What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Worst Place On Earth You've Been To

King-Gutho94

Coach
Budva, Montenegro is the worst. Dodgy as shit and they hate tourists.

Rome and Paris are overrated in Europe. Outside of the main attractions just full of gypsies wanting to sell you shit.

And LA is an absolute hole.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Budva, Montenegro is the worst. Dodgy as shit and they hate tourists.

Rome and Paris are overrated in Europe. Outside of the main attractions just full of gypsies wanting to sell you shit.

And LA is an absolute hole.

I actually found Paris to be pretty good. I think we avoided all those beggers and gypsies and the people were quite friendly, had a few big nights there which was good.

Rome was ok but people were rude and refused to help even when we were stuck trying to get to the hotel. Florence was disgusting, hot, it smelt, there were gypsies, crazy people, one person was painted in white and gave me kissing noises trying to sell roses, I wanted to get out of there.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Wasn’t the smell that bothered me as much as it being overrun by hordes of the most bogan Aussie tourists imaginable and most of the locals being engaged in the business of constantly trying to hustle money out of said bogans by offering them shit souvenirs, timeshare investments or underage sex. Nuke it from orbit.

Bali is such an overrated place. I mainly stayed in Kuta but went to other parts. They werent any better. There were too many bogan Aussies with their Bintang singlets and had 20 XXXX beers by lunch time.

Plus if you dont buy anything from a shop there, the shop owner will go nuts.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I actually found Paris to be pretty good. I think we avoided all those beggers and gypsies and the people were quite friendly, had a few big nights there which was good.

Rome was ok but people were rude and refused to help even when we were stuck trying to get to the hotel. Florence was disgusting, hot, it smelt, there were gypsies, crazy people, one person was painted in white and gave me kissing noises trying to sell roses, I wanted to get out of there.
You left out the good old Italian drivers and there rules.

I still question how a few of us got back to the hotel in the cab we were in Rome.

Deadset I thought I was going to be in an accident 4 times.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
You left out the good old Italian drivers and there rules.

I still question how a few of us got back to the hotel in the cab we were in Rome.

Deadset I thought I was going to be in an accident 4 times.

Probably the same road rules as Moscow lol

I think we mostly walked or took public transport but the one cab we got took us to the wrong place lol

Batam, Indonesia. We spent a couple of weeks in Malaysia and Singapore about 10 years ago and decided to take a day trip there from Singapore, horrible place that I couldn't wait for the end of the day to get the return ferry back.

Hull, England. Just grim.

Pisa, Italy. As many pickpockets as tourists.

Dubai, awful fake new age hole.

No idea how Paris gets on these lists, terrific place.

Perth Tiger

Bench

Wow. I loved Florence but had a similar experience in Venice. Hated that place

Bazal

Post Whore
Loved Florence. Probably one of my fave stops in Italy tbh. We were there just about the end of the main tourist season though so that probably helped.

Went into Venice with low expectations, just a "you gotta see it while you're here" kinda thing but we also really enjoyed it. Naples was probably the place we wouldn't go back to in Italian terms. But even then I wouldn't have it in my worst places ever list

Mojo

Bench
Peak Hill, NSW. Jayzuss! The place may as well not exist. Moree, NSW - possibly equal billing, Many small Australian country towns.
New Plymouth, NZ. Cold, wet, smelly, boring.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Katoomba, considering all the natural beauty around it and also being on the door step to The Three Sisters, the township of Katoomba is an absolute hole, plenty of sketchy's on the street, empty shops. Apart from the Carrington Hotel the place is horrible.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Katoomba, considering all the natural beauty around it and also being on the door step to The Three Sisters, the township of Katoomba is an absolute hole, plenty of sketchy's on the street, empty shops. Apart from the Carrington Hotel the place is horrible.
Can think of a bunch of small NZ towns that are similar, amazing local scenery but the towns themselves are sketchy and depressing

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Peak Hill, NSW. Jayzuss! The place may as well not exist. Moree, NSW - possibly equal billing, Many small Australian country towns.
New Plymouth, NZ. Cold, wet, smelly, boring.
I went to Moree a couple of years ago, and was thinking it might be crap. But got a pleasant surprise. Lots of hot springs / artesian spas in the area and in the middle of town.
And I had the best T-bone steak at the Royal Hotel. I just someone in the street where I could get a good t-bone and they were spot on.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I went to Moree a couple of years ago, and was thinking it might be crap. But got a pleasant surprise. Lots of hot springs / artesian spas in the area and in the middle of town.
And I had the best T-bone steak at the Royal Hotel. I just someone in the street where I could get a good t-bone and they were spot on.
I stopped for the night there on the way and way back from a job in Cairns where I had to tow a boat up from Sydney and back - made for a convenient waypoint and I also recall getting an excellent pub feed there. Just a fairly typical country town, certainly not a terrible place.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I stopped for the night there on the way and way back from a job in Cairns where I had to tow a boat up from Sydney and back - made for a convenient waypoint and I also recall getting an excellent pub feed there. Just a fairly typical country town, certainly not a terrible place.
It's a little different because of the artesian baths. I stayed in the motel, they had something like 3 or 4 pools. One pool was hotter than the next until you got into the steaming artesian one. Sort of like you get in New Zealand, only this is in Australia so a bit of a novelty. I also headed further west to Pilliga and Lightning Ridge for more of the same.

And as for Lightning Ridge, for a city boy that's getting towards the edge. Sensational landscape. I was told about places further west if you want to fully disappear. Seems like a good destination if you don't want anyone asking about your past. lol.

___

Juniors
Mauthausen Concentration Camp without doubt.

While historic, it's actually depressing walking through there and seeing what those people went through. So cruel and unnecessary.

Grapple

Bench
This thread is showing off a lot of people that haven't travelled more than a quick trip across the Tasman.

No doubt NZ has some small shit farming towns without much going on but f**k me fellas, be a little bit more daring in your adventures before saying it's the worst place on earth.