What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

THERE ARE THREE POSSIBILITIES ABOUT NRL GAME

winnyason

Juniors
1. IT HAS BEE CANNED & THEY HAVE NOT GOT THE GUTS TO TELL US.
2. IT IS ALREADY 3/4 THROUGH AND THEY DON'T WANT TO CONSTANTLY
ANSWER EMAILS.
3. STILL NEGIOTIATING TRI SERIES, CHALLENGE CUP, FRENCH CHAMPIONSHIP AND WCC LICENCING.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
I dont think there will be a new NRL game next year, unlike fifa,nfl and nhl games the nrl will only sell in a few regions (Australia,UK,NZ) big markets like the US and Japan go untouched.

i remember mario saying that they didnt have the budget to create some of the things we wanted...that should kinda tell you what type of budget they were on.

girvie

Staff member
I'd buy it even if they just updated the teams for 2005. Maybe add a few international teams.

simostorm

Bench
This game has more then enough market to support this game, NZ, Aus and GB that is a huge market area. Alot of fans of the game in these areas, its only going to sell more to I would imagine id say that they are still getting budget and designers ready and there announcment in January will be to say that a second game will be ready for a late 2005 or early 2006 release.

KimmorleyKiller

Juniors
This game has more then enough market to support this game, NZ, Aus and GB that is a huge market area. Alot of fans of the game in these areas, its only going to sell more to I would imagine id say that they are still getting budget and designers ready and there announcment in January will be to say that a second game will be ready for a late 2005 or early 2006 release.

well sed

Dragon

Coach
Its a solid foundation they have though. If they put in as much work as they did with the original, then its going to be a big improvement.

strong_latte

Juniors
canberra_raiders2k2 said:
i hope there is a 2nd game, but alot of you are really exageratting the support of league...

A game doesn't have to sell 50 million copies to be successful... The last Rugby Union game sold under a million and they are making a Rugby 2005 right now!!! Just because we don't have the yanks doesn't mean there isn't enough of a market to justify another League game... lets remember that there have already been 2 AFL games and neither were as successful as the NRL game but they still feel they are justified in producing more sequels.

As I said, not every game has to be a massive success in the US.

Anonymous

Juniors
Working at Myer on the North Shore, the demand for the NRL game was huge. A lot larger than for rugby. If there's higher demand for the League game in Chatswood, I'd imagine it'd be ever more exaggerated elsewhere...

Dragon

Coach
Exactly, i bet EA are spewing they dont have the NRL license. I remember they said sometyhing like "a rugby league game would not be viable financially, as there isnt a big enough supporter base"

Sidhe proved them wrong, breaking the Aussie record for the most pre-orders EVER! Id love to see the sales figures, but Mario has said it is sensitive info.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
strong_latte said:
canberra_raiders2k2 said:
i hope there is a 2nd game, but alot of you are really exageratting the support of league...

A game doesn't have to sell 50 million copies to be successful... The last Rugby Union game sold under a million and they are making a Rugby 2005 right now!!! Just because we don't have the yanks doesn't mean there isn't enough of a market to justify another League game... lets remember that there have already been 2 AFL games and neither were as successful as the NRL game but they still feel they are justified in producing more sequels.

As I said, not every game has to be a massive success in the US.

No one said anything about selling 50million copies...

ok here is the problem that your not noticing, lets say 500,000 copies of the nrl game have been bought now for the next tittle they double there budget and since this game is only released in 3 regions chances are its not going to grow that much more..

AFL is worse and Acclaim are stupid hint the fact there bankrupt...they invested in many things but produced very little...besides burnout.

Dragon

Coach
And what about cricket? Those game suck arse yet every year we see another incarnation, worse than the last.

I think some other company are making a new Brian Laras cricket, so it will compete with EA which is good news for Cricket fans.

Point is, Sidhe will make another League game. It is a series that they can build their company around, and they are already gaining industry recognition and making a name for themselves. Another RL title (or two ;) ) would only help their cause.

-JJ-

Juniors
I'll add another possibility. Sidhe are currently using a modified Rugby League engine to create the first decent union game since Jonah Lomu Rugby. That way they will get around half a million sales, as Rugby 2004 magically did I believe (that was half a million very disappointed people I might add). That's what I hope anyway.

Latest posts