What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thorman must be played this week

Unreal V

Juniors
Smith has let this guy sit on the bench for the last three weeks as the biggest may be man our club has ever had; either give him a shot or put him out of his missery.

A shot is not an isolated game here and there but give him a run for a few weeks or the rest of the season no matter what the cost, we have nothing to loose.

If Smith had half a brain he would play him no matter what before he decides to take up the guys option.

Against the storm we will need plenty of attcking options and frankly Witt, Wagon and Morris v Orford and Hill is not a match by any means.

Thorman at least has the guts to try something new, Witt and Morris seem to be playing it too safe of late.

Phillips

Referee
:clap: i agree, Smith brought him over here away from his home in the UK and has not given him a fair chance, in the time in firsts he's had he did some very good things, i really hope he stays with us next yr too

chico's nose

Juniors
What have you guys thought of Thorman so far. It was reported that he had agreed terms with Hull F.C before he agreed to join you guys and I must admit I was'nt to upset when he chose you over Hull. He is now been linked to a few clubs back in England but it seems his yearin oz could have done him more harm than good.

I have watched the eels games whenever they have been on over here but have only seen him play aginst the warriors I think. Do you think he could cut the mustard if given the chance

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
unless thye have already made up their mind

thorman plays well in the wet windy conditions, that we are likely to get at Olympic Park

Suitman

Post Whore
William Hung said:
Thorman is a cabbage- send him back to the UK

Sorry William, but that is just silly talk.
He has shown as much in his limited time on the field as any half/5/8th this season. In fact, he has shown far more fight, courage and organising ability than Witt has.

I sometimes wonder why Smith even bothered bringing him out.

Suity

William Hung

Juniors
Suitman said:
I sometimes wonder why Smith even bothered bringing him out.

Suity

That was the only part of your comeback that made sense.

How the hell has he showed more organisational ability than Witt? How many points have we scored in the games Chris has played? I can remember 6 against the Tigers (which ironically were all scored by Witt), 10 against the Warriors (although he did hit Stacey Jones on the chest for a ripper, and scored one himself, 6 against Saints...Fair dinkum the guy is worse than Witt. How many times have we scored of a Thorman kick or pass- it could well be 0. To say he has more organisational ability than Witt is ludacris- he even struggles in premier league.

Thormans organisation ability is about 0/10, whilest Witt can have a 2.

He aint worth the trouble- he has not got what it takes to be any good out here. I'd take Kusto before Thorman any day.

booeycollector

Juniors
Nothing he has done yet has impressed me. He is more suited to the slow, boring, English league. He has had his chances in first grade and has not stood up to the task. I'm sure he's a top fella and has ability but he is not the answer to our problems and he is better off improving playing in England. Who knows we might see him back in the NRL in the future. Hopefully better than now.

Parraren

Bench
He has the potential to be a good halfback in the NRL but he still needs to iron out quite a few problems in his game. He seems to have the odd brain explosion at times and whilst he does "try" different things he needs to learn to know when is the right time in the game for it. He has alot of errors in his game but I think it's because he's just trying too hard to impress because he's been given very few opportunities.

It's a question of whether the club is willing to persist with him for another year or not to see if he can realise his full potential.

William Hung

Juniors
I think Witt has been slightly more impressive than Thorman- and since we have him for another 3 yrs after this we might as well persist with him rather than Thorman. If it were the other way around i'd say persist with Thorman.

I can't see the point in having two halves with little to no organisational ability.

Eelementary

Post Whore
He's no good as an organiser.

Take the Warriors game - every time he kicked, he kicked it for himself.

He has the talent, but he's a very selfish half.

We need an organising halfback who guides us around and tells us what to do.

True EEL

Bench
i agree eelementary

Thorman is not an organiser.....he is instinctive and plays off his own bat ala his kicks for himself against the Warriors and ball hogging

having said that, i am not totally knocking him, but trying to make the point that if he was to be "allowed" to play at some point.....he should play 5/8 - not halfback

he would even be better suited to hokker than halfback, witt CAN organise given the chance, Thorman is not an organiser, he is a ball runner and passer

play him at 5/8 and give him some lattitude BS

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
give him a go at 5/8th plz.

if he can give the kangaroo's a decent scare, there's gotta be talent in him somewhere.

Utey

Coach
Only as a 5/8. He lakcs organisation and depth i say. He could be the answer but i would prefer Morris at pivot.

thedux

Juniors
I don't think it would matter who we had at HB at the moment with that bunch of skirts running around calling themselves forwards. The roosters game aside, we have pretty much lost the forward clash every week this season because Hindy is the only one who is willing to do the hard yards, and even his stats in attack were ordinary last week.