What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

They don't rate us again!

jargan83

Coach
Not worried about what the media thinks of us, they're always pushing someone an agenda, trying to sell newspapers or generate clicks etc.

saints4me

Juniors
It's the Sydney Daily Tell-U-Crap. They never get anything right! They're so consistent! It's why no one ever buys the rag any more!

"The Sydney Daily Tell-U-Crap. The job you get when you can't get a job at a newspaper".

Cagey Mac

Bench
And Tom Waterhouse NRL Futures
Brisbane
North Qld
Sydney
New Zealand
Canterbury
South Sydney
Cronulla
Manly
Melbourne
Penrith
Parramatta
Canberra
St George
Newcastle
Wests
Gold Coast

Not bad odds

Mr Red

First Grade
hard to argue with the Waterhouse figures on the whole... except putting us behind Canberra and Parra is a little confusing.

And Tom Waterhouse NRL Futures
Brisbane
North Qld
Sydney
New Zealand
Canterbury
South Sydney
Cronulla
Manly
Melbourne
Penrith
Parramatta
Canberra
St George
Newcastle
Wests
Gold Coast

Not bad odds

What are the odds on a top 8 finish ?

saintjeff

Juniors
Article was bull .Dogs roosters and souths will fall . Their chances have passed.
Parra and raiders are as unreliable as you can get
These so called xperts are talkin rubbish..

BennyV

Referee
hard to argue with the Waterhouse figures on the whole... except putting us behind Canberra and Parra is a little confusing.

Canberra will impress. They have recruited well, especially with Sezer, who will be awesome in a combo with Austin.

Parra is odd. I'm guessing they think Foran is the Messiah.

TruSaint

Referee
Canberra will impress. They have recruited well, especially with Sezer, who will be awesome in a combo with Austin.

Have to disagree. Raiders will need more than Sezer.. Austin granted is a superstar in the making. Too hot and cold for me. Score points, but also bleed them.

Parra is a mess. They wont be in the hunt for an 8 spot and will finish close to the bottom.

TruSaint

Referee
Sharks and Manly at 12 and 13 bucks respectively ?

Only 3 i can see with any cert, is GC / Tigpies and Knights as bottom 3.

The Nick

Bench

I'm expecting a big turnaround from Parramatta, I think they will be in the 8. Brad Arthur is starting to form his squad and the lad can coach.

I'm not actually convinced Raiders can progress beyond this season with R. Stuart at the helm. Plus they've recruited a running 5/8 to partner a running 5/8 in the halves (not sure if we're starting a trend here lol), I personally thought Sam Williams was an excellent foil for Austin. Be very interested to see how they partner up, but I'm expecting the Raiders to flop.

TruSaint

Referee
I'm expecting a big turnaround from Parramatta, I think they will be in the 8. Brad Arthur is starting to form his squad and the lad can coach.

I'm not actually convinced Raiders can progress beyond this season with R. Stuart at the helm. Plus they've recruited a running 5/8 to partner a running 5/8 in the halves (not sure if we're starting a trend here lol), I personally thought Sam Williams was an excellent foil for Austin. Be very interested to see how they partner up, but I'm expecting the Raiders to flop.

Interesting your take on Parra.
Nick, what makes you think Arthur can coach ?
Not being sarcastic, but his record is at 42% and very limited at the helm.
personally, i think they will be struggling big time.
Too much instability at board level, new combinations etc.

Old Timer

Coach
If we think the odds they are offering about us are a joke for being undervalued the Warriors, Panthers, and Eels supporters must be in absolute stitches because the odds they are offering on them wouldn't entice too many dollars out of their supporters pockets.

BennyV

Referee

Sezer a running 5/8? Not sure what you've seen of him, but the guy plays his best footy as an organiser, he can direct the team around and has a killer kicking game (as well as being able to run the ball). He's a better version of Adam Reynolds.

The Nick

Bench
Interesting your take on Parra.
Nick, what makes you think Arthur can coach ?
Not being sarcastic, but his record is at 42% and very limited at the helm.
personally, i think they will be struggling big time.
Too much instability at board level, new combinations etc.

He's very highly regarded every where he's been and followed by Watmough and Foran to a basket case of a club for a reason. Won back to back titles with Cairns Brothers and left the club streaks ahead of the league in all grades in a very competitive competition prior to being picked up by Storm. I know I'm basically asking you to trust me but the guy is very impressive.

Sezer a running 5/8? Not sure what you've seen of him, but the guy plays his best footy as an organiser, he can direct the team around and has a killer kicking game (as well as being able to run the ball). He's a better version of Adam Reynolds.

Fair enough. I like him as a second receiver but I'll be treading into Vas territory trying to talk about "dominant playmakers" etc lol. Widdop and Marshall have proven very effective on their day so I could be proven wrong, but at this stage my feeling is the Raiders won't make the 8.