What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thurston Vs Lockyer

osg

Juniors
badav said:
i cant believe that there are still people talking about lockyer playing fullback . take it from someone who has watched his entire career. he played some of the best footy i have ever seen him play last year as a 5/8th. And he hasnt had any defensive issues at 5/8th for a fair while now. Dallymessanger have you watched him play footy since 2005.

lockyer and thurston compliment eachothers games very well. at the moment thurston is in red hot form and i really dont see any need whatsoever for lockyer to dominate queenslands playmaking.

i also think that lockyer would have to be one of the best halves in the game when it comes to support play and kick chase. he is always there. he scored more tries last year in a premiership winning side than most of the outside backs.

fair points Badav....... but go back to around 2000-2001 and you'll see what Lockyers best football was........ last year was great, but the accolades come in spades when you win everything on offer, backed up by those around you.

I'm not saying forget last year, but you mentioned to dally that he watched him play since 05......... well i could ask the same thing about you, did you watch Lockyer closely around 2000-2001?

THAT, Badav, was what Lockyer was, and still is to me.

badav

Bench
osg said:
fair points Badav....... but go back to around 2000-2001 and you'll see what Lockyers best football was........ last year was great, but the accolades come in spades when you win everything on offer, backed up by those around you.

I'm not saying forget last year, but you mentioned to dally that he watched him play since 05......... well i could ask the same thing about you, did you watch Lockyer closely around 2000-2001?

THAT, Badav, was what Lockyer was, and still is to me.

As i said. Ive watched his entire career. Go back and watch some of the old Brisbane games where Lockyer has a #1 on the back of his shirt. He still plays second receiver in attack in alot of cases.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Halfbacks

1. P. Sterling
2. P. Sterling's hair
then a gap
3. Langer
4. Stuart
5. Thurston
6. Mortimer
7. Johns

I haven't seen many halfbacks from before 1980 so if there is someone else I apologise.

DeeGan

Bench
Natalie's Daddy said:
Halfbacks

1. P. Sterling
2. P. Sterling's hair
then a gap
3. Langer
4. Stuart
5. Thurston
6. Mortimer
7. Johns

I haven't seen many halfbacks from before 1980 so if there is someone else I apologise.

You must have been changing a whole lot of many nappies over the last 25 years missing a lot of rugby league as well to come up with that rankings list :lol:

osg

Juniors
DeeGan said:
You must have been changing a whole lot of many nappies over the last 25 years missing a lot of rugby league as well to come up with that rankings list :lol:

agreed...... stuart??? WTF. Mortimer above Johns???? WTF x 2.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Both are overrated in the media and average talk from their respective clubs's fans. No direct offense to anyone here :p

In terms of ability Thurston probably has it better, but in terms of consistency Lockyer wins hands down.

Noa

First Grade
Seems to me that Jonathon plays just as many average games as he does great ones. Not counting the SOO (in which he was OK) he'd been average in the Cowboys previous few games, and even last year he had trouble with consistency.

Sure lockys slowing down but Queensland were awful in the first half with Thurstan dominating the show last week, but were alot better in the second-half when Locky took more of a hand.

Latest posts