What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The words you hate in football

Murphdogg1

Juniors
I agree with salivor,

Some of the grammar sucks, especially from Daley, i mean hes a nice guy and was a great player but hes just got to sort out his english!

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Some of the grammar sucks, especially from Daley, i mean hes a nice guy and was a great player but hes just got to sort out his english!

There was a great example over the weekend, i just can't remember it!

"As we freeze it here on the Bundy Rum telestrator you'll see the winger has come off his wing. This allows space for the flick pass on to the winger and they are in in the corner as play continues"

bubs

Juniors
I HATE the following sayings.
1. "The team did not show up to play tonight." Really bothers me.
2. Sydney Roosters. Bothers all of Sydney.
3. St George Dragons. Bothers all of Southern Sydney.
4. Phil Gould. Bothers EVERYONE.

frank

Juniors
Andy Raymond seems to be on a crusade to break the world record for number of cliches spoken within 80 minutes.
His americanism drives me bonkers.
Show & Go, Shake & Bake, Reward Line, Strikes It & Likes It and Charity Stripe are not Rugby League terms.
Stick to boxing and basketball Andy.

While I'm at it, one of the NZ blokes has, rather disturbingly, started referring to defence as D.
I'm pretty sure it's Daryl Halligan. He must be stopped.

Still on Halligan, during a small biff session in Auckland a few weeks ago, I heard him tell the rest of the commentary team "Good stuff, that's how we used to play the game"

f**k me Daryl, did you ever even get dirty on a football field?

Billy Gunn

Juniors
I hate three works

1. Reported - ie xxxxxxx has signed for a reported $XXX per season.

IF YOU DON'T KNOW THE AMOUNT DON'T GUESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Salary Cap - any post on a forum site that has these two words in it's title - there are enough accountants in the world without every two headed freak who watches footy thinking that they are a qualified auditor

Billy

^ Pando

retired
I don't like the word "journeyman". Whoever taught Mark Geyer that word deserves an uppercut.

Never been happy with referees calling players by their first name or nic name.

Big-Steve

Juniors
Is it just me or does a thread asking what we hate seem negative OR is my criticism canceling my argument out. :?

I LIKE Expansion, 16th team, Central Coast Bears, tradition, foundation club.

If fact I LOVE it and can't wait for it :)

Davester

Juniors
I get a bit sick of hearing many players say "mate" too much in interviews, it must be a habit all players pick up saying...

ethos

Live Update Team
How the commentators on Nine (mainly Sterlo) say "for mine". For your what? #-o

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
While I'm at it, one of the NZ blokes has, rather disturbingly, started referring to defence as D.
I'm pretty sure it's Daryl Halligan. He must be stopped.

Peter Wopati.

[yelled]

"Jaason Costigaan"

"Tahu, Yahoo!!"

theVodkaCircle

Juniors
Pretty much anything Vautin says.

On referring to Lockyer "he gliiiiiiides across the field"

Those kiwi blokes on the radio are funny though. One Warriors game one of them came out with this classic.

"Hes spunding tun munutes un the sun bun"

I was on the floor. :D

NPK

Bench
In post-game interviews, whenever a player gets asks a question, the answer is often "Yea, for sure mate."