What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thompson out for one week

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Lance Thompson will not be available for next week's match against the Roosters.
Heshould be available for the round 26 match against Canterbury.

In last Friday's match against Newcastle, he came off after 15 minutes with a stretched medial ligament in his left knee.
Thompson was named Dragons' Captain for that match following the Judiciaries' shafting of Craig Smith.
This raises the question of who will be captain for next Sunday's match. While most will say Trent Barrett, he has yet to be actually named as captain for the Dragons. Earlier this year, winger Jamie Ainscough was named captain.
More importantly, who will fillThommo's role in the pack? It was bad enough losing Smith but IMO, Thompson is a big blow. Who should join Treacy in the 2nd row?

Willow
I feel that maybe ainscough will be the captain.
I also have been asking questions uummmm some where else as to the ability of Chris Nero as the coach has a big wrap on him(as read in coaches column official dragons website). He came to us from manly and it certainly infuriated Terry Randall that he had been let go.He currently has been doing it easy in the reggies of late, after working his way off the bench for the flegg side

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Chris Nero has been getting a few mentions.
Unless they re-shuffle the pack and do something like put Bartrim in the 2nd row (which sounds crazy) then I think we'll see a new bloke being blooded.

I keep reading that Luke Bailey might be available but I'll believe that when I see it. What chance of putting a prop in the back row?

Stapleton, Ryles and Liekvol up front and Ward in the second row sounds o.k.
Bring Nero up to the bench.
I am only guessing on Nero asI haven't seen him play.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I like the idea of Ward in the 2nd row.
He certainly looked like a back rower when put that step on to score the first try on Friday.
I think this looks like a fairly good pack:

Front Row: Ryles, Riddell, Leikvoll.
2nd Row: Ward, Treacy.
Lock: Hart
Bench: Stapleton, Bartrim.

OR, Hart could go into the 2nd row and Bartrim could start at lock which would see Ward back on the bench.

Dr@gons Man

Juniors
Put FItzgerald in the 2nd row!!!!!!!!
Hes already going to souths let him play 1 more game for the dragons. He makes a ton of tackles and he can also play lock and hooker.

My full Team
1 Roberts
2 Blacklock
3 Gasnier
4 McGregor
5 Ainscough
6 Barrett ©
7 Hooper
8 Ward
9 Riddell
10 Ryles
11 Treacy
12 Hart
13 FITZGERALD
Interchange
14 Stapleton
15 Leikvoll
16 Bartim
17 Hornby
Reserve
18 Nero

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Sorry Dr@gons Man. I forgot about Fitzgerald. Still can't believe that the club let him go.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Don't agree with it but he looked destined to stay in 1st Division.
IMO, Fitzgerald is built like a tackling five eighth. We already have Barrett.
He is also a very good utility player. He can handle the back row or the halves. Wealready have Hooper.
I can't blame him for wanting to move on but I still think the club should have tried harder to keep him.

T

tigger

Boys, whilst i know Lance Thompson is a born & bred Dragon & would pretty much die for the club, i think it is time to smell the coffee. Have you ever noticed where he stands in attack? Inside Centre..... There are very few 2nd Rowers that can make an impact there.... Hindmarsh, Menzies, Tallis...... The fact is that Thompson takes the ball up from that position and never looks outside.... He starves both Gasnier & Tingha of the ball. I think you would rather have Gasnier & Tingha touching the ball than Thompson. He is a solid player that needs to be closer to the ruck, not stuck in the centres, this probably has something to do with 'The Farrar Vision'. I know that the Dragons played a hell of a lot better when he was off the field on Friday.