What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thurston

Eelectrica

Referee
Don't agree. Thurston was good, but a lot of his kicks went touch in goal where Johns would have forced goal line drop outs.

RABK

Referee
lockyno1 said:
Great player but come off it..he was against Mullen and Zoolander..

Ahh the one thing that unites QLD and NSW fans at this time of year - our unabated hatred for you and your opinions.

What was the coverage like in LA?

RABK

Referee
Gene Krupa said:
f**k off you genius!

Perhaps we should select you for game 2 and you can put all your anger into becoming our high shot merkin ala Tonnie Carroll. :LOL:

Eddie.

Bench
He is a brilliant player.

Number 1 player in the game. Will dominate origin for a long time.

DeeGan

Bench
**And he casts the line**

Johnathan Thurston has the potential to be our greatest halfback, he ain't that today. The mecurial Allan Langer still holds that title.

A lot of members with short memories or N.F.I about the players from the past.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Red and Blue Knight said:
Ahh the one thing that unites QLD and NSW fans at this time of year - our unabated hatred for you and your opinions.

What was the coverage like in LA?

So you disagreeing..Anasta..and a bloke that has played what 10 games at halfback in his life is hardly a fair comparison. Yes Thurston played well..but look who he was against!

Big Pete

Referee
Yeah he looks the goods however he needs to play like this for about say 5 more seasons and keep improving.

Very promosing though, I'd definatly want him at the Broncos.

Pistol

Coach
Big Pete said:
Yeah he looks the goods however he needs to play like this for about say 5 more seasons and keep improving.

Very promosing though, I'd definatly want him at the Broncos.

Golden era again if that was the case. I'd be telling my brother in law to take my nephew to a few Broncs games to get him into league

Shorty

Staff member
EvolutionUber said:
Easily QLD's best ever half. Much better then Andrew Johns ever was.
We can't hold grudges against people who prematurely ejaculate.

I believe he will be one of the greatest halfbacks,leave it at that without having to compare him to Joey.

murray

Juniors
Thurston was good, but he didn't hold a candle to the individual domination of players like Johns and Langer. Aside from Lewis, Andrew Johns and Allen Langer are the only halves I've seen capable of turning a game while their forwards were being dominated, as opposed to players like Lockyer who perform off the base of a good forward performance. Only when Thurston can manage a single-handed turning of a game behind a forward rout should he be considered equal.

Charlie124

First Grade
Very early for calls like that. Definatly has the potential but a long way off Alfie and Wally for now, although i think time is the only factor here, he will hopefully be the best QLD has ever had one day, but not yet.

Jake86

Juniors
Great player...............

But give him, say, another 8 years until you start comparing him to johns or lewis

Gene Krupa

Referee
Red and Blue Knight said:
Perhaps we should select you for game 2 and you can put all your anger into becoming our high shot merkin ala Tonnie Carroll. :lol:

I'm in for that! :twisted: