What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

They still don't get it

Loudstrat

Coach
lol@ a thread full of Storm fans bleating on at how they are treated, while saying they dont care what anyone thinks. Simotwat, if you dont care, dont post. And tell your cheating merkin coach to stfu.

squeeze

Juniors
Agreed. Storm fans have nothing to apologise for. In fact, they are the main set of fans that deserve an apology. They lost more then any other set of fans.

The club should apologize. Not the fans.

we don't need an apology, some of the best moments in watching RL was being in the stands watching us win. at the same time, watching us get belted 40 - 0 and being surrounded by manly ferals was the worst :p

tbh - the best apology the storm has givin us fans is how they have played this year, i go to the game proud to be a storm supporter, i give my due FU's to the other team supporters and rise with all the other proud storm supports when they take the field . To rebound like they have is admirable and when we take the premiership it will again be one of the best moments in my time watching RL. GO STORM!

simostorm

Bench
lol@ a thread full of Storm fans bleating on at how they are treated, while saying they dont care what anyone thinks. Simotwat, if you dont care, dont post. And tell your cheating merkin coach to stfu.

heres the thing sport... If you dont like what Bellamy has to say Lugnut.. then put your fingers in your ears next time you see him talk.. lolz..

Loudstrat

Coach
Did you seriously not read my post at all nubcaeke! There were 3 supporters that I can remember off the top of my head who do the "f**k you" thing, but I'm seriously contemplating it cos I will NOT be told how to support my team, and after the absolute shit I copped in this forum last year, when I never, ever, not once defended the actions of the club I support, I do f**king deserve my moment in the sun and I'mma take it!
Yawn. PMS. No ones telling you how to support your team ffs!!!!!!!!

we don't need an apology, some of the best moments in watching RL was being in the stands watching us win. at the same time, watching us get belted 40 - 0 and being surrounded by manly ferals was the worst :p

tbh - the best apology the storm has givin us fans is how they have played this year, i go to the game proud to be a storm supporter, i give my due FU's to the other team supporters and rise with all the other proud storm supports when they take the field . To rebound like they have is admirable and when we take the premiership it will again be one of the best moments in my time watching RL. GO STORM!
I bet that makes you feel grown up. Still, if you are proud of cheating, you'll never grow up.

I take it that you wont whinge if you cop the same treatment in return one day at Leichhardt?

And Simotard, if you don't like what we have to say about your cheating scum, stick 2 forks in your eye and f*ck off.

simostorm

Bench
Yawn. PMS. No ones telling you how to support your team ffs!!!!!!!!

I bet that makes you feel grown up. Still, if you are proud of cheating, you'll never grow up.

I take it that you wont whinge if you cop the same treatment in return one day at Leichhardt?

And Simotard, if you don't like what we have to say about your cheating scum, stick 2 forks in your eye and f*ck off.

:lol::lol: no.. your the one that had the problem with what was said.. not me sport..if you cant handle it.. try some sort of deep breathing excercises.. rather then panicing about other peoples opinions..

Loudstrat

Coach
If you have no problem, then why are you bleating about it so often? Face it, your mob cheated, and got stripped of their winnings. You deal with this reality about as good as Bellamy does.

Even a dumb club like lol@souffs never lost any premierships :lol::lol:

simostorm

Bench
must be hard for you ay.. seeing us back up the top again.. yet your club since 09 has slipped down to almost getting the spoon..

and even SOUTHS finished higher then you guys did.. and we have a good chance of winning it all.. again.. this year... how does that grab ya? lol..

squeeze

Juniors
Quote:
Originally Posted by squeeze

have u ever sat at a grand final when ur team is being belted 40 - 0 and the only thing to u can do is read the record and stare at the sky. i give my due FU's and cop them the same as anyone else, its apart of going to the footy.

what u don't get is - we aren't proud of cheating infact totally the opposite, what we are proud of tho is what we have accomplished this yr.

put urself in a storm supporters shoes for a minute. - u get very minimal live games show on tv in melb (go look at the nine and wwos facebook page and the constent posts about it - the first mention of this weekends final being live was mentioned at thur's night footy show, shown at 11.15pm - there has been afaik zero advertisment on tv and the weekend's tv guide has no mention of it) a fault that is to some extent the NRL's.
u get everything u have cheered for wiped away.
every forum topic, every news piece anything and everything u read and hear about the storm mentions us cheating, and u want us to just sit here and take it?

stormbati

Bench
Seems to be really getting up your nose there Loudy!
Please close this thread.

