What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thurston injured

I remember when the Broncos weren't a thing.

Missed finals, got beaten by Souffs.

Nek minnit, they're going back to back, setting up their own comp, throwing their weight around. Not much has changed.

Pedge1971

First Grade
You are completely missing the point in the midst of your rush to create an agenda against anything Brisbane related.

Milford is no chance of playing, JT will absolutely play. He's our gun half, you'd want the same if your club was in the same situation.

No, you are missing my point. I would be f**ked off and I sympathise with Brisbane fans. But Bennett would pull the same bullshit if the roles were reversed.

Anyway must be nice to think you can call on internationals to fill in and drop the half that has just helped you to 5 straight wins.......

Bronco18

Juniors
No, you are missing my point. I would be f**ked off and I sympathise with Brisbane fans. But Bennett would pull the same bullshit if the roles were reversed.

Yeah... and he wouldn't be doing his job as coach if he wasn't trying to sway the game for his team?

Someone can be a hypocrite and actually have a point. Crying hypocrisy is a great way of deflecting an argument.

_Johnsy

Referee
I'm actually starting to get sick of Queensland wanting to have a bet each way with Thurston. If he is not fit then he shouldn't be selected tomorrow. Kevin Walters is asking Wayne Bennett for Anthony Milford to train with the team and be a stand by. Wayne Bennett has rightly said that if he is not selected in the team then he won't be training with the team and will be playing against the Warriors on Saturday night.

Expecting clubs to sacrifice players so Rep teams can cover every scenario is unreasonable.

"Thurston said last week he expected to suit up for his 37th consecutive Origin game, but Maroons and Cowboys medicos do not share the champion pivot’s confidence.
Such is Walters’ concern, the Queensland coach wants Milford as his contingency plan and has sounded out Bennett on the possibility of the Broncos sensation joining Camp Maroon.

Bennett last week made it clear he would not release Milford immediately unless he was guaranteed a place in Queensland’s starting 17.

However, the Broncos coach is open to the idea of Milford being a late arrival into Camp Maroon after he plays for Brisbane against the Warriors in New Zealand this Saturday night.

Milford would be available to fly into camp on Sunday — the very day the Maroons will make a final call on Thurston’s fitness."

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...i/news-story/542053fbc811cc0873dfd1c86a48cec9

It's more cloak & dagger bullshit from QLD, he'll be playing make no bones about that.

King hit

Coach
Speaking of katter today

“Darrius (sic) Boyd wouldn’t know what a line break was, if he fell over it on a dark night!"

:D

I really wonder if any of these politicians know anything at all about sports but it's great seeing Katter display his redneck iq

davi

Juniors
Kevin Walters wasn't bluffing Jonathan Thurston pulls out of state of origin game 1. Anthony Milford will be playing starting at five-eighth and Jarrod Wallace will replace Thurston as 18th man.

blaza88z

Coach
Kevin Walters wasn't bluffing Jonathan Thurston pulls out of state of origin game 1. Anthony Milford will be playing starting at five-eighth and Jarrod Wallace will replace Thurston as 18th man.

Genuinely surprised, almost every time a star player has a lingering injury, they play...

It must have been bad

Nice Beaver

First Grade
I really have enjoyed old man Bennett pissing his incontinence pants this week. His hypocrisy is hilarious.

But that aside, it really is ridiculous that clubs can be decimated at rep time and games continue. It just dilutes the product of the game so much to have teams playing with half a side out against full strength teams.

If Origin is "the jewel in the crown" then just can NRL fixtures for 2 weeks and get it done over 3 weeks rather than dragging it out over a month and a half.

Clubs like the Bronco's will have this issue every year, and so too will a few other clubs to a degree. But when setting the draw each year, there is really no certainly in telling how most clubs will be affected by rep selections, so it should be just byes across the board.

I know some people will have to sit at home all weekend and shit their bed if there is no NRL, but...well....get over it. Origin is going nowhere so let's not f*ck up the real deal to cater for this mid season sideshow.

I really have enjoyed old man Bennett pissing his incontinence pants this week. His hypocrisy is hilarious.

But that aside, it really is ridiculous that clubs can be decimated at rep time and games continue. It just dilutes the product of the game so much to have teams playing with half a side out against full strength teams.

If Origin is "the jewel in the crown" then just can NRL fixtures for 2 weeks and get it done over 3 weeks rather than dragging it out over a month and a half.

Clubs like the Bronco's will have this issue every year, and so too will a few other clubs to a degree. But when setting the draw each year, there is really no certainly in telling how most clubs will be affected by rep selections, so it should be just byes across the board.

I know some people will have to sit at home all weekend and shit their bed if there is no NRL, but...well....get over it. Origin is going nowhere so let's not f*ck up the real deal to cater for this mid season sideshow.

It will be interesting next year as we have at least 1 origin match on a standalone weekend, and the gaps between games are supposed to be less than this year, this compressing the period that Origin is played over.

Canard

Immortal

Aren't they have one stand alone weekend in 2018? I assume as a "trial"?

You would think Wayne would have calmed down, not that he gets his dicky sticky on a regular basis.

King hit

Coach

Do you have a fear that Milford could be another DCE. He hasn't been at his best and was flawed last Friday (kicked out on the full a couple of times for starters). Ever since his 2015 people have him down as a hero but he hasn't shown any of that form for a while, after he was hyped up as a superstar. I remember how people used to call DCE Queensland's next icon and it turns out he is nowhere near the level of Thurston/Cronk etc.