What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thurston MOM wtf !!!

Who would u have given MOM?

• Thurston

Votes: 14 20.6%
  • Price

Votes: 50 73.5%
  • Mini

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.4%

• Total voters

roosterman57

Juniors
eagle rock said:
your bias is embarresing. :shock:

I think Price was way better... Thurston was kicking very poorly in the 1st half... overall i dont think there was a big standout game from anyone like there has been in the past...

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
I would've given it to Price

It's not the first time this year that Thurston has been given a MOM ahead of someone else I felt was more deserving. That's one of the perks with being the world's best player. In a tight call you always get the benefit of the doubt. This just confirms it that Thurston has now caught the "Andrew Johns" syndrome. Excellent game, but not the best on ground IMO. Tight call.

EvolutionUber

Juniors
Kicked 4/4 2 from the side line set up a try kicked a field goal and played well in general, couldn't not give it 2 him

Mr Saab

Referee
Thurstons kicking game left alot to be desired.
I would have given it to Hunt or Price

DeeGan

Bench
I had it: Price, Hunt and Thurston.

All three were awesome, Thurston's kicking a little off to take MOM for mine.

Anthony Minichiello deserves special mention too - made some NSW fans eat their words.

jayman

Juniors
no idea why price didnt get it...

thurston had a good game.. but geez the Channel 9 fellas love him to bits..

he cant do no wrong.. alot like when andrew johns played...even if joey had a bad game all he would have to do is pass once.. and hes got the award

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
EvolutionUber said:
Kicked 4/4 2 from the side line set up a try kicked a field goal and played well in general, couldn't not give it 2 him

Price scored a try, should've had 2, made over 200 metres, throw in a line break and 2 off loads for good measure. Still had time to make 22 tackles, zero errors (2 less than Thurston) and didn't concede a penalty (1 less than Thurston). Broke 7 tackles compared to Thurston's 2. On top of that played more minutes than any other Queensland forward.

Pretty much you've got Thurston MOM for kicking goals. Are you one of those Covell loving people?

Titanic

First Grade
Price by a smidgen from Thurston. Qld by a mile from NSW.

For those talking-up the halfback/commentators affair must have heard the warning signs for protected species Mullen. He wasn't terrible but he was outplayed in all departments whilst Anasta had a fair game for once. I can't go without mentioning Haynes pathetic milking of a penalty or that the ABC International showed the game live in China - friggin' miracle - bloody deadly - Qlder.

Latest posts