What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

there has to be a thread about it

James_Hardie

Juniors
Steve Clarke. Went to the video ref on 4 of our 5 tries when there was near no doubt on any of them. Didn't go on the Manly tries and the first two should have at least been checked.

He can spot us stealing the ball when he is twenty metres away, yet he can't look 1 metres to his right or left to see Manly players infront of him in most sets.

He turns our captains away before they can get within 5 metres of him, yet Kennedy is allowed to be in his face all night.

We get penalised for a grapple in tackle in the first 5 minutes then he doesn't penailse Manly for the 20 they commited (And that was just infront of me).

And whilst i have only seen replays of the Fui incident on the big screen from a distance, surely it is a report issue not a send off.

Then there is the touchie inciting the crowd on the western side in the second half.

Seriously. Questions have to be asked as our record under him is abmissmal, and if it wasn't for the commtment of our team, tonight, it would be worse..

jayjayselmes

Juniors
yeah lucky we held on, it was touch or go there for a while wasnt it. I really could have went both ways, but hay we won all the same

heres hindy blowing up in front of us for not calling the video ref!!!!

12.jpg

13.jpg

strider

Post Whore
clarke is an arrogant c**k .... he's deteriorated into one of the worst referees in the NRL

number8

Juniors
I can handle everything else but I find it very hard to swallow when he penalises us for laying on in the tackles & sends Fui for that shot only to have that grub Burns grapple & facial in every tackle he flops on & their high shots completely missed.

He refs just like that long haired show pony used to & I didn't like him much either!

jayjayselmes

Juniors
number8 said:
I can handle everything else but I find it very hard to swallow when he penalises us for laying on in the tackles & sends Fui for that shot only to have that grub Burns grapple & facial in every tackle he flops on & their high shots completely missed.

He refs just like that long haired show pony used to & I didn't like him much either!

Very ture i noticed they were doing it all night. They were insdie the 10 more times than not aswell. Fuc* clarke

Dragons_Head

Juniors
watched the game on fox at the local rsl, felt like throwing my glass at the plasma screen after clarke's display. Felt it was parra's best win of the season considering the circumstances.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
i missed the game 2nite guys clarkes performance couldn't have been as bad as the last time we played moanly. could it??????

jayjayselmes

Juniors
hineyrulz said:
i missed the game 2nite guys clarkes performance couldn't have been as bad as the last time we played moanly. could it??????

Yup hiney alot worse...... alot worse:(:(:(

El Diablo

Post Whore
it was a joke the way he was calling for the video ref for no reason when Parra scored, yet when Manly scored two tries that should've been disalllowed he blows his whistle.

Even though Matai didn't score the 2nd try he was that far off side it wasn't funny. he was within the 10 so it should've been a no try.

Clark is an amateur at best.

CrazyEel

Bench
I am always nervous when Clarke is our ref, apart from the fact he is incompetent he definitively has a grudge against us.

Glenn

First Grade
Thank god for Chris Ward in the video box.

How Clark could go to the Video box 4 times for Parramatta, and only once for Manly is known only to him.
Surely the other Manly "tries" deserved to be scrutinised compared to the 4 from Parramatta.
It seems Clark was trying to find a way of screwing Parramatta where ever he could.
Not only is is sweet beating Moanly, to be down to 12 men for most of the second half to there 14 it doesnt get better :D

Glenn

First Grade
Nearly spat up my cornflakes reading the Sunday Terrorgraph, aparently Hasler wants to talk to Clark about inconsistancies in the ruck area.
I guess they are not content with gettting everything handed to them.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Glenn said:
Nearly spat up my cornflakes reading the Sunday Terrorgraph, aparently Hasler wants to talk to Clark about inconsistancies in the ruck area.
I guess they are not content with gettting everything handed to them.

The funny thing is that Hasler's right. Clark has been very inconsistent in both Manly vs Parra matches this year.

My theory on the whole situation. Clark grew up as a Manly fan, and therefore also hated Parra. This is deeply instilled in him and he knows it. Early in both matches, he overcompensated for it by giving us a few early penalties, but as the game wears on, his bias comes out and he starts favouring Manly more and more. (You only have to track the penalty counts through the 2 matches to see this, let alone other factors). I believe he may actually be asking for the Manly/Parra clashes to try to prove to himself that he's professional enough to get over his favouritism. Well Clarky boy, it's not working!!! If you are a true professional, you'd ask your boss never to give you another Manly or Parra match ever again.

paulb88

Juniors
That last try when Hayne ran down the touch-line from the kick off (after the field goal i think) being called forward was an absolute joke. There was nothing wrong with it and i think Clark knew it could cap off a fantastic game for parra...:(

Glenn

First Grade
eloquentEEL said:
The funny thing is that Hasler's right. Clark has been very inconsistent in both Manly vs Parra matches this year.

My theory on the whole situation. Clark grew up as a Manly fan, and therefore also hated Parra. This is deeply instilled in him and he knows it. Early in both matches, he overcompensated for it by giving us a few early penalties, but as the game wears on, his bias comes out and he starts favouring Manly more and more. (You only have to track the penalty counts through the 2 matches to see this, let alone other factors). I believe he may actually be asking for the Manly/Parra clashes to try to prove to himself that he's professional enough to get over his favouritism. Well Clarky boy, it's not working!!! If you are a true professional, you'd ask your boss never to give you another Manly or Parra match ever again.

Hmmm you just may be on to something there :-k