What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Your local club results" thread

ali

Bench
Macca said:
I am a bowler that likes to think he can bat mate but you're right I batted myself at 9 this particular game.

It's not ridiculously small but once it's through the infield it's tough to stop that's for sure.

How are you shaping up this season Twiz?

Where was that played Macca? One of the things that used to piss me off about A1's was that there was no value for shots in most of the bigger shire grounds, hence the grounds they use in A1's and 16A's.

Anyway, I'm back with the Randy Petes again this year after tossing up numerous alternatives including playing for Macca's team. After only going to one pre-season session and not playing in the trials i got picked in 5th grade for round 2 and again in round 3. My scores are going in the right direction 2, 14, 28, the later two scores as an opener. The team is 2 wins from 3 and I've played in one win and one loss. I'll probably need the score a 50 soon to hold my spot, but I'm not too fussed if I get dropped, as in 6th grade (metro cup) I can probably get away with a big Friday night if something is on. Furthermore I might get to captain one of the 6th grade sides, which makes fielding a hell of a lot more enjoyable.

Red Bear

Referee
My clubs dominating with two from two in firsts and seconds, chased over 220 in 42 overs both weeks in firsts.

Earl

Coach
We chased down 221 with 5 wickets in hand. I scored 13*

Pretty comfortable first up win against a side that hasn't missed the semi's for aout 10 years.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
us reigning premiers got our arses kicked yesterday

I kept yesterday and got 4 catches :D

Jobdog

Live Update Team
We've been going for two weeks and are 2/2 :D

Much better start than the first quarter of the season last year. It took us 7 weeks to get our first win.

Two weeks ago, we played on turf, they won the toss and sent us in :? We amassed 6/179 off 35 overs and then rolled them for 88. Yesterday we lost the toss again, except this time, we fielded first. Bowled them out for 95 and then chased the runs down, losing four wickets in the process.

So far so good!! :D

Red Bear

Referee
we won yesterday, got 168 and bowled them out for 110 or so. My batting keeps reaching wonderous new levels, with me getting a diamond duck this week. got 2/17 bowling tho. 7 of them were no balls and wides :( and 8 were from boundries coming from edges to second slip, with us having a first and 3rd slip.

f**k its good to win :)

Big Mick

Referee
At my debut...first time i'd played in 10 years.

I got 2/28 (10) with the ball, then was sent in on the second day with us at 8/125 with 20 overs left. Captain said to stay in as long as I could with the other guy.

I got 1 run off 54 balls, and was out with 2 balls to spare off a dubious catch which i think hit the ground but I walked anyway. We ended up with a draw, I got a good hit out and also 4-5 bruises, including a great one on my thigh...it was awesome to have battle scars.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
We got 200 vs Blacktown, should of got a lot more.
Have them 5\40. Will take first innings points tommorow and hopefully more.

[furrycat]

Coach
We bowled our side out for 110, should have been less except one little merkin just blocked for an hour and did nothing.

Bowled 9 overs, 2/13 :fist:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
we bowled the opposition out for 130, after having them 5 for 40

we are 0-3 in reply,

I am 2 NO :D

Earl

Coach
We got bowled out for 54 on a wet pitch.

In reply they are 6/110. I've got 2/25 of 11

we bowled them out for 53, we were shockingly 5/32 but picked up and managed to get 179. They went to bat again and were 4/79 and then stumps.

We won :)

we won, kept them to 70 off the 35overs and got them in about 20overs with 5 wkts in hand. Ball was swinging heaps so wasn't that easy to bat.
I got 6 batting at no.3 and had 4 catches dropped off my bowling.

[furrycat]

Coach
We got their total easy- sent them back in, rolled them for 73. Me, 9 overs, 3/23 :D

Only needed 27 to win, did that in 5 overs.

Outrighted!

Red Bear

Referee
We won, got 210 or so, i got my 3rd duck from 3 grade innings. f**ken sh*t dismissal as well, went to defend n just hit the glove:(

Bowled them my maybe a tad over 100, i got 2/30, first 3 overs were horrendous, next 3 n a bit were good tho which is pleasing.