What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The worst coach in the NRL is...

The worst coach in the NRL is...

• Total voters

Y2Eel

First Grade
Brian Smith. All those clubs and all those great teams with great players and he hasn't been able to go all the way.

I won't say he's the worst, but I will say he's the most underachieving.

I dont know about under achieving Look at the state of the clubs when he first arrives there? The eels in 96 had a terrible squad look what he had done with them... He has had his chances though...

Hagen on the other Hand Gifted 2 great teams and look what he has done with them...

Beez

Juniors
I'll take Brian Smith back over Hagan any day of the week.

Smith is the greatest coach not to win a premiership.

aqua_duck

Coach
It was 8 times in 10 years AD, quite impressive. Not to mention 2 minor premierships.
yeah sorry just realised mow that i did a typo with the 20. Its a pretty good achievement consdering he took over sides that were in a shambles...

Knightmare

Coach
It's making me laugh, remembering how all the Parra fans were telling us last year that we had a bum deal getting Smith and how Hagan would turn their club around because "He's won a premiership!"

Also interesting to note how non-existent the anti- Hagan bandwagon is in the News Ltd. press right now. :roll:

Patorick

Staff member
I dont know about under achieving Look at the state of the clubs when he first arrives there? The eels in 96 had a terrible squad look what he had done with them... He has had his chances though...

Hagen on the other Hand Gifted 2 great teams and look what he has done with them...

Er, Smith started with the Eels in 97, at which point they had Dymock, Jason Smith, Pay, McCracken, John Simon etc.

Can't say I disagree with you though in reards to Hagan.

Eelementary

Post Whore
It's making me laugh, remembering how all the Parra fans were telling us last year that we had a bum deal getting Smith and how Hagan would turn their club around because "He's won a premiership!"

Also interesting to note how non-existent the anti- Hagan bandwagon is in the News Ltd. press right now. :roll:

That's not true. Not all Parra fans were saying you got the raw end of the deal.

Chachi

Bench
No one can turn a team of talented free-flowing dynamic footballers into a bore-a-thon like Matty Elliott can.

His teams seem to win despite the one dimensional game plans. Penrith are 100% better when they trust their gut and throw the footy around. Not to mention many of his baffling selection policies.

It's a blessing in disguise that some of their veteran players have been injured so it forces him to put in the young fellas.

Panthers888

Juniors
No one can turn a team of talented free-flowing dynamic footballers into a bore-a-thon like Matty Elliott can.

His teams seem to win despite the one dimensional game plans. Penrith are 100% better when they trust their gut and throw the footy around. Not to mention many of his baffling selection policies.

It's a blessing in disguise that some of their veteran players have been injured so it forces him to put in the young fellas.

Amen.