What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Worst Day...Or the Best?

The Worst OR the Best?

• Worst

• Best

Results are only viewable after voting.

magpie_man

Juniors
I'll admit: I'm really cheesed-off about Tedesco. He's a star, there is no two ways about it. I really could have seen Cleary building the team around he and Brooks. C'est la vie.
Woods I'm less worried about and Moses can go take a long walk into the Red Sea as far as I'm concerned.
What gives me hope is that this potentially could send Cooper Cronk our way, especially with two of the other major contenders for his signature (Bulldogs and Eels) presumably out of the race.
Further to that, Easts and Canterbury are going to have to do some major offloading in order to squeeze these new signings under their respective salary caps - it bodes well for us to recruit well for 2018.
A fresh slate with Cleary at the helm is definitely something to be optimistic about.

age.s

First Grade
Came here to say it feels like what we went through in 2012/13. Cleary with a huge chunk of cash and some promising juniors can turn a squad around quicker than you'd think. Reckon you guys are in for a rough year or two, but you'll come out of it much stronger in the medium term.

magpie_man

Juniors
cmon mate be serious. im still expecting the roosters to sign sbw and the dogs to announce hayne

I'm really trying not to allow the cynisim to overtake me; it is a tough ask when looking at teams like Brisbane, Canterbury, and Easts though.
Parramatta have pulled a Parramatta by signing Moses though, deadset - they are probably the only club in the NRL as brain-dead as our mob.

Das Hassler

Bench
Hey Woody , just wondering how you came about your username ?
If it had anything to do with the bearded merkin ill be asking admin for a name change ;)

I know of a tigers tragic that named his dog after him.....That's gotta be worse than having a tattoo....you can get rid of those

I know of a tigers tragic that named his dog after him.....That's gotta be worse than having a tattoo....you can get rid of those

80ff30f22d8de576a3fec73793c80ca9.jpg

Tiger Ted

Bench
Why oh why couldn't you guys just resign Woods. Now I have to watch his useless ass take up 1M of our cap.
I don't get it.Woods isn't worthy of tying up Grahams or kasianos bootlaces yet rumour is they r shopping both around.

How the f**k woods would get a look in for a blues jersey beggars belief with the abundance of quality props like Vaughan Boyd Fifita Prior junior Paulo Ryan James.These 6 nsw props r light yrs ahead of the softcock woods .

Clifferd

Coach
Why oh why couldn't you guys just resign Woods. Now I have to watch his useless ass take up 1M of our cap.

Hehe. He might go well at the dogs tbh, playing behind a dominant forward pack. Just don't expect him to do the hard work, he's only good for the easy shit

Clifferd

Coach
I don't get it.Woods isn't worthy of tying up Grahams or kasianos bootlaces yet rumour is they r shopping both around.

How the f**k woods would get a look in for a blues jersey beggars belief with the abundance of quality props like Vaughan Boyd Fifita Prior junior Paulo Ryan James.These 6 nsw props r light yrs ahead of the softcock woods .

I don't even have Woods as top prop at the tigs. Ava and Sue shit all over woods in terms of impact & toughness & attitude. He will not be missed at all

WT Unity

Juniors
I'm really trying not to allow the cynisim to overtake me; it is a tough ask when looking at teams like Brisbane, Canterbury, and Easts though.
Parramatta have pulled a Parramatta by signing Moses though, deadset - they are probably the only club in the NRL as brain-dead as our mob.

I'll go out on a limb here and say (maybe with a healthy dose of wishful thinking) that our days of being run by a brain dead mob (our board) are over! There are plenty of posts on the forum that take a shot at the board and Marina Go - there are some right now on the post titled "Paul Crawley from the Telegraph" but there is some pretty strong evidence that the worm is turning....Let me list a few;
  • Signing Ivan Cleary
  • Employing Kelly Egan as GM of football
  • And remember the new board was only installed less than a year ago (May 2016)
  • This followed the re-structure of the ownership of the club
  • So Rome wasn't built in a day
"The ownership structure sees Wests move to 75% ownership with Balmain retaining 25% and the Board expanded to nine directors. Balmain has two Board positions, Wests has five Board positions with the remaining two positions being filled by Independent Directors."
  • I think the structure and the gesture to the Balmain side of the JV to keep them in has hopefully put an end to board level hostilities...in other words it is now a done deal so why bother keeping on in-fighting
Balmain acknowledges Wests Ashfield Leagues' role in securing the operational and financial viability of Wests Tigers over the past four years and for its generous offer to Balmain to secure its place as part of Wests Tigers in the NRL into the future.
  • The clubs membership is the highest it's been
  • Our revenue from sponsorship is up (check out the jersey sponsors - Brydens, Allied Express, CrownBet)
  • And our board has some Rugby League experience in Mick Lubinskis and Danny Stapleton
The downside that probably hid the potential of the new board and structure was the sh!t fight that erupted soon after they were in place...which was the Robbie Farah / Jason Taylor saga...Did the board handle that particularly well, probably not...But what was the answer? It was a tough one either way! That was quickly followed this year by the Big 4 Bu!!shit and the terrible timing (non-staggered) contractual arrangements which was not of the current administrations making.
Q) Does the Chair need to be an ex player or out and out footy head? Well she isn't but she's not alone. Plenty of clubs have a non ex player or out and out footy type chairing their boards. Parramatta have just announced their new board which has no ex footy players or experienced footy administrators on it at all. In my opinion, with Cleary and Egan along with Pascoe (a CEO still on his P's but starting to show some promise) and a new re-structured board that is turning the corner with some footy player experience on it....well the glass is starting to look half full....not half empty!

Tigerm

First Grade
You cant blame the players chasing the money, a $1m is a shit load, but both Woods & Tedesco were mates of RF and they saw that there was no loyalty shown by the club to him, so why should they show it to them.
I reckon if RF was still here, they would have signed with us. Simply, the club f**ked up and are getting what they deserve.

WT Unity

Juniors
You cant blame the players chasing the money, a $1m is a shit load, but both Woods & Tedesco were mates of RF and they saw that there was no loyalty shown by the club to him, so why should they show it to them.
I reckon if RF was still here, they would have signed with us. Simply, the club f**ked up and are getting what they deserve.
I disagree I don't think they are motivated by that type of sentimental bullsh!t at all - !!!

Tiger05

First Grade
WT Unity - great post. I think the scummy players were behind the sacking of Robbie. They wanted him shafted. He was supposedly the cancer. It's pretty clear who the cancer was though now - the grubby players led by Issac lollipoper Moses.

macnaz

Staff member
Is there an actual deadline time today ? Id be curious to actually know if they at least have the courtesy of fronting up with a no thanks , id imagine by their current attitudes they will just fail to respond at all

Tiger05

First Grade
Is there an actual deadline time today ? Id be curious to actually know if they at least have the courtesy of fronting up with a no thanks , id imagine by their current attitudes they will just fail to respond at all

They won't do a thing. They will just sit there laughing to themselves thinking how they've screwed us over.

Last edited:
It was 5:00 pm wasn't it?

tick tick tick that's 6 minutes to go tick tick tick

which reminds me, Woods looks like it would take him an hour to watch 60 Minutes on a Sunday night ;)

Crazyperpman

Juniors
I think they will formally reject the Tigers offer,Tigers will release a statement and after the weekend the Bulldogs and Roosters will make an announcement.

Will wait another couple of minutes and if the sky does not fall in, will say good luck in your life, not cheer once for these guys this year, remove Teddy from my fantasy team (Even though he is a gun) and am sure life goes on.

There's been a lot of Talent come to our club (& Go), we will be ok.

Latest posts