

Would D Williams be where he is if he didn't have a beard?

• yes, he's a great player who deserved all his rep jumpers

Votes: 10 11.5%
  • no, he's an imposter who gets picked because his beard makes him a cult hero

Votes: 77 88.5%

• Total voters

sass

Juniors
I think idris is too green this year ... his consistency and discipline is dodgy like woah (also the fact he's injured) but next year you never know. he should turn into an amazing footy player.

he's already going great guns in my fantasy team.

aqua_duck

Coach
I think idris is too green this year ... his consistency and discipline is dodgy like woah (also the fact he's injured) but next year you never know. he should turn into an amazing footy player.

he's already going great guns in my fantasy team.
thats what i mean give him a go next year in city country see what he can do and by then we would've had more 1st grade experience than Wolfy had coming into this series

Hanscholo

Bench
I think Williams deserved his selection. That isnt to say that he will ever be selected again or is up to that level of class. Some players come up to that class and some fall off, its not always easy to tell who will and wont. take watmough for example, the guy can hardly tackle at times for Manly, put him in a NSW jumper and you have one of the best performances in Origin history. Some people can get up for these things and some sh*t themselves...Williams definetly sh*t himself, several times.

no name

Coach
Wolfman will go down as the worst player to play TWO Origin games.
It usually only takes one game to weed out the pretenders ie. Steve Turner

Patsy

Juniors
maybe if jennings didn't creep in all night the wolfman wouldn't had to deal with jenning's centre opponent as well as his wing opponent

mxlegend99

Referee
So now the Manly supporters are trying to blame Jennings for Wolfman missing so many tackles? Michael Jennings was playing injured, and was on the wrong side of the field yet he still was more effective in defence then David Williams.

Michael Jennings:
9 tackles
2 missed tackles
3 one on one tackles

David Williams:
9 tackles
6 missed tackles
1 one on one tackle

David Williams kept coming in toward Michael Jennings in defence, possibly trying to help reduce an injured teammates workload... although that just left his wing open and he would have been better off standing out wide and doing his job. He wasn't that strong in Game 2 either, so you can't really blame his centre.

Pebbles

Juniors
BTW is it just me or the pople defending the hack are manly fans and chicks

Because female supports cannot have a coherent opinion when a hot player is involved? :crazy:

Leave the man alone. He’s young with realistically very little first grade experience. He is a decent player and needs more game time to iron out the kinks in his game. His inexperience was evident in his body language after each error he made. He was totally dejected and struggled to get past it.

I can’t believe he’s being savaged in such a way by blues supporters. Yes, he’s performances left a lot to be desired but why kick him while he’s down. Leave the grubby play to JT. :x

neeknitsuj

Juniors
He's not even good wth. There are so many wingers better than him eg. Brett Morris, Joel Monaghan even Nathan Merritt. He's useless. I'd rather have Robertson there actually.

Yosh

Coach
Anyone trying to defend David 'Wolfwoman' Williams is a dirty QLDer... I thought he was an alright winger but please its Origin you cannot play like that in ORIGIN!

I thought it couldnt get worse than Turner, who Inglis ran over while Turner lay on the ground to worship him... David Williams played twice as bad in twice as many games as Turner!

andrew057

First Grade
Wolfsped had another shocker. Has nothing to do with Jennings. Why he kept giving Inglis the sideline and getting burned time after time is beyond me. Thurstons boot mightve killed the last few remaining brain cells Wolfie had.

aqua_duck

Coach
maybe if jennings didn't creep in all night the wolfman wouldn't had to deal with jenning's centre opponent as well as his wing opponent
Maybe if Wolfhack didn't have hands like feet he wouldn't have gift wrapped QLD's 1st try, and maybe if Wolfman wasn't such a b!tch he wouldn't have got fended off 6 times by Inglis

aqua_duck

Coach
Because female supports cannot have a coherent opinion when a hot player is involved? :crazy:

Leave the man alone. He’s young with realistically very little first grade experience. He is a decent player and needs more game time to iron out the kinks in his game. His inexperience was evident in his body language after each error he made. He was totally dejected and struggled to get past it.

I can’t believe he’s being savaged in such a way by blues supporters. Yes, he’s performances left a lot to be desired but why kick him while he’s down. Leave the grubby play to JT. :x
He played scared all night, never ran with conviction, his defence was atrocious and don't even get me started on his hands. Truth is he never should've been picked, he was rubbish, not average, not mediocre, but rubbish. I don't know the guy persoanlly, he's probably a good bloke but its a sick joke he can make rep teams because he's got a fashionable beard and he has segments on the footy show. The D Williams circus cost NSW game 2 and almost cost NSW game 3.
BTW I didn't see any of you girls defending Steve Turner, Peter Wallace or James McManus when people were laying the boot in.

sass

Juniors
BTW I didn't see any of you girls defending Steve Turner, Peter Wallace or James McManus when people were laying the boot in.

I actually did defend mcmanus ... not that it was needed after he was injured.

and it the selectors were fooled just by a beard, then it's the public and the selectors who did it, not him. I find the whole wolfman schtick just embarassing more than anything.

aqua_duck

Coach
I actually did defend mcmanus ... not that it was needed after he was injured.

and it the selectors were fooled just by a beard, then it's the public and the selectors who did it, not him. I find the whole wolfman schtick just embarassing more than anything.
I'm not attacking him as a person, like I said he's probably a good bloke but I'm annoyed the fact our stupid selectors couldn't see past the beard.
I've never attacked D Williams the person, rather D Williams the pretender in the number 5 jersey

Latest posts