What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This week vs. Norths

What members of the Jet Army will be going to the second best RL ground in Australia? I reckon that the best spot will be in the "O'Reilly Stand" as it's offers a good view. Or how about getting the Jet Army to stand on the hill and shout for the boys?

Why don't we have some sort of theme for the day? I dunno what, but just something to make it a bit different. All the Jets fans could wear silly hats, or an ugly shirt comp (I think that RIP boys will win that one!).

I'm planning to get there nice and early to catch the Bears vs. the CC Rip in Flegg, it's good to see the Bears doing well in at least one grade.

Hope to see as many Jets and Bears on Saturday arvo as possible, and tell ya mates to come along!

mono_mal

Juniors
I was looking forward to going to I discovered the game would be played at 3pm on Saturday.
Expected to see a Friday night game though Norths have for some reason gone with the Saturday arvo option.
Hopefully this works for them as there crowds are really nothing short of woeful at the moment.
Anyways, good luck to the Jets.
Heres hoping the run continues and the Jets are cheered on in numbers by the 'Jets Army'.

mono_mal

Juniors
My mistake HPH. :lol:
If only Guildford had not left the Jim Beam Cup.
The Owls Nest - Jet Army rivalries could've been huge!

yappy

Bench
f'real?

God I hope so, that leaves us only three out of the eight when I was expecting being 7 behind the Jets.

yappy

Bench
Oh dear Bluebags. That's both of us that have succumbed to the Bears at NSO. #-o

Not a good look. Good luck to the Teddies though.

The Jets were outplayed by a far better team. However if we have to lose at least it was to the Bears. I couldn't believe the difference in the Bears from the previous week when they were flogged by Newcastle. Maybe the Jets took them too lightly?

in the crowd

Juniors
North’s were definitely the better team, they played very well for twenty minutes and then played crap. Newtown played crap for the full 80. I hope this loss doesn’t come back to haunt us.

What about poor old Ben Cook getting creamed giving his kicker an easier shot at goal which he missed (again) anyway.

Jeffles

Bench
Norths were the better side. Newtown were dreadful. To think the Jets I saw on Saturday almost beat league leaders Parramatta. Good gosh.

The Jets capitulated in the corresponding fixture last year. I hope they can bounce back. Canberra will be a tough assignment in Queanbeyan. The Raiders lost to the Dogs last week.

Bluebag

Juniors
The score was exactly the same as last year as well. Well done to the Bears they deserved the win.

Newtown Ear

Juniors
Fanny, Im glad you met the boys. Hornets a good bloke but dont show any interest in Jeffles, he only like older women. Your about 40 years too young for him!
Ya Know!

2 True Blues

Coach
Iv'e been watching it for weeks. HELU is fast but he just can't tackle.

Time and time again once teams realise this weakness out wide they start to take advantage of it. Scott MCLEAN used it in the first half against Norths.

It was also the reason for Parramatta coming back from 30 to 16 down..

I'm sure he's a top bloke, but seriously am I the only one to notice this. Bring back Alf DUNCAN from injury and put him on that wing with Ben on the other.

Add Caka Caka to the bench for some extra muscle late in the game. Monah and Caka Caka coming off the bench after Phil and Thommas and crew have softened up the opposition would be devastating.

The Jets will have a tough task against Canberra on the weekend.

Bluebag

Juniors
In defence of Seoli it must be noted that the defence inside him was poor leaving him in many cases with 2 on ones especially in the compressed defence we use.