What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thoughts about Nathan Merrit?

willvillain

Juniors
yobbo84 said:
He has already scored 2 absolutely sensational tries this year. He's a freak. Put it this way, if it were Matt Bowen or Billy Slater who scored them the Channel 9 team would deadset be creaming themselves.

EDIT - now that I think about it, the Merritt chip-and-chase last week was much like Slater's in Origin.. only better. He did it all with about 1m of room from the sideline!

Fair go mate. The Channel 9 team did cream themselves when he scored the try.

And the biggest difference between the two tries is that Merritt turned LIAM F*CKING REDDY around and outclassed him, whereas Slater (as much as I hate the cat) did it to one of the best in the business - Mini.

Carlito

Juniors
There is no doubt in my mind that QLD would bomb the f**k out of his wing if NSW selected him.

Paul Hewson

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
country origin for sure
never SOO or australia imo

Well I don't think you will find him playing for Country Origin. That is unless I am mistaken and Alexandria is out in the Country.

I think if his form continues he will play for City Origin. I think that NSW might be a bit further away from him at this point. Yet in saying that I don't think that he would be out of place there.

Stranger

Coach
yobbo84 said:
He has already scored 2 absolutely sensational tries this year. He's a freak. Put it this way, if it were Matt Bowen or Billy Slater who scored them the Channel 9 team would deadset be creaming themselves.

EDIT - now that I think about it, the Merritt chip-and-chase last week was much like Slater's in Origin.. only better. He did it all with about 1m of room from the sideline!

Yeah the world is also against the bunnies. Please.

To small for SOO, good for Country/city.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
meh....

I would have many over him.

He can be great in attack and decent in defence, but he can also go missing.

Will score many more for Souths..........our club treated him like shyte.

Hutty1986

Immortal
GoTheBears said:
it was different, cos merrit was onside:)

Exactly, I was waiting for someone to mention that.

Qlder's have been convieniently forgetting Slater was offside for 3 years now :roll:

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Please, Fittler was better than choc fullstop.

I am a huge Peachey fan, but there where more consistant players.

Blacklock was always dodgy in defence.

As for Merritt, King and Grothe are better all round players and wil be the wingers.

Inferno

Coach
no.2_lukeburt said:
NSW selector's trend; choc
peachey

merrit is just next on the list.

Don't forget Preston.

Unfortunately for Merritt I think his size will count against him.

That said the other contenders for the NSW backline have not been setting the world on fire either.

King, Grothe, Cooper, Lyon, Rooney and maybe Roberts will be fighting it out for the 4 wing and centre spots.

That said why do you care? Why would you want him unavailable for 3 games?

Personally I don't care if there are no Sharks selected for Origin.

nqboy

First Grade
Russle crowes band said:
and choc
and peachey

nsw selectors have a bit of a pattern there.
Get the black chip off your shoulder. Mundine was the only bloke who thought he was better than Daley and Peachey got injured two years in a row when he seemed certain to start for the Blues

nqboy

First Grade
Hutty1986 said:
Exactly, I was waiting for someone to mention that.

Qlder's have been convieniently forgetting Slater was offside for 3 years now :roll:
We haven't forgotten that you have NFI so I guess he was on-side.

kooriguy

Juniors
i would have roberts and merrit my nsw wingers only nsw guys fast enough to combat the qld lot of inglis, slater, wesser etc.