What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This Saturday June 4 - Newtown v Erina

Jeffles

Bench
Hello All

Thisweekend there are 4 games on the programme.

2 UTS Jets games
Flegg - Easts v Manly
JBC - Newtown v Erina

The JBC boys haven't had a home match for around 2 months due to the hopeless scheduling. Let's get behind the guys this weekend. The PL boys have the bye. Rarely are the JBC boys under the spotlight. But this year they have performed very well and they deserve a good welcome home. I have no delusions of grandeur. I'd just like to see them play in front of a few more people than normal.

It will be a close game looking at the ladder. Up the Jets!

I have no delusions of grandeur.

Ermmmm, not so sure about that.

What's in the Jeffles daydream highlights package so far? Newspaper magnate, high-flying legal eagle, Stanmore's favourite son welcomed home in a tickertape parade down Stanmore / New Canterbury Rds after Newtown win the World Club Challenge (it's an Amco Cup-style knockout by then), oh, lots of stuff like that...

But seriously, get out and support the boys in Royal Blue. Mind you, I can't see why we can't run the chooks/sleaze eagles Flegg match before the UTS games - after all, it's really only the battle of the dirty birds.

Go the UTS/JBC boys - wish I could be there.

Jeffles

Bench
The Dawson Twins Minus 1 said:
Mind you, I can't see why we can't run the chooks/sleaze eagles Flegg match before the UTS games - after all, it's really only the battle of the dirty birds.

Same here. Maybe I could get a passout and go to the Henson Park Hotel.

Anyway here are the sides that were named for Big League.

Newtown v Erina at Henson Park
Saturday June 4 Kick Off 3pm

NEWTOWN
1. Rodney PEAKE
2. John BERKLEY
3. David VIAL
4. Jardine BOBONGIE
5. John SINISA
6. Glenn SEDWELL
7. Daniel MORRIS
8. Luke HARLEN
9. Kiel ROBERTS
10. Lafi MANUA
11. Rimini REWITI
12. Thomas GEMMELL
13. Cameron CIRALDO

INTERCHANGE
15. David BUCKLEY
16. Ricky ROBERTS
17. Stephen ROSS
21. Clifford MANUA
23. Chris AHO

ERINA
1. Troy ROBINSON
2. Gavin KIRKMAN
3. Jeremy SOUTHWELL
4. David MOORE
5. Brian REES
6. Alan MUNRO
7. Luke JENKINS
8. Grant WOODEN
9. Shane WARD
10. David LOWE
11. Simon FRIEND
12. Shane WOODEN
13. Aaron HARDMAN ( C )

INTERCHANGE
14. Steve LYONS
15. Nigel TOWNSEND
16. Nat SEWELL
17. Tobias JONES

Coach: Tony KEEVILL

2 True Blues

Coach
Interesting. No mention of Alfie again, ( although he played last week, scoring another try ), and theyve got big Cliff on the bench.

We should wip em good....

2 True Blues

Coach
How many games does a player have to play for the J Beam team in order to qualify for semi's etc.??

Is the comp a top 4, top 6 or top 8 this season.??

How many games has Cliff played for the J/Beam side. Is this his first ??

Jeffles

Bench
Bluebag would be the authority on the first and third question. I'd say the answer to your first qureastion wouldn't be much. In the old NSWRL 3 grades days, ddin't you have to play a certain number of games in the latter half of the year?

The competition is a top 5. Ideally Newtown would get a home final in week 1 (which would act as a curtain raiser on Reunion Day)

Bluebag

Juniors
I belive it has changed to where a player has played the most games during the year,finals are done by bidding on who wants to host them rather than where you finish.

Bluebag

Juniors
I doubt Alf will play due to points as this is a very strong forward pack and points are at a premium.

Jeffles

Bench
Same thing I told you last week (or was it the other half). Due to points restrictions in the Jim Beam Cup, Alf Duncan may not play this weekend.

2 True Blues

Coach
If things keep going the way they are for the Sharks side it may not be long before big Thommas GEMMEL, SINISA, ALFIE, and others, get a run in Premier league anyway...

Jeffles

Bench
A good win. The tries were very razzle dazzle and we contained Erina (whose fullback was quite classy).

Good to see the PL boys there to give support. The crowd was OK but not great for a stand alone but there was some good support.

2 True Blues

Coach
Oath there was brother, I cant even talk now. was yellin pretty much alone though...support for what this side is doin to the opposition is nothing les than pathetic. what was the final score 56 or 54 to 8. A fricken slaughter.....

2 True Blues

Coach
How good did the boys play on Saturday. They ran rings around what was supposed to be a team that was equal on the ladder on points to them. looked like a 21 year old team versus the little league.

Erina were wore down by our forwards and the Newtown speedsters then ran away with the game.

What a top try saving tackle by John SINISA in the second half, not only running the Erina player down in cover defence but taking him over the side line as well.

Hope Tommas GEMMEL is not injured. He is a great player/captain and inspiration to the whole team.

The crowd was ordinary to say the least and not very vocal. Shame these guys are not getting the support that so do deserve. They are playing great and will be a real contender this year for the grandfinal.

The sides to beat are obviously the Sydney Bulls and Windsor.

little MORRIS was nothing short of awesome, and is definately a future star of the game. A player to hold on to.

2 True Blues

Coach
What was the final score, 56 or 54 to 8.

Jets could have even led at half time by a larger margin, throwing away several certain try opportunities, however with a scoreline like that who is really complaining.

Great stuff Jets, bloody awesome....