What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thought- RE Andrew Johns

Elia

Juniors
All i can say is that Andrew Johns is over-reacting to the max. Threatening to leave the NRL, well i say let him go , who cares, he'll come crawling back anyway.

cardinal

Juniors
Ron Jeremy said:
He's not the best i've seen, i'd rather a Steve Rogers ro ET run 100 metres to score or to save a try...then some fat arse kicking the ball 50 metres.

I can't live with the fact that some people think he's the best, i really can't...when you consider he never dominated Origin like Lewis, opposed the likes of Gower, Kimmorley, Orford, played under the 10 metre rule...unlike others who played and dominated under the 5 metre rule, didn't invent anything....the Banana kick was invented by AFL players, then Neil Baker, then Ricky Stuart...then Johns, and last but not least......Allan Langer tore him a new arse in 2003 or 04 in the SOO at 35, Johns didn't have anything on him, and i thought the best conquered all.

Great player, but give me the indivdual brillance of a Rogers, Grothe, ET, Beetson, Kenny anyday of the week, i couldn't give a f**k how long he can pass or kick the ball, I'd rather 13 Artie Beetsons or Wally Lewis's then 13 A Johns.

He is a spoilt brat but thats about all you can say against him. What could Wally Lewis do that joey can't, except only be involved in a game for about 30 min. ET and Grothe better all round players than Johns, please. Think i'll listen to the 2nd best 1/2 back of all time sterlo when he says Joey is the best player he has seen.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
cardinal said:
He is a spoilt brat but thats about all you can say against him. What could Wally Lewis do that joey can't, except only be involved in a game for about 30 min. ET and Grothe better all round players than Johns, please. Think i'll listen to the 2nd best 1/2 back of all time sterlo when he says Joey is the best player he has seen.

He can't run 100 metres to score or save a try. he doesn't have the athletisism of the likes of ET, Grothe, Rogers etc my point.

You define the perfect player then, don't understand why they are always halfbacks though.

And by the way, Wally dominated Origin for a decade against a better calibre of players under the 10 metre rule, Johns couldn't even hold a candle to Langer when he returned at 35 lol

Sterlo also said had a huge wrap on BS and thought we wouldn't make the 8.

Your opinion, sorry for disagreeing.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Andrew Johns is desperatley trying to win one last premiership before the new coach sets in next year ;-)

Honestly, didnt Steve Menzies in State of origin, under Tommy Raudonikis, say the "f.c" words as well....

oh, sorry, that was...."f**king cattledog" :lol: :lol: :lol:

ParraManiac

Juniors
I think the reason Joey has been acting this way, is because he has put some extra pressure on himself, that hasnt been spoken about. I believe he thinks he can win the comp with the Knights THIS year and then walk away.

I dont believe he is seriously considering working with Brian Smith when the pair obviously dont get along. This is why he has brought out the " I will quit and go to England" routine. There have already been murmurs about another stint at Warrington....... I just cant help but wonder if an agreement has already been reached?????

ParraManiac

Juniors
I dont think Johns necessarily deserves 4 weeks for the incident, and I am pretty sure it will get downgraded to 2 weeks with Joey apologising profusely to anyone who will listen.

The reason he has been graded this way though is because he backed the NRL into a corner, they had no choice. No player is bigger than the game, so for him to come out and say he wasnt sorry and the ref deserved it and blah blah blah, he deserves everything he gets. The NRL simply could not afford to let the highest profile player in the comp to carry on the way he was. What kind of message does that send?

David Gallop has handled it in his own way, he hasnt let Robert Finch get away with clearing Steve Clark, thus putting all referees on notice. Joey needed to make his complaints through official channels not through the media!

cardinal

Juniors
Ron Jeremy said:
He can't run 100 metres to score or save a try. he doesn't have the athletisism of the likes of ET, Grothe, Rogers etc my point.

You define the perfect player then, don't understand why they are always halfbacks though.

And by the way, Wally dominated Origin for a decade against a better calibre of players under the 10 metre rule, Johns couldn't even hold a candle to Langer when he returned at 35 lol

Sterlo also said had a huge wrap on BS and thought we wouldn't make the 8.

Your opinion, sorry for disagreeing.

Beetson and Lewis were not athletic players either thats what makes the game great all different styles of players can make an impact. So Langer is a better player than Johns because of a one off game? What about the SOO games joey has dominated. No one player has ever been so important to a club and had the impact as Johns. Brian Smith has done more good than bad for our club so I think sterlo's opinion is spot on again.

TheParraboy

Staff member
cant wait to see Joey back for newcastle in the first week of the semis at parramatta stadium

Tank30

Juniors
TheParraboy said:
cant wait to see Joey back for newcastle in the first week of the semis at parramatta stadium

Newcastle to lose the last two games without their superstar and finish 7th. First round against the bulldogs and the knights are gone...

Only time I will ever cheer for the bulldogs..:D