What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This weeks side is a worry

borat

Bench
Twizzle said:
it really doesn't matter two hoots whether we win or loose this weekend

its how we are playing in about 6 weeks time, with a full strength team that matters

The most sensible thing I have seen posted about this game all week. You would almost think the GF had been brought forward to rd 24.

If Parra lose what does that do to your season. Not much, your still in second, you still have a home final and you still have 2 weeks left to hit your straps for the finals which is what its all about.

Same with the Dragons. Win or lose isn't really going to bother us. Even if we win we still mightn't make the top 2.

Good luck for the game guys, I hope its a cracker.

BTW I am a dragons supporter who beleives that just because Mark Riddell left our club doesn't mean he isn't a legend. He sereved our club well in his time and he still has my respect.

Nickeel

Juniors
The Colonel said:
He is averaging between fiftyu and sixty minutes a game. Even at that length of time he gives us ennough to attack on both sides. Wagon may be a defensive minded centre but he isn't short on ability either.

I remember a sublime cutout pass he threw to Burt earlier this year v Cowboys (from a scrum, resulted in a try)...

Quite a few parallels could be drawn between that game and this coming one, actually.

Nick

mickdo

Coach
borat said:
The most sensible thing I have seen posted about this game all week. You would almost think the GF had been brought forward to rd 24.

If Parra lose what does that do to your season. Not much, your still in second, you still have a home final and you still have 2 weeks left to hit your straps for the finals which is what its all about.

Same with the Dragons. Win or lose isn't really going to bother us. Even if we win we still mightn't make the top 2.

Good luck for the game guys, I hope its a cracker.

BTW I am a dragons supporter who beleives that just because Mark Riddell left our club doesn't mean he isn't a legend. He sereved our club well in his time and he still has my respect.
Sheesh. Never thought I'd see a post like that all week. :clap:

Eelectrica

Referee
Looking forward to this game. It's a great opportunity for some guys to young guys to step up and make a name for them self. Ben and Tim Smith have already done so.
Sure it will be disappointiung if we lose, but we will still in a pretty good position and have time to improve further.

mickdo

Coach
Nickeel said:
I remember a sublime cutout pass he threw to Burt earlier this year v Cowboys (from a scrum, resulted in a try)...

Quite a few parallels could be drawn between that game and this coming one, actually.

Nick
That was a beauty. I think the main reason the Cowboys defence was caught out on that one is because they looked up from the scrum and saw Wagon was going to get the ball, and thought (as did the rest of us) that there was a 0% chance he would pass :lol:

Eelectrica

Referee
mickdo said:
That was a beauty. I think the main reason the Cowboys defence was caught out on that one is because they looked up from the scrum and saw Wagon was going to get the ball, and thought (as did the rest of us) that there was a 0% chance he would pass :lol:

It's a pretty good shock tactic, the Wagon pass. Definately something to be unveiled during special games. Who knows, we might even see one this weekend.

Bet the Dogs were stunned to see some bombs up, hadn't done that in a while either :lol:

Nickeel

Juniors
mickdo said:

:lol: :lol:

Was actually going to write that in my original post, but thought I would give Wags some credit instead!

Nick

Nickeel

Juniors
Eelectrica said:
Bet the Dogs were stunned to see some bombs up, hadn't done that in a while either :lol:

Some more towering bombs (at the right times) for Greenshields please!

He seems a quality fullback, but was challenged a little by this against Brisbane. In our game against the Bulldogs, I was very impressed by one Timmy bomb in particular, which was perfectly placed and came down just outside the in-goal, forcing the defender to catch and then be forced back (he knocked on in-goal).

Timmy and Johnny's respective games should stand us in good stead this Sunday.

Nick

brokendigit

Juniors
Nickeel said:
???????????

Nick

Brown is not going to risk Ryles. He's almost certainly not going to be 100%.
He probably figures that he'll be needed for every game in the coming weeks, for far more crucial games...

Nickeel

Juniors
brokendigit said:
Brown is not going to risk Ryles. He's almost certainly not going to be 100%.
He probably figures that he'll be needed for every game in the coming weeks, for far more crucial games...

Yeah, I understand that you might rest Ryles, but I don't see that giving us the upper hand.

You've won your last five. You seem to be travelling pretty well!

Nick

brokendigit

Juniors
Nickeel said:
Yeah, I understand that you might rest Ryles, but I don't see that giving us the upper hand.

You've won your last five. You seem to be travelling pretty well!

Nick

Oh, don't get me wrong. We'll be competitive.

But take two SOO reps out of any starting line-up, & it has a disruptive effect. And if there is one side that you'd prefer not to be disrupted against, it's Parramatta.

mickdo

Coach
brokendigit said:

But take two SOO reps out of any starting line-up, & it has a disruptive effect. And if there is one side that you'd prefer not to be disrupted against, it's Parramatta.
Well we have lost Tahu and Morrison, so we have had plenty of disruption ourselves...

Nickeel

Juniors
brokendigit said:

You can't play mind games on fellow fans! Leave that for Cayless, Thompson, Brown, Smith et al.! :lol:

We all know you guys will be very hard to beat. So do our players, for that matter.

Nick

brokendigit

Juniors
mickdo said:
Well we have lost Tahu and Morrison, so we have had plenty of disruption ourselves...

Agreed - but (I may be wrong) the Eels have played a fair bit of footy this year without Tahu?

Morrison: Yep, good player - you'll miss his workrate - but he's not what I'd regard as a potential 'match-winner'. (The closest I'd equate it to would be losing Thompson?).

mickdo

Coach
brokendigit said:
Agreed - but (I may be wrong) the Eels have played a fair bit of footy this year without Tahu?

Morrison: Yep, good player - you'll miss his workrate - but he's not what I'd regard as a potential 'match-winner'. (The closest I'd equate it to would be losing Thompson?).
Considering most of our match winning has been achieved by our defence, I think Morrison is definitely in that category.

brokendigit

Juniors
mickdo said:
Considering most of our match winning has been achieved by our defence, I think Morrison is definitely in that category.

Fair point - but 606pts For can't be sneezed at... Best in the League, last time I checked...
Best defence as well - we'll be lucky to get within 12pts!

Latest posts