What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Worst Bands In History

Generalzod

Immortal
That's about it for me, Atchung Baby is a great album, just as the years have gone by my dislike for Bono has grown and grown, i place him level with Chris Martin as absolute wankers.

I’ll be buying the 2 set vinyl version of Achtung baby this set includes the studio album and demos they release for its 25 th anniversary.
listen to this version of Who’s gonna ride your wild horses.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Their first album was quite good. After that just wimpy shit.

Paths to Glory I think it was called.

To Cut A long Story Short is a great song and was off Journeys To Glory but most people remember them mainly for True and Gold, don't get me wrong they are great songs but 1983 was just about the time where i started disliking the current music, i always think 1975-1982 is my favourite era. Gold and True just got done to death where i couldn't listen to them anymore and WS seems to still belt them to death ughhhh.

To Cut A long Story Short is a great song and was off Journeys To Glory but most people remember them mainly for True and Gold, don't get me wrong they are great songs but 1983 was just about the time where i started disliking the current music, i always think 1975-1982 is my favourite era. Gold and True just got done to death where i couldn't listen to them anymore and WS seems to still belt them to death ughhhh.
Journeys to Glory also had Musclebound and Paint Me Down, the latter having a nice funky feel about it.

Quite like those two songs.

Incorrect

Coach
Wolfmother have to be on the shortlist don't they?

And I would add Cold Chisel and basically anything with Jimmy Barnes on vocals is completely horrendous. It's an abomination that someone with that so called singing voice has been able to earn squillions of dollars, but maybe that's the punters fault for handing over their hard earned to listen to that audio assault and encourage him...

Being a first gen Aussie of Irish Immigrant parents and growing up in the 80's, it was more or less expected that I would be a proud flag waving U2 fanatic... But I bucked the trend, never could get in to them, always thought they were somewhat overrated. I'd sooner listen to Christy Moore or Planxty over Bono and Co....

How in hell did I forget the Ramones? Widely cited as the first punk band, nothing could be further from the truth. Formed in 1974.

Now there's MC5 (formed in 1964) and the Stooges (formed in 1967). Get that up ya Ramones, the band who sounds the same every song.

And you wonder why Iggy Pop is the Godfather of Punk.

How in hell did I forget the Ramones? Widely cited as the first punk band, nothing could be further from the truth. Formed in 1974.

Now there's MC5 (formed in 1964) and the Stooges (formed in 1967). Get that up ya Ramones, the band who sounds the same every song.

I saw Iggy a couple of times at the Big Day Out. You could tell he’s had a fun life despite singing about no fun. Still got a Stooges t-shirt.

Even before the 5, there were The Sonics, The Seeds, and Los Saicos from Peru.
All of them real proto types for the 70's punk theme. Really check them out, they're all over Youtube.
I did see The Ramones a few times, I wasn't a big fan but my mates were. They were pretty good fun live. I still didnt buy anything though.
I saw Iggy a couple of times at the Big Day Out. You could tell he’s had a fun life despite singing about no fun. Still got a Stooges t-shirt.
Saw the Igg-man in the 80's as well as those Stooges shows.
I've still got an original Raw f**king Power t-shirt in good condition. Just checked it out, its worth $400.

As far as the worst band in history goes, well thats all just subjective to ones own taste.
I've played i na lot of bands, still do, in one band we all changed instruments for the sake of nothing and actually promoted ourselves as "The Worst Band in the World". We played a gig at Newtown RSL, the fella promoting the show was a mate of ours and actually put that moniker on the poster about us, plus that we were from the US.......
So we started off in our terrible yank accents then half way through the gig just went f**k it and started talking normal. Mates of ours watched as this couple in front of them exclaimed loudly "they arent from America!" amd stormed out. Chalk one up for the little guy with some cheap shitty promo.
So we were the worst band in history. End of story. The Chinaskis.

Even before the 5, there were The Sonics, The Seeds, and Los Saicos from Peru.
All of them real proto types for the 70's punk theme. Really check them out, they're all over Youtube.
I did see The Ramones a few times, I wasn't a big fan but my mates were. They were pretty good fun live. I still didnt buy anything though.

Saw the Igg-man in the 80's as well as those Stooges shows.
I've still got an original Raw f**king Power t-shirt in good condition. Just checked it out, its worth $400.

As far as the worst band in history goes, well thats all just subjective to ones own taste.
I've played i na lot of bands, still do, in one band we all changed instruments for the sake of nothing and actually promoted ourselves as "The Worst Band in the World". We played a gig at Newtown RSL, the fella promoting the show was a mate of ours and actually put that moniker on the poster about us, plus that we were from the US.......
So we started off in our terrible yank accents then half way through the gig just went f**k it and started talking normal. Mates of ours watched as this couple in front of them exclaimed loudly "they arent from America!" amd stormed out. Chalk one up for the little guy with some cheap shitty promo.
So we were the worst band in history. End of story. The Chinaskis.
Just plain f**king hilarious! I love it!