What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

there has to be a thread about it

strider

Post Whore
- i think the last try that he disallowed for a forward pass was fair enough - it was forward - but what irks me is I have seen about 4 of them in the last few weeks which were all let go - yet we get pulled up

- the first manly try I believe was an obstruction - matai was running right off the decoy runners shoulder - o'dwyer didn't make a poor decision to take the wrong man (he did not run in to the decoy - he couls have taken either player), he just never had a clear shot at matai cos the decoy ran into the line just a second before matai ... this was the video refs stuff up tho

- why the hell did he need to go to the video for hayne's try - it was clearly just a great pickup from jarryd - not even a hint of a knock on .... the commentators claimed maybe he thought o'dwyer touched it??? (see the next point)

- why did clarke NOT go to the video on the first manly try after fui was sent? ... it clearly looked like williamson had knocked the ball at it went out wide .... oh no - good enough for clarky

- several times in the game manly had loiterers around their play the ball - and you could clearly hear clarke yelling at them to move ... but never a penalty - why bother yelling over and over - penalise them ffs

- the grapple tackle is ancient history nowdays - they've swallowed the whistle on it since about round 4 ... but no jeremy smith gets called for one while the rest of the game no one goes near th head - crap!

- caylo gets upended with an obvious dangerous throw early on and loses the ball in the process ... there was clearly a manly player with his hand between the legs lifting ... oh no - dipsh*t and his 2 blind mice were playing with themselves at the time

Lastly - one for caylo .... wtf was he on about when clarke called out BK and caylo and was telling BK to stop the penalties - and caylo chimes in "yeah come on" .... of course clark then proceeds to treat him like a 2yr old

Utey

Coach
I have never felt that angry at the football, ever. He was absolutely terrible.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
just saw a snippet from the post match interviews... JT was blowing up about another incident which no-one's mentioned yet. When Wags made his line break with PJ and Burt in support, apparently a Manly player held both of them back and Clark was about to blow his whistle but didn't!

eloquentEEL

First Grade
having the commentators supporting this bullsh*t is certainly not helping the game. the only way things will even have a hope of changing is with public and media pressure.

is it written in the TV contract or something that they have to suck up to the refs?

strider

Post Whore
sterlo even made a point of identifying hayne tackling a player without the ball .... FMD - what about the sh*t put on us? what about the spear tackle from matai on caylo which led to their first try?

also - on high tackles .... Ruben Wiki did one in the Warriors v Panthers game ... IMHO it was more a reckless high shot than Fui's .... YET channel 9 don't harp on it or whack a massive suspension is needed tag on him :fist:

Hellsy

Immortal
strider said:
- i think the last try that he disallowed for a forward pass was fair enough - it was forward - but what irks me is I have seen about 4 of them in the last few weeks which were all let go - yet we get pulled up

- the first manly try I believe was an obstruction - matai was running right off the decoy runners shoulder - o'dwyer didn't make a poor decision to take the wrong man (he did not run in to the decoy - he couls have taken either player), he just never had a clear shot at matai cos the decoy ran into the line just a second before matai ... this was the video refs stuff up tho

- why the hell did he need to go to the video for hayne's try - it was clearly just a great pickup from jarryd - not even a hint of a knock on .... the commentators claimed maybe he thought o'dwyer touched it??? (see the next point)

- why did clarke NOT go to the video on the first manly try after fui was sent? ... it clearly looked like williamson had knocked the ball at it went out wide .... oh no - good enough for clarky

- several times in the game manly had loiterers around their play the ball - and you could clearly hear clarke yelling at them to move ... but never a penalty - why bother yelling over and over - penalise them ffs

- the grapple tackle is ancient history nowdays - they've swallowed the whistle on it since about round 4 ... but no jeremy smith gets called for one while the rest of the game no one goes near th head - crap!

- caylo gets upended with an obvious dangerous throw early on and loses the ball in the process ... there was clearly a manly player with his hand between the legs lifting ... oh no - dipsh*t and his 2 blind mice were playing with themselves at the time

Lastly - one for caylo .... wtf was he on about when clarke called out BK and caylo and was telling BK to stop the penalties - and caylo chimes in "yeah come on" .... of course clark then proceeds to treat him like a 2yr old

Benny got upended at one point too

strider

Post Whore
Glenn said:
Well seeing as we won, just hang him and then shoot him :lol:

hang him up by his nuts and then give us turns to go at him like a pinjata :BDH:

scottyeel

Bench
Clarke=pathetic.
If we happened to make the 8 and have a good run there is no way we could win a qualifying or grand final with him reffing.
Like him or not he is considered the best ref in the game and will get the GF.

Hellsy

Immortal
strider said:
hang him up by his nuts and then give us turns to go at him like a pinjata :BDH:

Oohhhhh...
*Hellsy adds this idea to her memory bank for future reference*

Kornstar

Coach
If i said what i wanted to say about Clark, the post would be deleted, but it was certainly the general consensus in the bay i sit and i imagine everyone who watched the game!