What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thoughts for the rest of the season.

seedy

Juniors
Is someways i'm hoping that the knights lose there next few games and give up on making the finals early cause i would love to see some of our younger players get a crack at first grade?We'll its great almost everyone is fit in the club we have some players in first grade that seem to be grossly out of form and are still getting picked each week!

roopy

Referee
We always said it would be a rebuilding year - and a few young guys like Ling, Tuafua, Uate and others could do with some firstgrade time.
Having said that - the season will be over soon enough - we need to keep giving it a shot for now.

knights_86

Juniors
i understand what your saying seedy, but i still hope we get a few more wins and can scrape into the 8. i think if we have our big four on board (simmo, bedsy, gids and mullo) and can get our **** together we might have some sort of chance to go ok in the finals.

that said, i do hope the likes of uate, tafua, white, sau, ling, wulf etc get some first grade experience this year sometime. it would only benefit us in the long run

otori

Juniors
Yeah I'd really like them to put in some more effort and at least crack about 7th position. 7th really isn't that much. Teams have been there before with 13-12.

Pika

Bench
Is someways i'm hoping that the knights lose there next few games and give up on making the finals early cause i would love to see some of our younger players get a crack at first grade?We'll its great almost everyone is fit in the club we have some players in first grade that seem to be grossly out of form and are still getting picked each week!

Seriously, at less than half way through the season, we are two points out of the top eight. How can anyone write off the season.

Some of you people have very short memories.

We come up against a Bulldogs team short as many satrs as ourselves. Its a game we can win.

Then we travel to North Queensland, a team sporting several Origin players backing up, same as ourselves. They are in terrible form, a team we can beat.

Then we hit two form teams in a row, Many and Roosters. Both teams we have beat.

We slumped to three losses earlier this season, two games as poor in performance as Tigers and Warriors, only to back up and beat the Roosters and Titans.

Throw the season and blood youth? Give me a break.

Blood youth when form warrants, and maybe its time.

But I would never wish the squad drop a few games to see it happen.

Sorry Seedy and this isn't personal, but that post is deadset the most pessimistic and backwards one I have read all year. Are you serious? Write off the season so we can blood youngsters. You are content with mediocrity? This 'rebuilding season' bulls### is exactly why this club is in the crap it is in right now. I think it is acop out and a coach should be sacked if they utter the words 'rebuliding season'. It sends the wrong message to the players that they aren't good enough to make the finals.

Yosh

Coach
Sorry Seedy and this isn't personal, but that post is deadset the most pessimistic and backwards one I have read all year. Are you serious? Write off the season so we can blood youngsters. You are content with mediocrity? This 'rebuilding season' bulls### is exactly why this club is in the crap it is in right now. I think it is acop out and a coach should be sacked if they utter the words 'rebuliding season'. It sends the wrong message to the players that they aren't good enough to make the finals.

I'm with you brother!!! Who says we cant win the competition this year? In the finals if the team that played agasint the Titans or the Storm turn up, seroiusly we can win this comp. I still believe if we scrap into the to 8 we can go all the way. Blood some youngsters anyway, one at a time, here and there, and if we have some injuries the finals, would be a great time to blood some youngsters (there was a saying for this, perhaps its throwing them in the deep end or something)...

Anyways Seedy you played any team sports before? If anyone on the team had that kind of attitude even if they were the most skilled player on the park you would never get to step out on the field again to represent your team. Have some pride mate and believe in your side

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Agree 110%. That post is going back to the dark days of 2007 and we aren't going there again. We've only lost three in a row and there's no doubt we're not that far behind the top teams in the competition. Winning the comp? Perhaps a long shot, but throwing in the towel when we're only just halfway through the competition? Please.

While we've got one of (if not THE best) supporters in the NRL, by god we can be as fickle as Roosters fans at times.

Pika

Bench
Anything is possible, but no, I do not believe we will win the comp.

Top 8 this year.

K-Man

Bench
As ridiculous as it comes across to say this: I think we are a better chance of making the grand final (assuming we were in the finals) than we are of actually making the finals.

Does that make sense haha? What I mean, my gut feeling is that we are going to miss out on the top 8 this year. Just too many things going against us I think. BUT, if we were to be magically moved up the table and planted in 7th or 8th, I would genuinely give us a chance of winning it if close to our best team was on the park.

We haven't had any trouble with the best sides in the comp. It's all the weaker teams we can't beat.

seedy

Juniors
Yosh,i do have pride in the knights,the guys in fg are tiring there hearts out which in more the u can say for last years lot!!The talents not there yet,but im not say that these players won't kick on,but lets see what sau or uate has prehaps instead of putting maddog back in every month or so when his fit!Or wes back to fullback where he hardly ever goes looking for the ball!Yes yosh i have played team sports all my life thanks for asking champ:)

Big Tim

First Grade

Nomination for worst thread/post of the year??????

I agree on the Mad Dog point, but thats about it.

darkness

Juniors
Poor Seedy. I understand where you are coming from, I guess but it is a tad bit negative. I think the next two games will be a sign of where the season will head, so just wait till those results come through. Alot of people see the same things as you, but are a bit more optimistic about it all. I guess it doesn't help matters when Brian Smith makes some hard to understand decisions with team selection, but up to this point they haven't all been that bad really. Although I am curious as to the future of Bails and Wicks position in the side if the knights slide.

pk76

Juniors
As ridiculous as it comes across to say this: I think we are a better chance of making the grand final (assuming we were in the finals) than we are of actually making the finals.

Does that make sense haha? What I mean, my gut feeling is that we are going to miss out on the top 8 this year. Just too many things going against us I think. BUT, if we were to be magically moved up the table and planted in 7th or 8th, I would genuinely give us a chance of winning it if close to our best team was on the park.

We haven't had any trouble with the best sides in the comp. It's all the weaker teams we can't beat.
Strangely enough, I can follow this 'logic'. If you have all your stars back from injury and just managed to scrap into the eight, I think you guys can do 'Tigers' of 2005.

Latest posts