What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The words you hate in football

Kaz

junior
NPK said:
I hate it when commentators and journalists do the stupid plural thing:

eg. "The Webckes and the Lockyers and the Hunts"

How many Webckes are there?! :evil:

Well Webcke has a brother so has Lockyer & Hunt. :lol:

salivor

First Grade
I can't stand geniused commentators who have no grasp of the English language when it's the most important part of their job. For example "I can't believe what that player just done" or "He come up quickly out of the line" are two common ones. Daley in particular is a shocker, I always think I'm listening to a blind illiterate fool who if it wasn't for footy, his only hope would be to become a road worker.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
miketyson said:
After player X takes someones head off ...

"It's not his go usally" .. :roll:

I don't see how that makes sense - a lot of players are generally good sports who either have a short brain explosion, or they go in badly. You saying that implies that everyone who makes a high tackle or other foul play is a thug and deserves to be sent from the field. Make a note, mate, we all make mistakes.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
On the actual topic, a word in footy I hate is 'ruck' - 1 it sounds too much like 'f**k', and two, it's a really old term that has never really been explained, it's just a word that is always used.

Pantherjim.

Referee
For me it's "Loose head and feed"

- I mean, are we packing a scrum or filling a bong??!!

Pantherjim.

Campbell,P-4040201L.jpg

wogdog

Juniors
every time a player gets asked on his performance after the game they always say "full credit to the boys" every time

miccle

Bench
"we freeze play there, and you can see..."

"...and as play continues"... :roll:

"When you've got a big bloke inside of you, you tend to slide a little bit" :lol:

"Go the Blues"

whats with that? you never hear a queenslander say go the maroons, coz we have pride in our state. you only ever hear a nsw dude say go the blues coz they only love there footy team.

"Newcastle Knights"

unless the word "lost" is in the same sentence.

"Phil Gould"

what a joke of a man.

the_knights_rule

First Grade
"we freeze play there, and you can see..."

"...and as play continues"... :roll:

no its " as we freeze play here on the bundy rum telastrator you can see...
as play continues..." :roll:

arggh! its so annoying how sterlo says it every single time a try in scored!

Latest posts