What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

*Throws up hands*

Timbo

Staff member
How on earth did we blow that?

20 minutes in we looked like worldbeaters, then the wheels fell off.

Credit to the Sharks, but boy we really blew that.

Tidus_Raider

Bench
Good effort by the boys. The 30-60 minute mark of the game we were sh*t house though.

My game notes:

-Gafa is too slow for a winger and was exposed by Simmons.
-Howell had a VERY quiet game again and it's not like we lack depth in the outside backs.
-Kahler should of proved beyond a shadow of a doubt he is a starting back rower
-Our bench sucks. Tyran Smith, although scoring a try had a mediocre game. He always has an error in him.
-Where was Ben Cross after 15 minutes???
-Withers 'bulgarillied' a try!!!

Jason Smith was a stand out as was Kahler. Graham was ALOT more involved. Good to see. Chin up guys and gals, we let one get away but at least we did it fighting.

albi

Juniors
The difference between the teams was a 12-2 penalty count. Mander is notoriously anti any team not from Sydney, and proved once again why he should be officiating no higher than the under 6's.

It's hard to win when the opposition has 14 players on the field!!

hrundi99

First Grade
We can't win games when one of our starting props gets 13 minutes of game time. If he's not fit or injured, get one of the PL guys on board.

albi said:
The difference between the teams was a 12-2 penalty count.

It's hard to win when the opposition has 14 players on the field!!

Agreed, we couldn't buy a penalty today. Withers was smashed high twice, no penalty. Woolford does the same, penalty and on report. Mander was a joke.

In saying that, if Toots hadn't of tripped over Smithy at the end it was golden point time. Good game, pity they couldn't run on with it, bloody mander.

Timbo

Staff member
Tidus_Raider said:
-Withers 'bulgarillied' a try!!!

As soon as he did that, I said the same thing.

Anyway, people have been wrapping him so much and I've been disagreeing so I haven't said anything, but I can't stand it anymore. Troy Thompson is the biggest powderpuff on earth. He gets whaled every hitup he puts in and he needs support for every tackle he makes. He belongs in reserve grade.

Cross was great-during the whole 16.35 seconds of gametime he saw.

Someone needs to tell Dave Howell he doesn't need to sprint up out of the line for every tackle he makes, I kept expecting the Sharks wingers to go straight around him, fortunately, our centres are good at mopping up.

If Gaf is still out next week, we somehow will need to squeeze Toddy in there so we have a goalkicker, Phil isn't going to cut it as a stand in.

Marshall Chalk gets more impressive every week, definite star of the future.

Paullyboy

Coach
Kris Kahler is brilliant in defence, and he proved it again today. I wish he never went off.

Phil Graham was MUCH better in attack but was disgraceful in defence, he showed no heart whatsoever in chasing Phil Bailey, he could have gotten to him 10 metres out from the line but for some reason just jogged alongside him and watched - I was furious. And he let in the try when Leului ran straight over the top of him.

I thought Matt Adamson was great in the first half but no where in the second, and I dont even remmeber seeing Croker from half time untill 5 minutes to go, he just faded out and we really need someone in there helpin smithy.

Smithy is a guru.

Tim Mander really needs to learn how to point both ways, that was an abysmal display of biased refereeing and he played himself out of any contention for the origin gig

Brimmer

Juniors
12-2 was a bit of surprise but I thought Mander had a reasonably good game.

We really have to get the stupid penalties out of our game. We were our worst enemy out there today.

Tidus_Raider

Bench
When Schif is ready to comeback i'll slot him at fullback and Chalk on the wing. Graham and Mogg have been going ok in the centres.

Thompson is at best a bench prop. We will never win a premiership with Cross/Thompson starting. We really miss Weyman's impact off the bench. Tongue goes good but he just doesn't have size on his side.

I think an option Elliot should look at is Adamson starting at prop with Kahler in the back row. I would go something like:

8.Thompson
9.Woolford
10.Adamson
11.Kahler
12.Miller/Rothery/Hindmarsh
13.Croker

Paullyboy

Coach
Frawley is due back eventually to, he'll make a big difference I reckon.

If he ever bloody plays again

chub

Juniors
I really want to know why Croker and Woolford were off with around 10 minutes to go in the game. Absolutely crucial time and our two most experienced players are sitting on the bench. I thought the ref had a good game, definately can't blame him for the loss. We lost our puff after the first twenty when we were killing it, with Adamson and Cross going off, and never got the steam up again.

Marshall Chalk and Graham definately need to be permanent fixtures in our backline, very impressive performances I thought with just a few errors that they will iron out with experience.

Great game, just quite unlucky

Tidus_Raider

Bench
chub said:
I really want to know why Croker and Woolford were off with around 10 minutes to go in the game. Absolutely crucial time and our two most experienced players are sitting on the bench.

Croker I can understand but Woolfrd should of been on. We need some one off the bench who can come on and add some spark. ATM that job is left to Robertson and he is going sh*tE!!

cooba

Juniors
I think Robert Finch should have a look at Mander's penalty count when he has refereed "Raiders" home games in the past. Think I can remember similar lopsided counts. 12 -3 count was the difference and I'm quoting Warren Ryan.

raider_at_heart

Juniors
5 tries each today and will lost by 6 points.

We really miss Shif and with him playing we would of won today I have no doubt.

I hate losing.:(

Chachi

Bench
- Don't be surprised if Tyran Smith starts in the front row next week to replace Cross (I'm not necessarily agreeing that is the right thing to do - but it won't surprise me).

- I worry just about every time Croker gets the ball these days.

- 12-3 penalty count is a huge concern. Although we were ill disciplined I thought at least 4 of the play the ball penalties against us were really soft calls. To Cronulla's credit their 3 penalties against was probably a fair call.

- Woolford will again be gone for a couple of weeks with his high tackle.

- Chalk MUST stay to replace Gafa when Choc returns.

- Crowd size was a bit dissapointing, but totally due to the game being on TV I suppose.

- My voice is f***ed from yelling for 80 minutes.

Certainly a game that got away...two home losses in a row now and I hope it doesn't haunt us down the track. Crucial game next week against the Tigers.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
Adamson cant tackle the big guys...

He always seems to come off 2nd best vs anyone near his size..he trys for the big hit way too often.

Gafa as much as i like him..he has to go, he has no speed and although is solid in defense his cons far out weigh his pro's.

Thompson played alright in my mind, he had a few nice runs and some good tackles...but still needs to do a little more.

Latest posts