What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Your local club results" thread

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Registered our third win from four games, with last weeks match being washed out. They won the toss, and sent us in (on a synthetic pitch I might add). We were in early trouble, 2-39 off 10. Recovered to be 6-170 at the completion of our 35 overs. I still haven't batted yet :( Restricted them to 8-138, with me taking two catches as keeper.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
we chased 130 and done it easy

my opening batting partner and myself put on 65 for the first wicket

last saturday we got beaten :( team only got 170 in Sh*t conditions but so hard to bat on, i ended up making 17 not the best but respectable in the conditions.

Red Bear

Referee
got pumped, we only had 9 players and were all out for 65, my average with the bat is up to one lol.
they got the runs none down, i bowled 7 overs 0/26, had 2 bloody close lbw's, two dropped catches off my bowling and endless play n miss outside off, but strayed a few balls down leg which went for runs n still bowled 3 f**king wides. Better personal performance tho.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
made another 50 run opening partnership with my fellow opening batsman, chasing 98 runs in a 40 over game

we made 180, and sent them back in, as we bowled the out in 18 overs, and had them 9 out in the last over

first time I've gone for an outright in a One Day game

[furrycat]

Coach
Had a 40 over one dayer- they batted first and we cleaned up up for 104- I had 1/17 off 7, but have a grade 2 tear in my quadricep :fist:

We fell short surprisingly by 20 runs... ITs disappointing as when we've lost its been because of poor batting and never because of our bowling attack. Had to have a runner when I batted but didn't really use him, hit 2 fours then got out the third ball :oops:

Red Bear

Referee
We bowled them for 137, i got0/16 off 5 but bowled pretty well. We were in trouble at 5-50 when i came out and finally batted respectfully, in a 48 run partnership i made 20 then got out the second last ball befre drinks. AArgh, was thinking dont get out n what happens? go forward n pop a simple little catch. We only had 10 men n lost by 10 runs

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
Made the 10 hour trip to the no mans land that is Raby Sports Ground.

Dont want to talk about the actual game. But in a nutshell, we lost.

We bowled them out for 62 i cant remember my figures but i got 1 wicket in swinger that hit middle stump and all of our bowlers got atleast 1 wicket. We are currently 1/42 with the bat, should easily get the runs next week

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
we bowled the bad guys out for 76 and we are 8 for 136, first innings already

our cricket ground has a majestic setting and the is a creek running around half of our ground

the umpire got there early, and every drinks break he would wander over to the creek and we didn't know why

after stumps he went back over there and returned with two crap pots and 2 muddies, not a bad day out

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
after setting up a 93 run lead on the first innings, we bowled them out for 50 something and finished by 20 past 3

to be fair, they were under manned due to people not being available, but getting to the pub at 4:00 on Saturday afternoon has it benefits

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Played the team running last, won the toss, batted and were in f**king awful trouble at 6/54 before semi recovering and getting a kind of defendable total in 124. They got too close for comfort and we bowled them out for 105. Running first and almost losing to the team running last is quite embarrassing :oops:

Well last week we bowled the team we played out for 53 and got them without losing a wkt ( I got 25*).
This week we batted 1st and got 184 ( I got 21) and won by 10 runs after bowling them out with a only a few overs leaft ( I took 3/36)
We are going pretty good. our games are all one dayers 40 overs.

in the first week of a 2dayer my team had 9 players (1 injury and 1 no-show) we got skittled for 89, other team dec. at 6/101 and we are already 1/46 in our 2nd dig with 2 fill in players put on the team sheet for next week we r gonna try for a reverse outright