What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thoughts on Round 1

Rammo

Juniors
Just wondering what you guys think of our round 1 prospects?

I'm expecting us to beat Penrith, but it could be tight early on.

Your thoughts?

ByRd

First Grade
Yeh rammo, im expecting the same. Both teams will take a while to get going as it is round 1 and fitness levels will be down. Players will get a feel for the game and i expect the half time score to be only bout 4-6 points in any teams favour. But during the second half i expect the dogs to get on top and come away with a 10-12 point victory.

Dogs= 26
Panthers= 16

Jackal Dog

Juniors
Should be close, Panthers will probably come out fired up but I thing the boys can come away with the win!

Dogs 22
Panthers 18

Smartman

Juniors
A danger game for the dogs, i expect the dogs to find their feet for the first month because many players hardly played last year.

I say panthers by 14-16 points.

BIGMAC

Juniors
panthers by 10-12 , the two hardfought wins in the trial will have done them the world of good and they definately have somthing to prove this year.

RiotAct

Juniors
dogs'll build slow this season, maybe a few losses early rounds then theyll pick up, dogs 22 - 20 panthers, complete bs guess :D

Dogs Of War

Coach
Hopefully the dissapointment of the last few rounds of last season provides the Dogs with enough motivation to come firing out of the blokes. Plus this season we don't have all the injuries to contend with right from the beginining.

I think in the first 20 we will blow them out of the park.

>zuzu<

Juniors
I think it would be much like the Prelim 04. Tight in the opening stanzas with them possibly grabbing a lead. But i think well come away with a fairly comfortable win.

28-14

Andrew Emilio - WTF????

What about Davui? What about Cutler?....Actually - how about a 4th FORWARD on the bench there?!

My confidence has approximately HALVED from when I did not know the makeup of our lineup....A winger/centre on the bench - FFS Trent Cutler or Davui have EARNED a crack at that, if that's what was in Folkesey's mind!

I hope I am proved wrong here - I REALLY do...but that is a truly puzzling selection, that could cost us BIGTIME late in the game if the game is close & Penrtih's large and very mobile pack of forwards are getting on top! :(

richies

Juniors
im glad for our sake that
penriths frank pritchard trent waterhouse and luke rooney are out
the first 2 names are great players

aenima1

Juniors
the dogs should have way too much up front, take puletua out of that panthers pack and its just about the weakest in the comp.

dogs 30 - panthers 12

atomic_crimson

Juniors
i think the dogs will come out alot harder than most expect... all this talk about the dogs going to have troubles esp due to the new combination of holdsworth and shifty... but i think we will win 13+ if we dont fall asleep towards the end like in the past