What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Worst Place On Earth You've Been To

mongoose

Coach
Its interesting the auroa that Paris can have. Once had a date with guy who explained to me how Paris was the most beautiful and stylish city in all of Europe.
When I asked when he had visited, he replied that he had never been there.

For sheer beauty, Lake Louise in Canada is wonderful.

Somewhere I would find hard to return to due to destruction of what may have once been pretty. Madagascar.
Paris is ok, not sure why some people have such strong opinions on it though. The traffic is quite bad I guess. Beautiful architecture though.... Eiffel tower is spectacular but Louvre is overrated.

For Europe I really love Amsterdam but it was a little dirty last time I was there. Rome is cool but I felt like I was getting fleeced everywhere. The Italians prey on tourists a bit...

London is probably my favourite global city, just due to the sheer convenience of everything. Brilliant public transport, off licenses on every corner with cheap as piss beer. Decent food and lots to see and do. Feels like a second home.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Paris is ok, not sure why some people have such strong opinions on it though. The traffic is quite bad I guess. Beautiful architecture though.... Eiffel tower is spectacular but Louvre is overrated.

For Europe I really love Amsterdam but it was a little dirty last time I was there. Rome is cool but I felt like I was getting fleeced everywhere. The Italians prey on tourists a bit...

London is probably my favourite global city, just due to the sheer convenience of everything. Brilliant public transport, off licenses on every corner with cheap as piss beer. Decent food and lots to see and do. Feels like a second home.
The missus and I did Rome in January, was somehow like 20° and sunny. We walked into the Colosseum all by ourselves and saw maybe 10 people the whole 3 hours we were there. f**king incredible I'll never forget it

Nuke

Staff member
This 100%.
My first ever trip overseas was as a 31yr old in 2012 to London for 10 or so days by myself. In the lead-up and on the flights over, I wasn't anxious, but there was a sceric of concern about being in a completely new place where I had no idea where I was or how I was going to get around and knowing absolutely no-one. After landing at Heathrow and catching the tube to Kings Cross St.Pancras, I exited the tube station to walk to my backpackers and immediately I felt weirdly at home. It just felt so inexplicably comfortable. I've never forgotten that. I felt the same 4yrs later when I returned for another few days as part of a wider 3 month European trip. No other city in the world that I have visited, English-speaking or not, have I felt that feeling.

Perth Tiger

Bench
Switzerland is absolutely stunning. If it wasn't so dammed expensive, I could very happily live there. I'd probably have to learn both French and German, however, as I'd split my time up between Montreux and Lauterbrunnen.
Try Slovenia instead. Same beauty for about a third of the price

Latest posts