What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

THERE ARE THREE POSSIBILITIES ABOUT NRL GAME

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
Mario i was only using that 500,000 games sold as a guideline but i would of thought it sold near that :?

so pongia i guess i was right, so according to mario the Union game out sold league even though it was a heap of crap...

dont get me wrong i want there to be another league but im not getting my hopes up..

Dragon

Coach
Wow i wouldve thought 500,000 would have been a good guess. Not even remotely near?

:shock:

Mario

Juniors
Dragon said:
Wow i wouldve thought 500,000 would have been a good guess. Not even remotely near?

Not even remotely near.

Of course, we did sell more copies than we expected to, so the project would be considered a success on that particular basis.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
so in a way i just proved that you cant get great sales in just australia,nz and the uk..is it wrong that i didnt want to believe this :cry: how i hope they make another version

Mario

Juniors
simostorm said:
Mario did it sell as well as sidhe intended in the UK or did it not?

We didn't really have any expectations set for the UK, as we didn't have any ideas of the potential size of the market.

Hopefully, for a possible sequel, we would get stronger distribution, more marketing, and more localised content for the UK which would help increase sales there.

Anonymous

Juniors
I think Halo 2 did, didn't it?

Also I was amazed to hear that Rugby League had broken the record at that time. :)

winnyason

Juniors
i think the key is that to sell more copies is to have say the french league,
in the south there is quite abit of support for league have this compition in the game would sell copies as would the png league and somehow sell it in russia where the game is growing.
however we can have these theories to sell more copies but i have a fear the game may have been canned.
let's hope if it has the nrl, sl and rlif don't can the game.
it is a great promotional tool if promoted to sell the game to the world

Mario

Juniors
KimmorleyKiller said:
does anyone know if GTA broke the preorder record or not?

The record we had was "most preorders at a single EB store".

I am not sure whether either GTA San Andreas or Halo 2 have recently broken this (both had large overall preorder levels), but it is certainly likely.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
You need me onboard for marketing.

I request 600k/year, and one, no, two company cars.

Mario

Juniors
canberra_raiders2k2 said:
Mario since there hasnt been any news on the next league game..any chance you can tell us what game ur working on next?

I'm expecting one of the games we are working on to be announced in the next month. Its a PlayStation Portable title, and should be available at launch alongside the hardware in March 05.

And before anyone asks, its not Rugby League for PSP. Its actually not a sports game at all (more of a fast paced platform game).

We are also currently working on two other titles, but I don't expect those to be announced for a while.

Latest posts