Us Storm fans cant enjoy 2011 without some dickhead bringing 2010 up.

Perth Red

Post Whore
As I said he'll be bringing it up for the next 20 years, he loves to wallow in the misery of the past!

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
have u ever sat at a grand final when ur team is being belted 40 - 0 and the only thing to u can do is read the record and stare at the sky. i give my due FU's and cop them the same as anyone else, its apart of going to the footy.

what u don't get is - we aren't proud of cheating infact totally the opposite, what we are proud of tho is what we have accomplished this yr.

put urself in a storm supporters shoes for a minute. - u get very minimal live games show on tv in melb (go look at the nine and wwos facebook page and the constent posts about it - the first mention of this weekends final being live was mentioned at thur's night footy show, shown at 11.15pm - there has been afaik zero advertisment on tv and the weekend's tv guide has no mention of it) a fault that is to some extent the NRL's.
every forum topic, every news piece anything and everything u read and hear about the storm mentions us cheating, and u want us to just sit here and take it?

Deliberately done at the last minute by nein in Melbourne to minimise any success the telecast has, thus enabling them to deny further opportunities. Keep smashing them online, and on the phones.

Stormsally

Juniors
Smith asked the question of Bellamy - I doubt he had any intention of raising it in his acceptance speech - and Bellamy answered the same as he has done from day one.

You all know the article originally quoted had that heading to get eveyone re-hashing the hate.

I find it hilarious those who are asking for an apology - that will somehow make everything right with supporters of other clubs - take a good hard look at yourself - would it really?

danny_luczak

Juniors
It seems that some in here wanted the storm to become extinct? What exactly did you guys want when they were found cheating? Booted out of the competition forever, sending Rugby League in Melbourne back 20 years?

The best thing that could have happened has happened from a crappy situation. The Melbourne public has EMBRACED their team. They want them to win at all costs to erase the horrible memories of last year.

Why can't people just leave it at that? What is done is done, there's no going back. A strong competition goes hand in hand with a strong Melbourne Storm. Of course the fans are still hurting. Irrational things can be said when you're hurt...

Loudstrat

Coach
must be hard for you ay.. seeing us back up the top again.. yet your club since 09 has slipped down to almost getting the spoon..

and even SOUTHS finished higher then you guys did.. and we have a good chance of winning it all.. again.. this year... how does that grab ya? lol..
Not hard at all. I assume Melbourne are playing fair this year, and as such if you win, good on you.

As for us, or any supporter of any club, you take the good with the bad. I have absolutely no reason to sit in a granstand and say "F*ck you" just because another teams fans are also there.

My team has never lost a GF by 40 points. Weve lost by 3, 2, 6 and 7. We also lost one by 22, but only after we were level pegging after 100 minutes.

Weve had dark moments though, notably the 98 prelim final. Dogs fans were great to us on that day though. I cannot fathom anything that would make it ok to say FU to all other teams fans. You can stand behind your club without hating all others.

Just like us in 09
The TV coverage isnt the fault of other clubs fans - everytime the issue is raised here the most vocal are fans of other clubs upset at your poor treatment. That said, you do have the pay TV option if you can afford it.

Wiping away everything your cheered for - whose fault was that?

Yes. Or direct your anger at those responsible, because what you have to 'take' is simply the response to what people like Bellamy and the club are given.

Did it gall you last year when leading players kept saying 'we have nothing to play for'? This year, for different reasons, my team also was out of the finals race, but when that point came they at least found something to play for. Call it pride in the jumper, their duty to the supporters if you like. There is far moreto playing footy than winning comps. Participation for a start. Integrity. The comeradery of participating in a sport we all love. If it was all about winning the comp and nothing else, Cronulla would have no point, and neither would the other virgin clubs or the ones like us that havent been there for a long time.

None of that justifies a "F*ck you" attitude.