What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thoughts about Nathan Merrit?

Raider_69

Post Whore
ill tell ya he needs some media training
was listening to him on 2gb on the way home, terrible interveiwee!

Mr Saab

Referee
Raider_69 said:
ill tell ya he needs some media training
was listening to him on 2gb on the way home, terrible interveiwee!

Cant be any worse than Matt Bowen

Raider_69

Post Whore
Mr Saab said:
Cant be any worse than Matt Bowen

i didnt think so either, until i herd merritt :lol:
was on for about 5 minutes and i dont think he got much out beside "yea... ummm .... err"
:lol:

Sugar

Bench
How big should wingers be?
Merritt is 183cm and 88kgs
He may give away 12kgs on other wingers but makes up for it with pace.
He wont make origin but a city jersey he will get

NGR

Juniors
merritt could easily play NSW. only problem is nsw selectors dont like small blokes, i reckon if they had bowen and slater they still wouldnt pick them... and they wonder why they loose...

but who cares, it just means we have him on board for those games during the year, increasing the chance of us winning...

Walt Flanigan

Referee
I used Blacklock as a comparison to Merritt because he was leading try scorer in consectutive seasons and never got a rep jersey.

Mundine and Peachey are different. Peachey had the spot nailed but due to bad luck kept getting injured around origin time at his peek. Mundine on the other hand played origin but I honestly believe it was his sh*thouse attitude that kept him from reaching greater heights in the game.

RABK

Referee
Doesn't NSW's greatest Laurie Daley himself have aboriginal heritage? I'm pretty damn sure he does.

FIREUPGAZ

Juniors
there aren't many options left for wingers, so i suppose he might be in with a chance.
Grothe
King
Hazem

Who else?

Hutty1986

Immortal
nqboy said:
We haven't forgotten that you have NFI so I guess he was on-side.

:lol: :lol: Coming from you??

The nuffy who proves on a daily basis he knows nothing about league :lol:

Phillips

Referee
FIREUPGAZ said:
there aren't many options left for wingers, so i suppose he might be in with a chance.
Grothe
King
Hazem

Who else?

i'd have Amos Roberts before El Masri...

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
chewme said:
How big should wingers be?
Merritt is 183cm and 88kgs
He may give away 12kgs on other wingers but makes up for it with pace.
He wont make origin but a city jersey he will get

The problem there is that Inglis is likely to be one winger with Hunt, Slater, Tate options for the other wing depending on who gets the fullback spot. Merritt V Inglis. I don't care how much pace he has, it won't help close to the line.

yobbo84

Coach
DeeGan said:
Game two, in front of 52,000+ playing for a Queensland team down 1-0 (2004 series) - Slater's individual brilliance at that level qualifies the effort in my books as one of THE greatest tries of all-time.

For an over zealous Souths fan to come on here and suggest Merritt's was better - I believe it is a case of "looking at the try with red and green glasses on".

Each to their own.

I would be surprised if you found many members who would support your claim outside of South Sydney fans ;-)

Fair dinkum. Some South Sydney players actually can play a bit you know? Just because we rap them doesn't mean it's just because they play for Souths. The guy is a very, very good first grader. The try vs the Eels was an amazing show of speed, skill and agility. To be onside, chase, catch, step, chip-and-chase, weave and run 30m all within about 1m from the sideline is a show of great skill. His second try against the Sharks was great too.

And anyone who thinks he struggles defensively hasn't watched South Sydney play this year. This is an area where he has improved 10 fold over the last 12 months.

DeeGan

Bench
Fair dinkum, the "South Sydney players acutally can play a bit you know" comment isn't necessary - I recognise that fact. I simply stated that Slater's try AT ORIGIN level was better than that of Merritt's all things considered.

We'll leave it there and agree to disagree.

Good luck vs Canterbury.

Latest posts