What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Things Im looking forward to this year !

Noa

First Grade
All the boys are back to work tomorrow and its only 1 month till the first trials ( :D), so heres a list of some of things Im looking forward to this year.

• GI causing havoc with a true 5/8 outisde him for a whole season. I expect he'll get close to 30 tries.
  • Adam Blair cementing his status as one of the top 4 or 5 forwards in the game
  • Sika Manu coming back hungry for a ring. While he was playing last season he was our best player by large margin and as good as Blair is, Sika is better. Thats a scary thought for the comp.
  • Our style of play we finished with last year being tweaked further. It was a joy to watch.
  • Seeing kev Proctor play. He was awesome in the u-20 when he came back from injury.
  • Watching Dane Chisholm in NYC. Greased lightning and has all the skills.
  • Maipele Morseu, remember the name. Very quick, very skilled and very,very good. WILL be our #1 in a few years.
  • Watching the shock on a few NRL wingers faces when Matt Duffie tea-bags them next year
  • Seeing the further development in Dane Nielsens game, in the space of a month he went from a fringe grade player with a limited future to the best defensive winger in the game.
  • getting the chance to see Gareth Widdop get a chance in 1st grade, may be his last with us, I know he signed a 2 year deal, but he's too good to wait another year. He's an NRL FB right now

slammingsam

Juniors
Adam Blair really has it all for a forward.
He can play wide/tight or roam..
I cant wait till he puts it all together because he is a damn fine player.

Mantle

Juniors
A few from me.
- Aiden Tolman getting even better having a whole year starting in front row.
- Waiting for O'Neill to get a go in frist grade and never look back
- Can't wait to see how Chase goes on the right side, think his winger is going to be a lucky man.

The likes of Whiddop, Kelly and Bromwich coming into first grade and absolutely killig it and all the other clubs sitting back shaking their heads...

slammingsam

Juniors
Im not sure Chase has enough pace for the centres or the workrate for the backrow.
If he is going to play in the centres - he can certainly step and fend and has enough size.

LESStar58

Referee
I'm looking forward to watching the performance of the Ball and Premier League sides... there's now a real pathway for Victorian born players to play in the NRL and it'll be interesting to see how quickly these teams and players develop. All going well I'll be able to watch from the sidelines....

tezzah

Juniors
All the Victorian/Storm teams will be really tough IMO... got soooo much depth. Be interesting to see how they fair against established sides in the NSW cup.

Went really well in the SG Balll, 20s and NRL in 2009. New year, new challenge!

MsStorm

Bench
For me, off the field first, is the new stadium. Enough has been said on that so I will leave that one alone.

On field, looking forward to seeing more of the u/20's games than I did last year. Also try to get along to watch the u/18's and NSW Cup squads.

Can't wait to see Sika and Proctor back in action after their long layoff with injuries.