What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thurston

roboshark

Coach
Obviously a talented footballer but I really have a lot of time for him as a person. Watching him give his headgear to a kid in the crowd every week is great to see

A year or two ago I was at the hotel when the qld came back from soo. There was a big group of fans out th front and every single one of the players walked straight past them. Jt was the only one who bothered to stop and take photos, autographs , talk to them until they had what they wanted

My opinion of him changed from that point

What do you guys think of him...football aside

Squae

Juniors
I use to think he was a bit of a díck, until i read your post.

Sounds like I got that wrong

shaggs

Coach
In townsville last weekend. Despite the loss he went up to a couple of groups, had a chat with them. Gave a few hugs and shook some hands. He really appeared to be happy talking to the punters.

shaggs

Coach
That was in the leagues club after the game. All the cows players walk through it into their preso/function. He went out of his way. Matty bowen did the same.

He may very well be a nice guy now but lets just say he could have had his own TV show in years gone by:
JT Escapes

Quigs

Immortal
Thank God we have him signed up from next year. I just wondering how we are going to fit JT and TC in the same backline.

Tis good to see blokes in his position doing that with the punters, and the punters appreciating it.

I know when I usually go up to a group of people that don't know me they always tell me to farkkkk off. Could never work that out just quietly.

He's also capable of some of the most unsportsman like behavior I have witnessed on the field..

I think it was the friday night game at suncorp vs the bulldogs that year straight after origin and the cowboys blew a decent lead from memory.. He was carrying on like an absolute child.. There's laying down the law as a captain and getting the team to regroup and refocus but berating your own players like I have seen him do from time to time is pathetic and not in the spirit of the game..

Wozza

Juniors
I seem to remember him giving away his grand final winning medal to Steve Price who missed it injured, a decent bloke off the field and I agree, it's a shame he's a cane toad.

island pro

Juniors
A kid I know sent JT a letter explaining how he had never been to a game, but that JT was his hero and even though his parents don't take him to the games he cheers from home every week.

A week later the kid recieved a signed jersey and a few tickets to the next home game.

Only a small gesture but I wonder how many other NRL players would do the same?

Frenzy.

Immortal
A kid I know sent JT a letter explaining how he had never been to a game, but that JT was his hero and even though his parents don't take him to the games he cheers from home every week.

A week later the kid recieved a signed jersey and a few tickets to the next home game.

Only a small gesture but I wonder how many other NRL players would do the same?

I wonder how many would have the iconic status to get the letter?

About the only player I could think of who wouldn't do anything is that retired hack Noddy.